12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
hi...how many of u guys quit their work and made actual travel plans priopr to the k1 interview???

or submitted proof of intent to marry in the US at the interview...

Thats kind of a risky thing to quit your job and buy tickets but Im sure its happened before. You actually need to bring a recent intent to marry letter with you to the interview. Is that the proof you're talking about?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Well look at my timeline. I already quit my job in january for the end of april. And since we are touched twice, I am kinda hopefull, that it will be perfect with ending my job and then get the flight to the states.

But I wont book a flight until you know your interview date.

The day the embassy will tell me the time, then I will book a flight right away.

It's risky to quit your job, yeah.....but depending on how long before you have to let your boss know, it's worth it. :thumbs:

DIana

Am sure there are those that have made travel plans prior to the interview, We won't make plans until the interview date.

Quiting your job is up to you - depends on type of work, and of course, how much money you have.. Some give notice to quite at a future date.

Proof of intent is required/suggested in the guides to bring/submit with Packet 3.

(Assuming the OP is the beneficiary)

yes..my employees hav to be given atleast 1 month notice before quitting..so was wondering if i shd tell them that am surely quitting forever wen the interview date arrives.....presuming allgoes well...

what have the folks who have their visas done...about their jobs????did every one continue working even after the visa is received or took a chance and quit before hand???

genuine replies wud be good ...

thank you...

pinky..

It depends on how quickly you plan to leave here after you get your visa. Some people leave right away, others take a couple months to finish up buisness before leaving. If its customary where you are to give a months notice, Give the notice as soon as you receive the visa and make flight arrangments for just after that.

keTiiDCjGVo

yes..my employees hav to be given atleast 1 month notice before quitting..so was wondering if i shd tell them that am surely quitting forever wen the interview date arrives.....presuming allgoes well...

what have the folks who have their visas done...about their jobs????did every one continue working even after the visa is received or took a chance and quit before hand???

genuine replies wud be good ...

thank you...

pinky..

My situation is the same, one month notice, and for sure I will be giving it only once I have the passport with the visa in my hand. All in all, looks like the right thing to do, as I've seen people who get stucked after a succesful interview and wait for the visa for months. Of course, we all pray that such thing will not happen to us.

I wish you all the luck, and the right choices :)

K-1 petition

February 6th 2007 - K1 petition sent to TSC

February 16th 2007 - cheque cashed

February 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received by mail!

May 16th - received NOA2 hardcopy

May 25th - first set of documents received home in Bucharest (list of documents to present at the interview) - based on fiance's request to open a provisional file

May 30th - packet arrived at the Embassy, Embassy notifies us about it.

June 21st - interview APPROVED!

June 22nd - VISA

August 17th - arriving in USA, through JFK

Sept 8th - wedding :)

AOS

Nov. 14th 2007 - delivered in Chicago

Dec. 18th 2007 - NOA for AOS, EAD, AP

Jan. 08th 2008 - Biometrics

Jan 09th 2008 - Transferred to CSC

Jan 09th 2008 - AP approved, EAD card production ordered

Jan 16th 2008 - AP in mail

Jan 19th 2008 - EAD in mail!!!

Jan 24th 2008 - AOS touch

Feb 05th 2008 - AOS touch

Feb 06th 2008 - AOS touch - RFE sent out

March 7th 2008 - Sent response to RFE (new medical)

March 28th 2008 - CRIS e-mail: CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

April 4th 2008 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED

ROC

Feb. 5th - package delivered at USCIS Vermont

Feb 11th - check cashed

Feb 13th - NOA 1 received for myself (NOA date: 02/05)

Feb 26th - Biometrics

Feb 28th - touch

March 1st - touch

April 26th - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi pinky :)

I'd say it depends on your situation. As someone said: how much notice you have to give, how long you can afford with no work, how soon you are able to tie ends etc.

I need to give only 2 wks notice. God willing, I will do that tomorrow - AFTER I pass my interview :) :) :)

I've already planned to work untill the end of this month and fly out only a few days after that. Asked abt ticket, but couldn't book it yet - don't wanna end up paying it for nothing if, haven forbid, I don't get my visa tomorrow. Ain't that rich! :)

Your timeline says your case is on its way to the embassy so you might not be too far away now but... be wise i.e. patient!

Here is for you not to have to wait much longer!

