LookyWhatIFound

December 2015 I-130 Filers

1,437 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

this app seems to be the highest rated for the iphone

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/uscis-case-tracker-searcher/id921827126?mt=8

ah ok thanks this is just for ucsis, not nvc. :)

Edited by dub42

Remember NVC and USCIS are 2 different parts of the government so I doubt a USCIS app would work for NVC case.

It funny how USCIS doesn't even reference NVC on their NOA2 and just says it sent the case to The Department of State (A giant department that contains the NVC).

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Im dec.22 filer I got an email today Fr. USCIS and its Approval notice..Almost 4 months and thank you lord

Congrats Neragail! :D Also congrats to all that got thier NOA2 yesterday!

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Timeline

Remember NVC and USCIS are 2 different parts of the government so I doubt a USCIS app would work for NVC case.

It funny how USCIS doesn't even reference NVC on their NOA2 and just says it sent the case to The Department of State (A giant department that contains the NVC).

a nvc case app would be a good idea, doubt its possible though

a nvc case app would be a good idea, doubt its possible though

They could get one created to access the CEAC site but you know it depends on how many people clammer for it, and whether they get the funding and go ahead to do it.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Timeline

Im dec.22 filer I got an email today Fr. USCIS and its Approval notice..Almost 4 months and thank you lord

Congrats Neragail! We're really happy for you!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone! I'm a March filer, just wanted to say thanks for posting all your progress. It makes the wait more bearable as it gives me an idea as to what's going on. Congrats to all those that's gotten approved so far and I'm sure those havnt your time is coming soon.

I do have one question though, I have a visitors visa to the states, at what point will I be unable to use it to travel to the states. I've heard they have turn people back at airports, punch visas or take away the visa until the filing process is complete. Since my file is still just as USCIS, can I travel and stay in the US for three months?

I-485

[Day 01 ] October 4 - Status "Fingerprint fee received"

[Day 36 ] November 9 - Biometric Appointment

[Day 37 ] November 10 - Status changed to "Request for Initial evidence was mailed"

[Day 41 ] November 14 - Received RFIE notice

[Day 44 ] November 17 - Mailed off Response

[Day 47 ] November 21 - Status Changed to ''Response to USCIS request for evidence was received'

[Day 57 ] December 01 - Status changed to "Request for Initial evidence was mailed"

[Day 61 ] November 05 - Received RFIE notice

[Day 68 ] December 07 - Mailed off Response

I-765

[Day 1 ] October 4 - Status "Case was received"

[Day 1/57] December 01 - Form I-765 will be processed within 90 days of the receipt of the requested evidence :cry:

[Day 58] December 7 - No updates :clock:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Still waiting over here! One good thing that happened was I noticed I actually had my NOA1 date wrong. I was going by the date they mailed the letter, but the notice date is the 18th, not the 21st.

I also started a new job recently and work with some Americans from US CBP. I've also met some people from ICE and DoS...they seem to find it amusing when I tell them I'm going through the visa process. They're also sympathetic because they know how long it takes!

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone! I'm a March filer, just wanted to say thanks for posting all your progress. It makes the wait more bearable as it gives me an idea as to what's going on. Congrats to all those that's gotten approved so far and I'm sure those havnt your time is coming soon.

I do have one question though, I have a visitors visa to the states, at what point will I be unable to use it to travel to the states. I've heard they have turn people back at airports, punch visas or take away the visa until the filing process is complete. Since my file is still just as USCIS, can I travel and stay in the US for three months?

you can travel anytime , there is no restrictions on visiting if you have a valid visa

just make sure you have proper documentation of return and you are not intending to stay for more than 6 months

documents can be return ticket , employer's letter stating you are working with them , letter from the college stating you are studying etc

USCIS:

FedEx overnight I-130: December 17, 2015
NOA1 hard copy received: January 1, 2016

NOA2 hard copy received: April 24, 2016
-------------------------------------------------------
NVC:

Case and IIN Assigned: May 4, 2016

Choice of Agent (DS-261): May 4, 2016

AOS Fee paid: May 4, 2016

IV Fee Paid: May 6, 2016

DS-260 Completed: May 14 , 2016

Case Complete : June 8,2016

EMBASSY:

Medical Completed : July 22, 2016 review link

Interview : July 28, 2016 APPROVED !!!! review link

Visa issued : July 29, 2016

Visa in hand : August 3, 2016

POE : August 4, 2016 Montreal, Canada

224 days start to finish :dancing:

SSC in hand : August 15 , 2016

Green card : January 14th , 2017

-----------------------------------------------------------

ROC

packet sent : May 5, 2018

package received : May 7, 2018

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Still waiting over here! One good thing that happened was I noticed I actually had my NOA1 date wrong. I was going by the date they mailed the letter, but the notice date is the 18th, not the 21st.

I also started a new job recently and work with some Americans from US CBP. I've also met some people from ICE and DoS...they seem to find it amusing when I tell them I'm going through the visa process. They're also sympathetic because they know how long it takes!

we both have dates close to each other , mine was DEC 22 for Montreal and you are DEC 18 for Montreal

and since Montreal is an EP , processing is faster

lets hope we have our interviews at the same time :)

USCIS:

FedEx overnight I-130: December 17, 2015
NOA1 hard copy received: January 1, 2016

NOA2 hard copy received: April 24, 2016
NVC:

Case and IIN Assigned: May 4, 2016

Choice of Agent (DS-261): May 4, 2016

AOS Fee paid: May 4, 2016

IV Fee Paid: May 6, 2016

DS-260 Completed: May 14 , 2016

Case Complete : June 8,2016

EMBASSY:

Medical Completed : July 22, 2016 review link

Interview : July 28, 2016 APPROVED !!!! review link

Visa issued : July 29, 2016

Visa in hand : August 3, 2016

POE : August 4, 2016 Montreal, Canada

224 days start to finish :dancing:

SSC in hand : August 15 , 2016

Green card : January 14th , 2017

-----------------------------------------------------------

ROC

packet sent : May 5, 2018

package received : May 7, 2018

Congratulations!!! I've been watching your timeline like a hawk because you are 7 weeks ahead of us. So hopefully I will have my approval in 7 weeks!!!

It seems like things are seeping up a bit. Maybe we will have an approval in May. I think that I am being a bit too optimistic though. I will be heading back to the UK in a few days.

First meeting: 04/14/12

Wedding: 11/23/15

i130 petition sent to Phoenix Lockbox: 01/20/16

NOA1: 01/26/16 (Notice Date written on I-797c)

NOA2: ???

Guys, Has NVC received any of the recently approved cases from CSC? We are at a three weeks mark since NOA2, with nothing on the NVC end. Why such a lag at CSC versus other service centers in sending off approved cases?

N400 Date Filed: 2019-12-03

NOA Date: 2019-12-03

Bio. Appt.: 2019-12-30

Interview Date: 2020-02-18

Approved: Yes

Oath: 2020-02-28

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.