twacha

deportation

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

The visa is no good as soon as you entered the US. You need to go by the date on your I-94. You are given 90 days from your entry into the US. After those 90 days if you are still in the US and have not file for AOS you are out of status and subject to deportation.

If the date on your I-94 has not passed and you have not committed any major crime your ex-fiance can do nothing to have you deported. If you do not marry then you have no way to obtain a green card without leaving the US.

Did you do something unlawful to give her reason to call the cops? If not, then no.

Everyone has the right to call the cops, but she can't threaten to call the cops just because your visa is expiring - the USCIS will be responsible for the deportation process. And even if your visa expires the USCIS will not kick you out immediately - they will initiate your deportation proceedings, and you'll have a process to follow and a timeline to go back to your home country.

Personal Timeline

N400 JOURNEY

2015/05/02 - sent N-400 packet to USCIS [Day 0] (Saturday mail)

2015/05/12 - check cashed [Day 10]
2015/05/15 - I-797C NOA received [Day 13]

2015/06/01 - biometrics appointment [Day 29]

2015/09/10 - interview appointment [Day 131] - pending N-14 add'l evidence req'd

2015/11/17 - oath taking [Day 169]

GC/ROC JOURNEY

(In essence of keeping my signature short, please check my Timeline)

AOS JOURNEY

(In essence of keeping my signature short, please check my Timeline)

Conceivably your fiancé could contact uscis and ice to inform them once the 90 days are up that you two didn't get married in the 90 days after you arrived. Marrying within the 90 days being a requirement of the K1 visa. Whether or not they would take action on it is another matter.

As others have pointed out as a K1 entrant you do not have any option to adjust status with anyone else and personally if I was in this situation I would leave the US so as not to accrue any unauthorized presence once my 90 days were up.

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

She could withdraw support for the application. But that would really not have a material effect on the situation since you only have a month left.

If your ex-fiance will not marry you, it is in your best interests to leave the country before the I-94 expires. Overstaying could poison any future opportunities you might have to visit / emigrate to the USA.

thank you everybody i really appreciate all answers, i asked bcoz i told her i want to go visit a friend in other city but she told me i will call the cops to deported you now , your my responsibility and you will stay here until i get a flight ticket

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.