walran

Why so few I-129F's approved in November??

22 posts in this topic

csc_i129f_approvals.gif

Looking at this graph it seemed like there was a pretty level number of applications approved right up until November and then it tapered of to a third seemingly overnight! Why would this be..?

There is a key that explains that graph. Look directly below the graph. It says:

"You can interpret the graph as follows:

(1) The bars indicate the percentage of petitions filed during a given month that have been approved. High percentages mean that the USCIS has processed most petitions originally filed during that month while a low percentage indicates few to none have been processed. "

So, that means that about 25% of people who filed in November have been approved. Seeing as how this is the 3rd week in December, and that the stated average is about a month, I'd say that's right about right (and may be an indication that the average will increase to 5 weeks, probably due to Thanksgiving).

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

23 Dec 2015: Legal marriage

23 Jan 2016: Wedding!

23 Jan 2016: "Blizzard of the Century", wedding canceled/rescheduled (thank goodness we were legally married first or we'd have had a big problem!) :sleepy:

24 Jan 2016: Small "civil ceremony" with friends and family who were snowed in with us. December was a bit of a secret and people had traveled internationally and knew we *had* to get married that weekend, and our December legal marriage was nothing but signing a piece of paper at our priest's kitchen table, without any sort of vows etc so this was actually a very special (if not legally significant) day. (L)

16 Apr 2016: Filed for AOS and EAD/AP (We delayed a bit-- no big rush, enjoying the USCIS break)

23 Apr 2016: Wedding! Finally! :luv:

27 Apr 2016: Electronic NOA1 for all 3 :dancing:
29 Apr 2016: NOA1 Hardcopy for all 3
29 Jul 2016: Online service request for late EAD (Day 104)
29 Jul 2016: EAD/AP Approved ~3 hours after online service request
04 Aug 2016: RFE for Green Card (requested medicals/ vaccination record. They already have it). :ranting:
05 Aug 2016: EAD/AP Combo Card arrived! (Day 111)
08 Aug 2016: Congressional constituent request to get guidance on the RFE. Hoping they see they have the form and approve!

K-1 Visa Timeline:

PLEASE NOTE. This timeline was during the period of time when TSC was working on I-129fs and had a huge backlog. The average processing time was 210+ days. This is in no way predictive of your own timeline if you filed during or after April 2015, unless CSC develops a backlog. A backlog is anything above the 5-month goal time listed on USCIS's site

14 Feb 2015: Mailed I-129f to Dallas Lockbox. (L) (Most expensive Valentine's card I've ever sent!)

17 Feb 2015: NOA1 "Received Date"
19 Feb 2015: NOA1 Notice Date
08 Aug 2015: NOA2 email! :luv: (173 days from NOA1)

17 Aug 2015: Sent to NVC

?? Aug 2015: Arrived at NVC

25 Aug 2015: NVC Case # Assigned

31 Aug 2015: Left NVC for Consulate in San Jose

09 Sep 2015: Consulate received :dancing: (32 days from NOA2)

11 Sep 2015: Packet 3 emailed from embassy to me, the petitioner (34 days from NOA2).

18 Sep 2015: Medicals complete

21 Sep 2015: Packet 3 complete, my boss puts a temporary moratorium on all time off due to work emergency :clock:

02 Oct 2015: Work emergency clears up, interview scheduled (soonest available was 5 business days away--Columbus Day was in there)

13 Oct 2015: Interview

13 Oct 2015: VISA APPROVED :thumbs: (236 days from NOA1)

19 Oct 2015: Visa-in-hand

24 Oct 2015: POE !

15 Dec 2015: Fiance's mother's B-2 visa interview: APPROVED! So happy she will be at the wedding! :thumbs:

!

I know two girls that they filed on July and they both got approved in 21 days (from NOA1 to NOA2). And they received their visa on november (in Argentina)

November's approvals does not mean about the filers, but the number of cases that they approved, either from the same month or previus months applications.

event.png

My K-1 Fiancée Visa Journey

USCIS:
2015-04-09: I-129F Mailed out overnight to Lewisville, TX
2015-04-10: Case received by USCIS. Routed to California Service Center
2015-04-14: Received our e-mail of NOA1
2015-04-21: NOA1 Hardcopy on hand!
2015-06-12: Case was approved! NOA2
2015-06-19: I797 Hardcopy on hand!
National Visa Center (NVC):
2015-07-06: BNS Case number assigned!
2015-07-07: DS-160 Completed
2015-07-07: Visa FEE paid off
2015-07-11: Case updated at CEAC to "in Transit"!
2015-07-13: Case updated at CEAC to "Ready"!
Argentina's U.S. Embassy - Consular Section:
2015-07-15: Embassy received the package hardcopy from NVC by DHL
2015-07-16: Vaccinations done
2015-07-17: Police certificate done
2015-07-21: Medicals done
2015-07-23: Packet 3 documentation set
2015-07-24: Received packet 3
2015-07-27: Handed in packet 3 to the embassy
2015-08-21: Received packet 4
2015-09-07: Re-done police certificate, required by the USBA IV unit.
2015-09-08: Received package of affidavit of support, sent by UPS from Roland to Argentina
2015-09-10: Interview APPROVED!!!!
2015-09-11: Case status updated at CEAC to "Administrative Processing"!
2015-09-14: Case status updated at CEAC to "Issued"!
2015-09-23: Passport ready to pick up! Scheduled for September 25th.
2015-09-25: Visa on hand
2015-10-02: Departure from Ezeiza, Buenos Aires
Department of Homeland Security (DHS):
2015-10-03: POE - Atlanta, GA
2015-10-16: Got married at Denton, Caroline County's Courthouse

