B and H

January 2016 I-130 Filers

323 posts in this topic

Ryman's will have them also I believe.

These are the ones I got personally. Not cheap but won't tear the paper if / when removed.

http://www.ryman.co.uk/3m-post-it-index-flat-tabs-51x38mm-pack-of-24

I rather pay the extra and not be asked for RFE. I'm also over loading on information I think. I'm explaining UK Absulte Decree to avoid problems since I have seen it here. I'm including a original certification copy instead of just a copy of the copy... I also ordered 5 copies when we married. I sent one original with my husband already since I know he will need it.

Got them on eBay for £2.99 including postage. Yes, definitely worth spending a bit to avoid an RFE. The process is long enough as it is.

I saw this picture of someone's application and wondered if I should use a stiff paper/card file like that?

Edited to add I'm having trouble attaching the picture. But it was a plain card file.

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

I'm using a folder that has top clips on top that holds the file and it's a card file stock of folder. So if you don't have that, can't hurt. The one I'm going to send has several dividers in them again. I work with government files of a different type so I grabbed some when I was at the office supply store recently knowing I could use them.

I'm putting mine together tonight/tomorrow night to mail out on Saturday. How about you JFH?

Wife US Citizen/Husband UK Citizen

2mpdjqe.jpg

Any day now. Just need to get my passport photos done. Got my first day off work this month on Monday so will get them done then.

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Rwanda
Timeline

Gretch, are you still waiting on NOA1?

I won't be home to check for several more weeks (no, unfortunately I'm not with my husband either!), but I got an email 1/6. Putting my receipt number into the case status tool shows a receipt date of 1/4. I'm assuming my NOA1 is 1/6. I got sent to Nebraska.

12/14 Met at work in Rwanda

2/21/15 Became a couple

11/19/15 Married

11/23/15 I left Rwanda 

12/30/15 Mailed I-130

1/06/16 NOA1

5/03/16 NOA2!

5/06/16 NVC received case

5/20/16 Case number assigned

5/23/16 Email from NVC with case number

5/23/16 Choice of Agent filled out, AOS fee invoiced and paid

5/31/16 Called NVC, reviewed I-261 over the phone

6/02/16 IV bill invoiced and paid

7/28/16 Finally! All police clearances and birth certificate received; mailed IV and AOS; filed I-260

8/04/16 Official scan date (tracking shows "delivered" the day before)

8/15/16 Visiting my husband! 10 days

9/01/16 Received checklist in error, claiming our application was on hold because of a waiver application we never filed

9/02/16 Sent for supervisor review, six week timeframe given

9/13/16 Sent for "document review", whatever that is, told the timeframe is now indefinite

9/20/16 Contacted US Representative Adam Smith's office for assistance (WA)

9/26/16 3 N/As and Case Complete!

11/14/16 Interview: approved pending medical! (Vaccines hadn't been available)

11/19/16 Visa received in passport

12/09/16 POE Seattle

03/06/17 Green card received (address changed after POE, no problem)

5/2017 Our baby is due

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Got them on eBay for £2.99 including postage. Yes, definitely worth spending a bit to avoid an RFE. The process is long enough as it is.

I saw this picture of someone's application and wondered if I should use a stiff paper/card file like that?

Edited to add I'm having trouble attaching the picture. But it was a plain card file.

Hi Everyone,

We are wraping up our package and this should be done by this week.

What I am considering is to devide the all content in 3 parts that will be organized using:

Square Cut Folder Paper A4 Document File Storage

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MOJKAV4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_52hMwb746Z3T5

The 3 parts;

1. I-130 Petition (+ G1145, G325, etc.)

2. Primary Evidence

3. Secondary Evidences

On top of each folder, I will write the content although we also have a cover letter.

We hope to mail the package by the end of next week!!!

Have a great day

I've seen those square cut folders but my concern is that they are just a folded piece of card. How do you stop the document from falling out? Are you attaching it inside somehow?

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Hi all!

Well, I am starting this process again.... My husband's IR1 visa was approved in July 2013 and he has been in the U.S. since. We are currently awaiting the removal of his conditions (approval of his i751 should arrive in the next month, God willing) and then he will be issued his 10 year green card! The immigration process was certainly stressful back in 2012/2013 when we went through it but we were successful so I am happy to try to answer any questions you may have at the paperwork or the process as the process doesn't seem to have changed too much since then.

We are now starting the process of filing the i-130 paperwork again....this time for my stepdaughter (IR2 visa) but the process and processing times are the same as the IR1/CR1 process so I am joining you all here. I can't wait until she is approved and can join us here!

Her paperwork was assigned to the Potomac Service Center and unfortunately since it is a new service center, I am having a hard time finding any info about their processing times, etc. Did anyone else get sent to the Potomac Service Center?

Wishing you all the best on this journey!

