Jump to content

Request further study

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts


you can only work 20 hours per week on campus, to be an international student, you must study full time, and have income to do so

that's why you need not only the money for studying, but to live here and pay all your expenses

there are very limited jobs that you can work on a student visa and you cannot work full time and go to classes whenever you can, you must be enrolled as a full time student

now you posted your question in the work visa forum, so do you want to get a work visa or a student visa?

Edited by aleful

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

With many studies, after you graduate you are allowed a few months of work to get experience, but working and studying are not the same thing. What exactly is your aim with coming to the USA? It may also help to know what you are graduating from and what subject)s) you have studied.

Your first step is to find the course at the university you want to attend, then contact their Foreign Students office to get the I-20. Once that is done, make an appointment for a visa interview at your local US embassy.

You will need to explain why you want to study in the USA, why you cannot study at home or in a different country, why you want to study at that university/ that course, and how you will afford it without working illegally.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.