gryphon

Non-immigrant visa for pending immigrants

51 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone,

There's a petition I had started to try to get some attention to the pain of consular processing. if you have some time, please read it and if you agree, please sign and share! Thanks =)

https://www.change.org/p/barack-obama-allow-us-citizens-sponsored-foreign-family-members-to-visit-during-immigration-processing

Case Complete to Interview Date Spreadsheet Analysis: http://www.gryphonsoftwareconsulting.com/vj/index.html

Nov 04, 2015 - Sent I-130

Nov 16, 2015 - I-130 NOA1

Mar 29, 2016 - I-130 NOA2

Mar 30, 2016 - Sent to NVC

Apr 04, 2016 - NOA2 hardcopy received

Apr 04, 2016 - NVC Received
Apr 12, 2016 - Case # Assigned

Apr 19, 2016 - Paid AOS and IV fees (finally! :ranting: )
Apr 20, 2016 - AOS and IV fees show PAID

Apr 27, 2016 - Scan date

May 16, 2016 - Case complete

May 25, 2016 - Interview date assigned: Jul 14, 2016

May 26, 2016 - P4 received

May 31, 2016 - CEAC Status changed to "In Transit"

Jun 01, 2016 - CEAC Status changed to "Ready"

Jul 14, 2016 - Visa Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Suggest you read the Guides to make yourself familiar with the process.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I'm currently in the process awaiting the results of the I-130 - is there something specific that I've missed or were you referring to forum guidelines? If I've violated something to that effect, I do apologize, as that was not intended.

Case Complete to Interview Date Spreadsheet Analysis: http://www.gryphonsoftwareconsulting.com/vj/index.html

Apr 27, 2016 - Scan date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

People are allowed to apply for a visitor visa during the immigrant visa process. What are you trying to change?

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

The Guides above are a good source of information on the process. Many of the basic questions are answered in them.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Hmm... perhaps it's a visa waiver issue? The CBP has said they will not allow it while the immigration process is ongoing. I'll double check the links. Thanks!

Edited by gryphon

Apr 27, 2016 - Scan date

Timeline

You are confusing your specific situation with the general norm.

Timeline

So you're saying the norm is that people are able to get non-immigrant visas during consular processing?

Apr 27, 2016 - Scan date

Timeline

I visited during the process, I would assume most Canadians do.

Timeline

I'm still not sure how to convince CBP that she has no intention of abandoning her home when she does without lying. So far, both CBP and lawyers have said it's very difficult, while the Internet is saying "no problem!". I was just hoping to garner support for something that seems so silly to have to prove.

101. (a) (15) (B) - an alien (other than one coming for the purpose of study or of performing skilled or unskilled labor or as a representative of foreign press, radio, film, or other foreign information media coming to engage in such vocation) having a residence in a foreign country which he has no intention of abandoning and who is visiting the United States temporarily for business or temporarily for pleasure;

It says in your profile you filed on a K-1, so why would you even need a B visa?

Apr 27, 2016 - Scan date

Timeline

If you are asking me I visited on the VWP. Could not get a B.

Timeline

Ok, I think that's where the confusion is. I used the wrong term earlier - Canada isn't part of the VWP, they just don't normally have to apply for B visas. I see from http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/visit/visa-waiver-program.htmlthat " Persons admitted under the Visa Waiver Program are not permitted to change status in the United States", which I'd imagine is the real reason they don't allow the B visas. Thanks for the info, I'll look into it.

Apr 27, 2016 - Scan date

Filed: Timeline

it's not the visiting that is the problem - it's the incredibly low rate of compliance by those 'visitors', who often jump at the chance to do the AOS and circumvent the wait....now, if (a) Congress legislates an end to any and all AOS or COS from B2 visas and (b) admits people, for say a month, with stiff penalties for those who refuse to obey, and disallow all waivers for such transgressions, etc, then perhaps more people could obtain B2 visas and enjoy a visit now and then while the I-130s are being processed.

But sadly, there are no such restrictions (as yet) and since INA 214b has not been repealed, then each and every applicant seeking a B2 visa, no matter whether they are married to an Amcit or not, has to convince a CO that they will be the one in a 100 who actually returns to their country to finalize the IV process instead rushing to the nearest USCIS office to begin the AOS, while telling anyone who will listen (but none who believe) that they had no intention of staying.

Timeline

You can adust through marriage when enter ing on the VWP. Many do.

Filed: Timeline

and contributes to the difficulty non-VWP folks have when asking for a B2 visa.,...because the COs know that an AOS is common, that the applicant has already expressed a strong interest in immigrating and that there are no meaningful controls in the US to prevent the AOS...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.