Sent I-130: 1/9/16

NOA1: 1/15/16 - Application sent to the Potomac Service Center

2013 began CR1 process

Fast forward to:

2/24/16- Husband received 10 year green card

Starting the process over again for our daughter (IR2):

1/13/16 NOA1 from Potomac Service Center

4/5/16 NOA2!

4/7/16 Case sent to NVC

4/22/16 Received NVC Case and Invoice Numbers

4/22/16 Submitted DS-261

4/22/16 Invoice for AOS Received. Paid AOS Fee

4/25/16 AOS Fee shows as PAID

4/27/16 Invoice for IV Received. Paid IV Fee

4/29/16 IV Fee Shows as PAID

4/29/16 Submitted DS-260

5/6/16 Sent AOS and IV packages

5/9/16 AOS and IV packages received by NVC

5/9/16 Scan Date

6/10/16 Case Complete

8/8/16 Received Interview Date

9/20/16 Interview Date

Timeline

I've seen those square cut folders but my concern is that they are just a folded piece of card. How do you stop the document from falling out? Are you attaching it inside somehow?

If this a concern to you.

You can use the ones with the bottom being closed.

What we found helpful m is the fact that you can write the content on top of each folder. And the documents are paper cliped the way they are listed.

At the end ... You cannot predict the reviewing officer preferences.

" a. Do not use binders or folders that cannot be easily disassembled.

b. Use ACCO fasteners to hold together thick or bulky applications or petitions. Two-hole punching the top of the material for easy placement in the file is appreciated. Exception: Petitions filed at the Chicago lockbox should use paperclips when attaching supporting personal documents to forms instead of ACCO fasteners; staples are acceptable when attaching fees.

c. The use of tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. The tabs should be placed on the bottom and not the side for ease in filing.

d. Avoid using heavy-duty staples; instead use ACCO fasteners or heavy clips.

e. Avoid submitting originals unless specifically required (Forms I-94, Labor certifications, etc). Avoid submitting oversized documentation when possible."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hi all!

Well, I am starting this process again.... My husband's IR1 visa was approved in July 2013 and he has been in the U.S. since. We are currently awaiting the removal of his conditions (approval of his i751 should arrive in the next month, God willing) and then he will be issued his 10 year green card! The immigration process was certainly stressful back in 2012/2013 when we went through it but we were successful so I am happy to try to answer any questions you may have at the paperwork or the process as the process doesn't seem to have changed too much since then.

We are now starting the process of filing the i-130 paperwork again....this time for my stepdaughter (IR2 visa) but the process and processing times are the same as the IR1/CR1 process so I am joining you all here. I can't wait until she is approved and can join us here!

Her paperwork was assigned to the Potomac Service Center and unfortunately since it is a new service center, I am having a hard time finding any info about their processing times, etc. Did anyone else get sent to the Potomac Service Center?

Wishing you all the best on this journey!

Sent I-130: 1/9/16

NOA1: 1/15/16 - Application sent to the Potomac Service Center

Good luck to you!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~~Post merged with existing thread.~~~

This thread is for FORM i130 who got approved in Jannuary 2016 and got or in the process of getting Noa2.on the process of going to NVC.or something like that.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Congratulations on the approval, but this is probably not the right thread to merge. The poster filed in November and is already approved; we are just now filing.

~~~Post merged with existing thread.~~~

2015-10-13 Married in Phú Yên, Việt Nam

I-130

2016-01-04 NOA1

2016-05-16 NOA2 133 days from NOA1

NVC

2016-08-11 Case complete

Consulate

2016-10-31 Interview 81 days from case complete, 301 days from NOA1

2016-11-05 Visa received

POE

2016-11-17 Seattle-Tacoma

Timeline

Getting closer ... to mail our I-130 package ... :rolleyes:

Yesterday we got our passport style photos done at one of the photograph's stores recommended by the US Embassy.

To avoid any glare, the photographer asked me to remove my eyeglasses B-) (I wear them for medical reason ...). I am quite confident he is right as we mentioned the purpose (US Visa Petition).

Nevertheless ... I will be :angry:<_< if we get a RFE as I have them on all the Bona Fide pictures and my Belgian passport's copy.

Anyway happy to send the package tomorrow with UPS or FedEx, and to officially start our Timeline :dance: !!!

Getting closer ... to mail our I-130 package ... :rolleyes:

Yesterday we got our passport style photos done at one of the photograph's stores recommended by the US Embassy.

To avoid any glare, the photographer asked me to remove my eyeglasses B-) (I wear them for medical reason ...). I am quite confident he is right as we mentioned the purpose (US Visa Petition).

Nevertheless ... I will be :angry:<_< if we get a RFE as I have them on all the Bona Fide pictures and my Belgian passport's copy.

Anyway happy to send the package tomorrow with UPS or FedEx, and to officially start our Timeline :dance: !!!

We are at a similar stage. I am getting my pictures done today. I was planning on removing my glasses too. I wear them all the time but I am concerned about the glare.

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.