waiting4areason

Passport Pick up question and POE

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hello all,

when picking up passport after interview for K1, will my fiance receive a package as well with it?? I see everyone talk about picking up passport but not sure about receiving a envelope as well for immigration.

Also, which POE airport would be easier : FLL or Miami airport??

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)

Do not open the package you received with your passport. Your fiance will give that package unopened to the immigration officer at their POE.

Our K1 journey Our AOS journey

Sep 30, 2015 - I-129F Petition sent May 17, 2016 - Petition sent (I-485, I-131, I-765)
Oct 08, 2015 - Check cashed May 20, 2016 - Petition received
Oct 08, 2015 - NOA1 Notification May 24, 2016 - NOA1 notification
Oct 13, 2015 - NOA1 hard copy May 28, 2016 - NOA1 Hard copy
Nov 09, 2015 - NOA2 ​ :dancing: June 18, 2016 - Biometrics letter recieved
Nov 19, 2015 - NVC received June 30, 2016 - Biometrics appointment
Nov 19, 2015 - Case number assigned Aug 11, 2016 - AP Approved (Day 87)
Nov 23, 2015 - In transit Aug 11, 2016 - EAD Approved (Day 87)
Nov 25, 2015 - Embassy received
Dec 04, 2015 - Packet 3 Received
Dec 07, 2015 - Documents sent
Jan 06, 2016 - Interview letter received
Jan 28, 2016 - Interview :dancing:
Mar 11, 2016 - Issued :dancing::dancing:
Apr 09, 2016 - POE

Apr xx, 2016 - Got SSN
May 02, 2016 - Marriage

May xx, 2016 - State ID and driving permit

u4vHp5.png

Timeline

Yes you get a package along with passport your fiance will need to print to pick up notice and take it to with him.

09-24-2014: I-129F sent

09-25-2014: NOA1 email text

09-29-2014: NOA1 hard copy

04-02-2015: NOA2 email/Txt

04-03-2015: Sent to NVC

04-07-2015: NOA hardcopy received

04-10-2015: NVC received

04-13-2015: Case # assigned

04-15-2015: In Transit

04-21-2015: Ready Embassy

04-27-2015: Packet 3 RCV

04-28-2015: Medical

05-11-2015: Interview

05-16-2015 Visa in hand

05-17-2015 POE FLL

07-18-2015 Married Courts

10-10-2015 Big Wedding

11-07-2015 AOS Mailed

11-09-2015 Package Delivered

11-12-2015 Received Email and text

11-13-2015 Two more Conf# email and text

11-19-2015 Received NOA1 in the mail

12-04-2015 Received Biometric Letter

12-04-2015 RFE

12-11-2015 Biometric walk-in completed

12-21-2015 RFE Mailed overnight

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

As the others stated above, they will pick up their passport and the K-1 visa envelope at the same time as directed by the USTraveldocs.com. As for POE, you can look at the Reviews: Embassy/USCIS & POE tab at the top of this site - click on POE. My husband has flown to the USA 3 times alone since getting his K-1 visa: twice into Miami and once into Fort Lauderdale. The time into Fort Lauderdale was his last trip but he thought both airports were not very challenging. He did have to ask for directions the first time in Miami and this time in Fort Lauderdale he had questions because it has separate buildings for terminals. Which airport are you more familiar with? It really comes down to you being able to give instructions ahead of time for getting through the airport and be sure to give them a longer layover than you would need to go through customs.

K-1 from Haiti - NOA1: 5/27/2014; NOA2: 7/8 USCIS never updated to say that it was sent to the NVC (just in case you're as concerned about your status not updating as I was about mine)
NVC Case Number Received: 7/31; Left NVC: 8/1 - tracked via DHL website; CEAC Status - Ready: 8/7; Packet 3 Received: 9/5 - Beneficiary received packet / Medical Completed: 9/19;
DS-160 Submitted: 9/22 - (CEAC date updated); Packet 3 Submitted: 9/26; Packet 4 Received: 10/24; Interview Date: 11/6 @ 7 am Interview Result: Approved!
CEAC Status Issued: 11/10; USTraveldocs.com finally acknowledged Fiance's passport actually in their system: 11/20; Passport Received: 11/21;

POE: 11/23/2014; Wedding: 2/14/2015

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: 2/21/2015;

USCIS EAD & AP received: 2/25; USCIS AOS received: 2/27; Received NOA1s in mail: 3/5; Biometrics: 3/26; EAD/AP Card in Production: 5/11; EAD/AP Card Mailed: 5/1; EAD/AP Card Received 5/19; NPIW Letter dated: 6/11/15; Green card Approved: 10/1/15;

