YepTinJayden

questions about letter of employment full time temp work (merged)

12 posts in this topic

hi guys hope u can answer my questions im filing next month for k1 fiance visa but im having doubts because I just started working full time its long term but im not permanent yet i'm still with the staffing agency..

my added my income and it would be able to pass the 125% poverty guidelines for 3 people has anyone here got approved even if they are working as full time temps???

whoever asnwers to my question thank u i gladly appreciate it..

temp/ full time permanent employment has nothing to do with what you are referring to.

thanks for your time don't they want to see a permanent work to be able to continue supporting your fiance?

u think i have a chance to pass if my pay stub has temp in it? and the letter of employment has the word full time long term temp?

Hi vjers i want to ask what if I do meet the 125% income bracket but i'm jus a temp worker for an agency would US consule philippines approved us?? Or shud we just go to cr1 path?? We wanted the k1 path bcoz its faster and our son is already turning 4 and its really hard that i work at night and take care of him at day time.. Whoever replies thank u very much for ur time i will really appreciate it..

Best option is to get a co signer for the affidavit of support

K1 Visa Journey:

Engaged: January 26th 2013

Filed I-129F Petition (K1 Visa): April 14th 2015

NOA1 Hardcopy: April 17th 2015

I-129F (RFE): June 17th 2015

I-129F (Respond): July 22nd 2015

NOA2 Hardcopy: August 3rd 2015

Vancouver Embassy Received: September 9th 2015

Packet 3: September 16th 2015.....Packet 3 (Emailed): September 21st 2015

Packet 4: October 1st 2015

Medical Appointment: October 19th 2015

Interview: November 10th 2015 (Approved!!!)

Visa Received: November 16th 2015​

POE To Dallas, TX: November 25th 2015

AOS Journey:​

Married: January 7th 2016

​Filed I-485/I-765/I-131 (AOS/EAD/AP): February 2nd 2016

Package Returned For Wrong Cheque Amount (USCIS Error): February 24th 2016

Re-Filed I-485/I-765/I-131 (AOS/EAD/AP): February 25th 2016

NOA1 (Email + Text x3) I-485/I-765/I-131: March 3rd 2016

NOA1 Hardcopy I-485/I-765/I-131: March 7th 2016

Biometrics Letter: March 18th 2016

​Biometrics Appointment: March 28th 2016

Case Status: Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview: April 4th 2016

​I-765/I-131 (EAD/AP) Approved: May 4th 2016......I-765/I-131 (EAD/AP) Hardcopy: May 9th 2016

​EAD/AP Combo Card Received: May 12th 2016

Email Notification:​ Scheduled Interview: October 17th 2016......AOS Scheduled Interview Hardcopy: October 24th 2016

Actual AOS Interview: November 17th 2016......Approval Date: November 18th 2016

​2 Year Green Card Received: November 30th 2016

ROC Journey:

Filed I-751: August 17th 2018 *Pending*

In a case like this, they may look at how steady the income is- were you comfortably over the 125% of poverty level for the last three years, and are currently employed?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

It appears that the U.S. Embassy Manila is not asking K-1ers for an I-134 any more. Even if they do require you to submit an I-134, your current sustained income exceeds 125% of the poverty level, so you should be fine.

Tahoma and Chinook's K1 story --->> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/user/57425-tahoma/

thanks for your time don't they want to see a permanent work to be able to continue supporting your fiance?

u think i have a chance to pass if my pay stub has temp in it? and the letter of employment has the word full time long term temp?

Have you sustained the same or more income for the past atleast 2-3 years ?

It appears that the U.S. Embassy Manila is not asking K-1ers for an I-134 any more. Even if they do require you to submit an I-134, your current sustained income exceeds 125% of the poverty level, so you should be fine.

That is not true.. That's why when they ask for tax return receipts , you need to provide for the last 3 years. So making more at a temporary job at the moment won't be sufficient...

It's best OP prepares for a co-sponsor. If it is requested, you have it .If not, nothing lost.

Good luck!

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

I have a temp job, two years going now, because I can not find proper paying work. I pass the 125% for two (being her and I eventually) by $10k. People keep telling me it is not an issue and it is what I have to believe. :joy: However I could lose this job any day. I do not know, but I can not wait forever for real work. Just got to take the chance!!!

That is not true.. That's why when they ask for tax return receipts , you need to provide for the last 3 years. So making more at a temporary job at the moment won't be sufficient...

It's best OP prepares for a co-sponsor. If it is requested, you have it .If not, nothing lost.

Good luck!

^^^ Please confine your comments to Embassies which you are familiar with. None of your comments pertain to the U.S. Embassy Manila.

Tahoma and Chinook's K1 story --->> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/user/57425-tahoma/

^^^ Please confine your comments to Embassies which you are familiar with. None of your comments pertain to the U.S. Embassy Manila.

My bad..You are right..I read Manila and didn't think about manila in my response.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/mobile/wwwh3217.html

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.