My AOS Journey

Social Security Administration:
2015-10-26: Applied for SSN at Cambridge Social Security Administration
2015-11-23: Called SSA after four weeks mark. They re-send the forms because it was the wrong one.
2016-01-12: Visit SSA and been told that there was a mail sent to me according the situation. Received it later in the afternoon.

2016-01-13: Finally got my SSN card!! (Yayy!! after 80 days!!)

USCIS:
2015-12-17: Forms I-485, I-765 & I-131 Mailed out by USPS Priority mail
2015-12-20: Package delivered

2015-12-30: Received three NOA1's e-mails and sms (I-485, I-131 and I-765)

2016-01-05: Received three NOA1's hardcopies on hand!

2016-01-06: Received biometrics appointment letter.

2016-01-19: Biometrics appointment @ Dover, DE. (Successful! Took only 10 mins.)

2016-01-25: RFIE notification :cry:

2016-02-02: RFIE hardcopy mail received. (I864 form needed to be corrected + additional documentation)

2016-03-08: Overnighted the RFIE response with UPS

2016-03-09: Package delivered

2016-03-10: Received RFIE reception notification

2016-04-08: EAD & AP been approved!

2016-04-11: Received AP & EAD approval e-notification!! (woot woot!!)

2016-04-12: EAD card is being produced

2016-04-13: EAD card been mailed

2016-04-15: Combo card on hand!

2016-XX-XX: (GC interview/approval notice!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!) :clock:

I know two girls that they filed on July and they both got approved in 21 days (from NOA1 to NOA2). And they received their visa on november (in Argentina)

November's approvals does not mean about the filers, but the number of cases that they approved, either from the same month or previus months applications.

Not according to the key that explains the graph. If you want that data, you can use Igor's list to create it for yourself. But that specific graph is taking the number of people who filed in November and then keeping track of what percentage of them have gotten approved. Point #1 right below the graph says as much: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?cfl=

They do it this way so that you can sort of guesstimate when it will be your turn. Watching how many CSC does on a day to day basis wouldn't really help you much, for two reasons. One: what is here on Visajourney is NOT from the government, it is from Visajourney users. It doesn't show anywhere close to the full applicant pool. So, one, it would look like CSC only approved 20 applications in one day, when in reality thy probably did 200. And even if you did have the 200 number, how is that helpful to you if you don't know how many people are "in line" ahead of you? It's must better to find those who applied around the same time you did, and watch how they fare to get an idea of when you will get approved.

And you know two girls who filed in July and got approved in 21 days because in July, CSC's average was about 21 days. Now the average is 35.

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

23 Dec 2015: Legal marriage

23 Jan 2016: Wedding!

23 Jan 2016: "Blizzard of the Century", wedding canceled/rescheduled (thank goodness we were legally married first or we'd have had a big problem!) :sleepy:

24 Jan 2016: Small "civil ceremony" with friends and family who were snowed in with us. December was a bit of a secret and people had traveled internationally and knew we *had* to get married that weekend, and our December legal marriage was nothing but signing a piece of paper at our priest's kitchen table, without any sort of vows etc so this was actually a very special (if not legally significant) day. (L)

16 Apr 2016: Filed for AOS and EAD/AP (We delayed a bit-- no big rush, enjoying the USCIS break)

23 Apr 2016: Wedding! Finally! :luv:

27 Apr 2016: Electronic NOA1 for all 3 :dancing:
29 Apr 2016: NOA1 Hardcopy for all 3
29 Jul 2016: Online service request for late EAD (Day 104)
29 Jul 2016: EAD/AP Approved ~3 hours after online service request
04 Aug 2016: RFE for Green Card (requested medicals/ vaccination record. They already have it). :ranting:
05 Aug 2016: EAD/AP Combo Card arrived! (Day 111)
08 Aug 2016: Congressional constituent request to get guidance on the RFE. Hoping they see they have the form and approve!

