Fahmi

Administration processing Cairo Egypt

69 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I have a friend whose fiance was in AP for 6 months, though nothing further was requested of him at the interview. She got her congressman involved and he had his approval within a few weeks. Of course that's not going to work in every case, but it may be worth a try, particularly considering you've been married 10 years and lived in the USA 23 years. It seems you're quite a low security risk.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2014-09-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-09-08 I-130

I-130 Appr5oved : 2015-02-22

NVC Received : 2015-03-09

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-03-20

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-03-28

Send AOS Package : 2015-04-28

Submit DS-261 : 2015-04-25

Receive IV Bill : 2015-04-14

Pay IV Bill : 2015-04-22

Send IV Package : 2015-04-28

Scanned date: 2015-04-28

Check list : 2015-06-07

Check list scanned: 2015-06-10

Sent to Supervisor 49 days after scanned: 2015-07-28

Case Complete 7 days after it went to Supervisor: 2015-08-05

Interview Appointment Letter from NVC: 2015-13-10

Case shows as READY 2015-10-19

Medical done: 2015-16-11

Interview Date: 2015-11-18

APPROVED....GOD IS GREAT!!!!! PRAISE THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY! :goofy:

Case changed from "Ready" to "AP" on 19th, then to "Issued" on 22nd

Visa was ready for pick up November 3rd in the afternoon

VISA IN HAND! THANK YOU GOD!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Politicians can not impact AP.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Honestly, and I don't want to offend the OP but... Given what just happened in San Bernadino California would it surprise you if the word went out to all of the consulates to give anyone of middle eastern background extra scrutiny? It sucks but sometimes people are unfairly targeted for extra inspection. With all of the talk about the K-1 visa lately I would not be surprised if all spousal visas were not being reviewed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

We were in AP for 6 months. Husband is from Syria but was applying through Jordan. Not unusual.

You can write your Senator/Representative to ask for a congressional inquiry. I requested one around the 5 month mark and got notice that they had completed the review on the same day that hubby arrived in the US. Not sure if their inquiry helped move things along or if the case had already been approved by the time they completed it, but it can't hurt.

K1 Fiance Visa Process
3/30/2011: I-129F sent
4/5/2011: NOA1 received from VSC
7/11/2011: consular services in Damascus suspended
8/3/2011: NOA2 received online via USCIS website
8/5/2011: NOA2 hard copy received
8/8/2011: transfer requests sent to Beirut, Ankara and Amman consulates
8/12/2011: NVC received case
8/21/2011: transfer request approved by Amman
8/23/2011: NVC approved case transfer, new case # assigned
8/25/2011: case mailed to consulate from NVC
9/4/2011: received by Amman consulate, Packet 3 received via email, interview scheduled
9/25/2011: INTERVIEW! Result: Request for further information
10/11/2011: Additional information sent
11/14/2011: Case placed into Mandatory Administrative Processing
3/20/2012: Embassy request for updated police certificate, civil record and medical exam
4/22/2012: Requested documents sent to Embassy
5/8/2012: VISA IN HAND!!!

Total time from petition to approval: 58 weeks
Total time in AP: 25 weeks

6/17/2012: POE @ JFK Airport
7/14/2012: Married in Rochester, NY (L)(L)

Adjustment of Status & Employment Authorization

9/24/2012: I-485 and I-765 sent, filed jointly

9/27/2012: NOA1 for I-485 and I-765 received from NBC

11/5/2012: Biometrics Appointment at Buffalo Field Office

12/14/2012: I-765 Employment Authorization Received (11 weeks from petition to receipt)

7/29/2013: Welcome Letter / Green Card notification received without interview (10 months from NOA1)

Removal of Conditions

6/30/2015: I-751 sent to VSC

7/10/2015: NOA 1 for I-751

8/6/2015: Biometrics Appointment at Buffalo Field Office
Thank God things moved along pretty well and I could stop keeping track of dates for a while...

N-400

2/13/2017: CITIZENSHIP CEREMONY

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Still waiting also at almost 4 months, its not unusual. I did see a case recently issued that was about 10 days later than mine and it was approved Nov 30th, so I have hope still they are working on my husbands. They only reason I knew about this case was because I missed typed a number in the CEAC website.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I hope the congressional inquiries would do something

Be careful what you wish for.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Slovakia
Timeline

It has been almost 4 month since I been under administrative processing? What's going on with Cairo embessy

Did they put you on AP on CEAC also ? when you check your CEAC status does it show administrative processing or ready? because if its AP its more than just your pictures that they want to check

Every time I check it says administrative processing and the last time updated when they recived pctures in September 8. They updates 8,9,10,11,13,14 and since then it's September 14th. I think becuse of my wife birth certificate. I sent the organil birth certificate to NVC in 2011, and it was miss spelled my wife last name by 3 letters . I tried to Chang it but it was hard because of the war going on in Yemen, so I made another birth certificate according to the passport. So I think that's the delays.

Edited by Fahmi

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Slovakia
Timeline

Every time I check it says administrative processing and the last time updated when they recived pctures in September 8. They updates 8,9,10,11,13,14 and since then it's September 14th. I think becuse of my wife birth certificate. I sent the organil birth certificate to NVC in 2011, and it was miss spelled my wife last name by 3 letters . I tried to Chang it but it was hard because of the war going on in Yemen, so I made another birth certificate according to the passport. So I think that's the delays.

yes that might be a delay. well wish you luck to be out of AP soon! we have been in AP for two months now, but no AP on ceac so there was no backround/name check or anything like that , but us consular officer wanted to check all documents that we provided.. so hopefully we will all be out of it asap!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Be careful what you wish for.

Hi Boiler:

Can you please be more specific. It seems you have knowledge about it. It's true than a congressional inquiry has done nothing in my case. but is a choice that we have when we are looking for answers. I Understand security is important, however it's unacceptable that in today's technology with so many hackers out there knowing more about our life than ourself. The government takes so much time to do an investigation. We have our life on hold because of this waiting. we are having days and nights without our love ones. life is passing and the most valuable thing that we have is time. We can not buy this wasted time back. and it's really painful when you don't have any answer or at least an estimated "real" waiting time.
So, please if you would like to share any information will be highly appreciated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.