Green card Received: 10/7/15

Timeline

Thank you for all the feedback guys. I hope it's ready fast and he knows not to open the package before :)

As the others stated above, they will pick up their passport and the K-1 visa envelope at the same time as directed by the USTraveldocs.com. As for POE, you can look at the Reviews: Embassy/USCIS & POE tab at the top of this site - click on POE. My husband has flown to the USA 3 times alone since getting his K-1 visa: twice into Miami and once into Fort Lauderdale. The time into Fort Lauderdale was his last trip but he thought both airports were not very challenging. He did have to ask for directions the first time in Miami and this time in Fort Lauderdale he had questions because it has separate buildings for terminals. Which airport are you more familiar with? It really comes down to you being able to give instructions ahead of time for getting through the airport and be sure to give them a longer layover than you would need to go through customs.

Thanks that helps a lot :) FLL is smaller and thus easier I think but either way he's smart lol so as long as directions are followed he should be good, right? :D

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

That is totally true. I had never flown through Fort Lauderdale otherwise that's probably where I would have sent him the first trip. We have a friend moving to PA next week for school and his host mom bought him a ticket sending him through Miami to Charlotte with only a 3 hour layover in Miami. I'm kind of nervous for him as it's his first trip and there's not much time for mistakes. When is your fiancé coming?

K-1 from Haiti - NOA1: 5/27/2014; NOA2: 7/8 USCIS never updated to say that it was sent to the NVC (just in case you're as concerned about your status not updating as I was about mine)
NVC Case Number Received: 7/31; Left NVC: 8/1 - tracked via DHL website; CEAC Status - Ready: 8/7; Packet 3 Received: 9/5 - Beneficiary received packet / Medical Completed: 9/19;
DS-160 Submitted: 9/22 - (CEAC date updated); Packet 3 Submitted: 9/26; Packet 4 Received: 10/24; Interview Date: 11/6 @ 7 am Interview Result: Approved!
CEAC Status Issued: 11/10; USTraveldocs.com finally acknowledged Fiance's passport actually in their system: 11/20; Passport Received: 11/21;

POE: 11/23/2014; Wedding: 2/14/2015

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: 2/21/2015;

USCIS EAD & AP received: 2/25; USCIS AOS received: 2/27; Received NOA1s in mail: 3/5; Biometrics: 3/26; EAD/AP Card in Production: 5/11; EAD/AP Card Mailed: 5/1; EAD/AP Card Received 5/19; NPIW Letter dated: 6/11/15; Green card Approved: 10/1/15;

Green card Received: 10/7/15

Timeline

That is totally true. I had never flown through Fort Lauderdale otherwise that's probably where I would have sent him the first trip. We have a friend moving to PA next week for school and his host mom bought him a ticket sending him through Miami to Charlotte with only a 3 hour layover in Miami. I'm kind of nervous for him as it's his first trip and there's not much time for mistakes. When is your fiancé coming?

We are still waiting for his visa and passport to be ready to be picked up. Hopefully soon. Surprisingly the Miami airport got a lot better so he should be good because Christmas break is a few weeks away so it won't be as packed. If it was during Christmas break it would not be enough because it gets crazy at time. He needs to ask for directions so he doesn't waste time looking for gates and all.

Timeline

This question may have been asked before but AP normal after approval?? how long does it last ? Also how do I check fiance's passport status on UStraveldocs. I tried and it said "no records for the passport entered" Anyone knows?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Caribbean Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is country-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

We are still waiting for his visa and passport to be ready to be picked up. Hopefully soon. Surprisingly the Miami airport got a lot better so he should be good because Christmas break is a few weeks away so it won't be as packed. If it was during Christmas break it would not be enough because it gets crazy at time. He needs to ask for directions so he doesn't waste time looking for gates and all.

FLL is better, in my opinion. I love FLL, in Miami person walk too much to get to the passport check.

Timeline

This question may have been asked before but AP normal after approval?? how long does it last ? Also how do I check fiance's passport status on UStraveldocs. I tried and it said "no records for the passport entered" Anyone knows?

Child, you just have to wait cause ive been waiting on my passport since October. My interview was Oct 7 and till now my CEAC still says Ready and nothing on Ustravel.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello waiting4areason,

Have your status been change to issue/rpint yet? any upate? i'm in the same situation as you and I check this morning still in AP. :(

Hi deevee,

ours was in AP for just a few hours then it was issues the same day. When was you interview, I'm sure it won't be much longer before you get the passport :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.