K-1 Visa Timeline:

PLEASE NOTE. This timeline was during the period of time when TSC was working on I-129fs and had a huge backlog. The average processing time was 210+ days. This is in no way predictive of your own timeline if you filed during or after April 2015, unless CSC develops a backlog. A backlog is anything above the 5-month goal time listed on USCIS's site

14 Feb 2015: Mailed I-129f to Dallas Lockbox. (L) (Most expensive Valentine's card I've ever sent!)

17 Feb 2015: NOA1 "Received Date"
19 Feb 2015: NOA1 Notice Date
08 Aug 2015: NOA2 email! :luv: (173 days from NOA1)

17 Aug 2015: Sent to NVC

?? Aug 2015: Arrived at NVC

25 Aug 2015: NVC Case # Assigned

31 Aug 2015: Left NVC for Consulate in San Jose

09 Sep 2015: Consulate received :dancing: (32 days from NOA2)

11 Sep 2015: Packet 3 emailed from embassy to me, the petitioner (34 days from NOA2).

18 Sep 2015: Medicals complete

21 Sep 2015: Packet 3 complete, my boss puts a temporary moratorium on all time off due to work emergency :clock:

02 Oct 2015: Work emergency clears up, interview scheduled (soonest available was 5 business days away--Columbus Day was in there)

13 Oct 2015: Interview

13 Oct 2015: VISA APPROVED :thumbs: (236 days from NOA1)

19 Oct 2015: Visa-in-hand

24 Oct 2015: POE !

15 Dec 2015: Fiance's mother's B-2 visa interview: APPROVED! So happy she will be at the wedding! :thumbs:

!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

I'm Nov 2 receipt. I've pulled what I think is every K-1 petition for Nov 2. 150 total. I check every night on each one. I also have 20 petitions on my USCIS case tracker app that I watch to see movement, very little to none.

Reviews occurred for 30% of the K-1s on the dates guessed by VJ of Dec 4-7. The remaining have been touched at a very slow rate, 1-2 approvals per day, until 16 Dec when RFE have been going out 5 on 16th, 5 on 17th. I haven't seen anymore approvals for Nov 2 receipt. There are still a lot outstanding.

In our Nov forum we have a very smart guy who created a program to check daily on a specific number of K-1. He's showing 40% for Nov 2, and the rest of the days less.

So Nov has not been completed, not even close.

For Information: Igor's list does not list out all the petitions for any specific date. Those are only the ones where members have provided the information. It is does not query the USCIS database.

So where can we access this wonderful case tracker app? :) and what is the link for the program checking the specific Number of K1's.. Would be interesting to see what we are really looking at as far as timelines..

Based on VJ I should see approval about 35 days out from NOA1.. I guess we'll see what happens and when.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

My tally as of 8:45pm CST today, 18 Dec

Nov 2 Receipt---from the USCIS case tracker site, not Igor.

70 - pending review = 47%

52 - approvals = 35% 51 occurred before or on 10 Dec 1 occurred on 11 Dec total of 0 or 0% happening in the past 3 days

26 - RFE = 26% 18 occurring on the 15th, 17th, 18th of Dec total of 18 or 69% happening in the past 3 days

4 - Returned

Good bet that anyone that has a receipt date of Nov 2 and no NOA2 as of today can be expecting a RFE.

I don't know if you can extend this to other dates. In that all approvals occur within the 4 days of the VJ predicted date, anything beyond that is most likely a RFE.

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

BREATH: if there were to be a stop in the K-1 visa program it would be done by ending the acceptance of new petitions starting on some future date, such as 1 March 2016 no more K-1 petitions. All petitions in the system would be processed through. My expectation, so as not to upset people to much, and not have to refund money.

I've learned over the years that we have choices, either to sit back and let life (other people) steer our life boat, or to participate in the steering. I rather participate, or steer my own boat--control the odds as best I can. I think you should as well, for the sake of your future bride/groom to complete this process as we started it. If they want to change the rules of the game, let them do it after we are completed.

With that said.

I am asking you guys to VOTE against the HR4274 that would end K-1. Ask your friends/family to vote as well, and anyone else you can (other groups you participate). Go here:

https://www.popvox.c...s/us/114/hr4274

If your friends/family are leaning against the K-1, because of the wacko in Cali along with the news media and drama queen politicians saying the K-1 is a loophole. Have them read this to understand the process we all go through:

http://diplopundit.n...eening-process/

The process is solid, and the best there is, no way can any process or background check 'read minds or hearts'. Any more than making outlawing guns can keep a wacko from getting one (aka Paris with very strict gun control)---don't forget another attack in France was averted a couple of months back on a trainhttps://en.wikipedia...ys_train_attack.

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Thank you I just opposed it on the site you sent.. There is always some dumb assed politician trying to make political hay out of something.. The K-1 process isn't the problem..

Maybe taking the issues against the countries where terrorists come from would be a better idea as in double screening but in this country we are so phobic about being anti Muslim, religion, etc. that it's ridiculous.. Not all Muslim's are terrorists but it seems that all terrorists these days are Muslim.. I have lived under Islam and have many friends but would always say screen, screen, and then screen again...from most of those countries..

But politicians from Texas won't do that so they say..."Down with K-1's!!"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.