tigersjaw

Second AOS scenario for my husband

58 posts in this topic

Never said it didn't. Never said you were giving bad advice either. Simply expanded on said advice with more information.

More information is never bad.

I don't read much around here anymore. We use to say "every case is different". Is that advice still given?

I hope so.

No harm in having a consultation, I doubt anything will come up not covered here.

No harm at all.

Can't say what will come up. Not in the room.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It does not seem a TOS issue to post incorrect information, would much prefer the Mods focussed on that.

All we can do is correct misinformation when we see it.

Now not that relevant to the OP but somebody who say entered on a B might read this thread and think it applied to them.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

It does not seem a TOS issue to post incorrect information, would much prefer the Mods focussed on that.

All we can do is correct misinformation when we see it.

Now not that relevant to the OP but somebody who say entered on a B might read this thread and think it applied to them.

Well, if they entered on a B, I'm going to presume their reading comprehension skills are up to speed. And they will get the bit about having entered as a visitor.

Not sure why the TOS comes into the discussion. I think the TOS firmly states that nothing read on here should be construed as legal advice. I think there is also a disclaimer that if one has questions about their case, they should seek the help of an immigration lawyer. Probably in the fine print, but it's there nonetheless.

Timeline

Well, if they entered on a B, I'm going to presume their reading comprehension skills are up to speed. And they will get the bit about having entered as a visitor.

Using a B...

That is the point

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I don't type out stuff just to prove points. I'm too busy for that.

I'm not a legal expert on immigration. I'm a lay person with a bunch of experience. Same as you.

If I'm going to recommend professional help, I'm going to tell the reader how to get the best help. Not all lawyers are qualified to help.

I've seen your other posts in other threads.

You do type out stuff to prove your points even when not relevant. Seems like you are not too busy to do that.

I've seen your other posts in other threads.

You do type out stuff to prove your points even when not relevant. Seems like you are not too busy to do that.

I try to give reasoning behind my writings. I'm sorry it that seems odd to you.

Using a B...

That is the point

So your advice would be the OP can move safely forward without legal advice?

Timeline

So your advice would be the OP can move safely forward without legal advice?

I did the process without involving a lawyer, I believe most on here do.

I would never tell someone else what they should do, well I have seen horror situations where it is pretty clear a Lawyer is essential.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Nothing I haven't mentioned. So put simply, my husband will need to mention her on the I 864 he fills out for me?

Unless she is now a US Citizen, she will be "mentioned" on the I-864 only as a "1" in the box after the question about people previously sponsored, who are now Lawful Permanent Residents.

Much about her will be "mentioned" on both the I-130 and G325a forms. The person making the ultimate decision on your status adjustment, will know all about any previous marriages or immigration processes involving each of you. I don't see this as worrisome, in your case.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Unless she is now a US Citizen, she will be "mentioned" on the I-864 only as a "1" in the box after the question about people previously sponsored, who are now Lawful Permanent Residents.

Much about her will be "mentioned" on both the I-130 and G325a forms. The person making the ultimate decision on your status adjustment, will know all about any previous marriages or immigration processes involving each of you. I don't see this as worrisome, in your case.

She is currently removing conditions.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

She is currently removing conditions.

Conditional or not, she is a resident. The distinction makes no difference in this context.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 4 weeks later...

Just for clarification, if our case is denied are we able to refile? Not appeal, but start over?

Thank you.

Yes.

However that that point you may be put into removal proceedings which is more difficult to deal with.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.