Blessings,

ausqueen

I129F process:

20 July '06- I129F filed with CSC (Got a lawyer - BIG MISTAKE... Didn't know of VJ!!!)

28 July '06 - NOA1

08 Dec '06 - NOA2

06 Feb '07 - medical

12 Mar '07 ----- INTERVIEW ----- A P P R O V E D -----

4 Apr '07 - US entry - San Francisco

1 July '07 - MARRIED in SF :)

AOS process (after K-1):

24 July '07 - AOS application received by Chicago Office

09 August '07 - Biometrics appt letter

24 August '07 - RFE for I-485 (incomplete tax info sent!)

28 August '07 - NOA letters for AOS, EAD and AP

29 August '07 - Biometrics

AP - 12 October '07 - hard copy: multiple travel, valid 12 months

EAD - 18 October '07 - hard copy: valid from the date of 1st notice of card production

SSN - 30 October '07 (married name), applied Oct 18, same day I got my EAD

DL - 11 December '07 - driving test at DMV San Francisco. Yay! Now I can drive on the "wrong" side of the road!

21 November '07 - AOS Interview (Letter rec'd Oct 15) ----- A P P R O V E D ----- A P P R O V E D ----- A P P R O V E D -----

07 December '07 - GREENCARD IN MAIL

Peace and quiet... apply for removal of conditions - August 2009!

I am still working now!! haha :D. Of course I have given my resignation letter to my boss last month as my "one month notice", right after I passed my interview. I decided to keep my job until I get my visa in hand because... no one could actually be 100% sure that everything would go well at the interview, and my job has been doing great in keeping me "sane" while getting through the Visa process and being away from my man... so i thought...just in case it didn't go as smooth as I wanted...at least I had my job to hold on to.

And I did not book flights before the interview either.. I just did it like...last week hahaha :D

TIMELINE :

Nov 16th, 2006 Sent I-129F to VSC - overnighted

Nov 20th, 2006 NOA1

Dec 4th, 2006 NOA2 !!!!! Dang...that was fast.. thank you GOD....

Dec 12th, 2006 E-mail from NVC : Petition forwarded to US Embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia

Dec 14th, 2006 E-mail from US Embassy in Jakarta : Packet 3

Jan 08th, 2007 Medical exam! --- Done! Dunno the result tho......... =/

Feb 06th, 2007 Sent packet 3 back to the Embassy with DHL!!!

Feb 15th, 2007 Packet 4 (By phone...)

Feb 22nd, 2007 Interview date!! - VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Apr 15th, 2007 POE : Detroit

May 04th, 2007 Barefoot wedding at Hutchinson Island, FL

May 09th, 2007 Applied for SSN

May 18th, 2007 SSN Received

June 9th, 2007 AOS + EAD paperwork sent

June 15th, 2007 NOA1 for AOS and EAD

June 18th, 2007 CHECKS CASHED (for both AOS and EAD)

July 10th, 2007 Biometrics Appt.

Aug 02nd, 2007 AOS transferred to CSC

Aug 22nd, 2007 EAD card production ordered!

Aug 29th, 2007 Greencard production ordered!!

Aug 31st, 2007 EAD card received

Sept 7th, 2007 2 Year Greencard received

June 24, 2009 I-751 sent (Priority Mail)

June 29, 2009 NOA 1

July 31, 2009 Biometrics

Oct 30, 2009 Card production ordered!!!

Nov 06, 2009 10 Year Greencard received

my wife had already inform her company she was leaving, but with no fixed date so any extra time the visa would be delayed means she would still be working, and also she had a critical position her duty was to find a replacement a good 3 months prior so she could train the replacement to handle her post. So actually the company ends up hire 2 persons the replace her post. that's to show you how much my baby was being overworked. We wanted to fly back together so I took a vacation there, I WAS BOLD yeap i bought a return ticket for her also, we already knew she got the visa though but didn't received the passport yet. As a precaution both tickets had a clause in it, If I change the date I only have to pay $50. so it wasn't too bad but glad the passport came in 2 days before our flight.

Gone but not Forgotten!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We are in the same situation as Nikita2Charles. My fiancee told her company that she was leaving "sometime" but didn't give a definite date. I think it may depend on your financial situation and how good your relationship is with your boss or company.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Quiting is risky-business. Your future, as well as your fiance future requires that you have a job. If your fiance arrives, and you don't have a job it will be difficult for the both of you to have a stable future. I woudn't suggest quiting a job.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.