Fahmi

Administration processing Cairo Egypt

69 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It has been almost 4 month since I been under administrative processing? What's going on with Cairo embessy

You're from Yemen and interviewed in Cairo? That probably has alot to do with it. Your country of origin. Extra scrutiny you know.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yeah . But it's almost 4 months

That' not unusual given Yemen doesn't have real good records. AP can last weeks to months to years.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It i not the Embassy that carries out these checks.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello Fahmi:

Unfortunately, administrative processing is a real black hole, my husband has been under AP in Montreal for 7 months. the consulate never requested an additional document. he's a Canadian citizen but was born in Cuba. it's unknown the time this could last, we feel very frustrated and sad. every couple of weeks I send an email to consulate, also went to my congressman's office for help. the response has always been the same. " Still on AP we will notify you when the process is over". My father in law is also an american citizen and is extremely ill, we notified the consulate and they said there's nothing to do to expedite the process. Be patience, I know is hard.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello Fahmi:

Unfortunately, administrative processing is a real black hole, my husband has been under AP in Montreal for 7 months. the consulate never requested an additional document. he's a Canadian citizen but was born in Cuba. it's unknown the time this could last, we feel very frustrated and sad. every couple of weeks I send an email to consulate, also went to my congressman's office for help. the response has always been the same. " Still on AP we will notify you when the process is over". My father in law is also an american citizen and is extremely ill, we notified the consulate and they said there's nothing to do to expedite the process. Be patience, I know is har

Don't really get it if at the interview they you are approved and don't request any additional documents why it takes so long.

For the original poster, did you get a 221g form after the interview or did they request additional documentation?

Timeline

Background checks.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Don't really get it if at the interview they you are approved and don't request any additional documents why it takes so long.

For the original poster, did you get a 221g form after the interview or did they request additional documentation?

The consular Officer told him " Everything looks fine, you need to wait 2 or 3 weeks" and gave my husband a 221g. She (was a female officer) never requested any additional document as I mentioned the interview was really quick and smooth. my attorney told me that even before the interview it was predetermined the Administrative processing. because he was born in Cuba (a communist country) even though my husband has been Canadian citizen for more than 12 years and has been here in US many times visiting. but we never thought the waiting was so long. All his records from Canada and Cuba are clean.

Edited by Idy Fdez

Timeline

The consular Officer told him " Everything looks fine, you need to wait 2 or 3 weeks" and gave my husband a 221g. She (was a female officer) never requested any additional document as I mentioned the interview was really quick and smooth. my attorney told me that even before the interview it was predetermined the Administrative processing. because he was born in Cuba (a communist country) even though my husband has been Canadian citizen for more than 12 years and has been here in US many times visiting. but we never thought the waiting was so long. All his records from Canada and Cuba are clean.

So they mention a time and then they exceed it by many months, that is crazy. What is bad is that you have been reminding them at regular intervals.

I can't think as to why it could be so long. I thought the whole purpose of the I-130 was for them to do background checks. Who knows what is going on there at the Embassy.

Timeline

. I thought the whole purpose of the I-130 was for them to do background checks. Who knows what is going on there at the Embassy.

That is where you are going wrong, nothing at all to do with the I 130.

And as I said not an Embassy issue.

Timeline

That is where you are going wrong, nothing at all to do with the I 130.

And as I said not an Embassy issue.

I note the fallacy of what I wrote about the purpose of the I-130. I looked at the website and took note of the purpose of the I-130, to demonstrate relationship of the petitioner to the applicant.

http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/about/speeches-testimonies/flight-253-learning-lessons-from-an-averted-tragedy.html: In addition, the Department of State's Security Advisory Opinion (SAO) mechanism provides officers with the necessary advice and background information to adjudicate these cases of visa applicants with possible terrorism ineligibilities. Consular officers receive extensive training on the SAO process, including namechecking courses that assist in identifying applicants requiring additional Washington vetting. The SAO process requires the consular officer to suspend visa processing pending interagency review of the case and additional guidance. Most SAOs are triggered by clear and objective circumstances, such as nationality, place of birth, residence or visa name check results. In addition, in cases where reasonable grounds exist, regardless of name check results, to suspect that an applicant may be inadmissible under the security provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act, consular officers suspend processing and institute SAO procedures.

Consular officers are trained to take all necessary steps to protect the United States and its citizens during the course of making a decision on a visa application. Visa applicants are screened against DHS and FBI name-based and biometric databases as well as the 27 million names in our own CLASS database. Visas cannot be issued without further review of any applicant in the Terrorist Screening Database. Applicants are also screened against our large and ever-growing facial recognition database.

Boiler, am I to understand that you are saying that the people working at the Embassy does not carry out security checks?

The CO handed my wife 221g asking for weeding photos to prove that she is my wife, I sent them the next day and they update the file 4 times to September 14 and since then nothing happens it's reaching 4 months

Timeline

The CO handed my wife 221g asking for weeding photos to prove that she is my wife, I sent them the next day and they update the file 4 times to September 14 and since then nothing happens it's reaching 4 months

That is crazy. We are experiencing something similar albeit not as long as your case. If they ask for something and you give it to them, what is the problem. Did they inform you that there would be this additional processing even after you turn in the pictures.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.