usernamebilly

I-751 November 2015 Filers

522 posts in this topic

Congratulations on the latest approval!,

We, on the other end, are still playing the waiting game and currently very worried.. my DL is expiring this next 3/17 and without a non-expired GC or valid extension letter i cannot renew it (or is there any other way?).

Today at least we were finally able to find a spot for InfoPass for 3/15.

1. Do you guys have any suggestions on what to bring? I read you should basically carry everything that we initially mailed with you + ID, SS and foreign passport.
  2. This will be our first time with an InfoPass, does it makes your case expedited or can you get approved right there (like an interview)? or is it just to get an extension letter?
  3. Do they give you the extension letter right there or you just get a stamp on your passport?

Sorry for all the questions, i want to be as much prepared as possible and my expectations cleared.

Thank you all!

6 minutes ago, KLTEAM said:

Congratulations on the latest approval!,

We, on the other end, are still playing the waiting game and currently very worried.. my DL is expiring this next 3/17 and without a non-expired GC or valid extension letter i cannot renew it (or is there any other way?).

Today at least we were finally able to find a spot for InfoPass for 3/15.

1. Do you guys have any suggestions on what to bring? I read you should basically carry everything that we initially mailed with you + ID, SS and foreign passport.
  2. This will be our first time with an InfoPass, does it makes your case expedited or can you get approved right there (like an interview)? or is it just to get an extension letter?
  3. Do they give you the extension letter right there or you just get a stamp on your passport?

Sorry for all the questions, i want to be as much prepared as possible and my expectations cleared.

Thank you all!

1- Take passport, green card, and NOA (that's what I took).

2- They can put in a service request for you. You should contact your congressman as well as the Department of Homeland Security Ombudsman office. They help with cases like yours.

3- They will stamp your passport and take your green card.

Naturalization

Day 000 - 12/28/2023 Package Filed

Day 000 - 12/28/2023 Biometrics Reused

Day 038 - 02/03/2024 Interview Notice

Day 085 - 03/21/2024 N-400 Interview

Day 085 - 03/21/2024 Oath Scheduled

Day 117 - 04/22/2024 Oath Ceremony

ROC 

Day 000 - 10/04/2021 Package mailed

Day 002 - 10/06/2021 Package arrived at Phoenix PO Box

Day 002 - 10/06/2021 NOA1 Date

Day 004 - 10/08/2021 Credit card charged

Day 012 - 10/16/2021 NOA1 Received

Day 016 - 10/20/2021 Notification that biometrics were waived

Day 035 - 11/08/2021 Biometrics waived NOA received

Day 696 - 08/31/2023 NOA Approval Received

Day 702 - 09/06/2023 Green card in hand

AOS 

Day 000 - 04/08/2019 Package mailed

Day 001 - 04/09/2019 Packaged delivered to Chicago Lockbox via Fedex

Day 010 - 04/17/2019 Check cashed

Day 035 - 05/12/2019 NOA1 received in the mail

Day 047 - 05/24/2019 Biometrics notice received in the mail for 06/05/2019

Day 051 - 05/28/2019 Biometrics - Early walk-in

Day 119 - 08/02/2019 InfoPass to apply for Emergency AP (Approved)

Day 120 - 08/03/2019 EAD Card in production

Day 179 - 10/03/2019 Interview Notice

Day 213 - 11/06/2019 Interview 

Day 219 - 11/12/2019 I-130 & I-485 Approval Notice Received (Approved 11/06/2019)

Day 220 - 11/13/2019 Email Notification (Card was mailed)

Day 221 - 11/14/2019 Green card in hand

Take your passport, NOA and GC. Keep in mind that the agent cannot do anything more than advise you of your status and give you an extension.  No interview, no GC approval.... Nada

We are a Dec 15 filer and still waiting and have had two Info pass meetings to no avail.

They can stamp your passport with a 551 stamp for another year extension. You will surrender your GC for that to happen.  Once you get the stamp that is your extension and can be used for DL renewal. You will need to carry around your passport instead of your GC as you have surrendered and received the 551 stamp in its place.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2017 at 5:48 AM, Greenbaum said:

Take your passport, NOA and GC. Keep in mind that the agent cannot do anything more than advise you of your status and give you an extension.  No interview, no GC approval.... Nada

We are a Dec 15 filer and still waiting and have had two Info pass meetings to no avail.

They can stamp your passport with a 551 stamp for another year extension. You will surrender your GC for that to happen.  Once you get the stamp that is your extension and can be used for DL renewal. You will need to carry around your passport instead of your GC as you have surrendered and received the 551 stamp in its place.

On 3/1/2017 at 9:37 PM, march16filer said:

1- Take passport, green card, and NOA (that's what I took).

2- They can put in a service request for you. You should contact your congressman as well as the Department of Homeland Security Ombudsman office. They help with cases like yours.

3- They will stamp your passport and take your green card.

Thank you both!,

Quick update: So we were hit by a snow storm and my appointment got cancelled, but i was quickly able to grab one timeslot for today.

I took all my documents as you guys suggested and they actually didnt ask or take my GC. My passport was stamped with i-551 and with it was able to quickly renew my license that was expiring tomorrow.

Now as far as the case the agent just told us that my case is getting ready to be reviewed (essentially nothing done yet... it looks like my case is assigned to a sloth, heh)

I will try march16filer 2nd advise with a service request and advise to contact our congressman, lets see what happens.

Thank you all for your support, i hope no one else or at least not many people are still in the waiting game as we are.

Your almost there. At l east you were able to get your extension and your license renewed. Keep the faith your almost there.

Ours went to print. Should be in the mail soon.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

15 hours ago, KLTEAM said:

Thank you both!,

Quick update: So we were hit by a snow storm and my appointment got cancelled, but i was quickly able to grab one timeslot for today.

I took all my documents as you guys suggested and they actually didnt ask or take my GC. My passport was stamped with i-551 and with it was able to quickly renew my license that was expiring tomorrow.

Now as far as the case the agent just told us that my case is getting ready to be reviewed (essentially nothing done yet... it looks like my case is assigned to a sloth, heh)

I will try march16filer 2nd advise with a service request and advise to contact our congressman, lets see what happens.

Thank you all for your support, i hope no one else or at least not many people are still in the waiting game as we are.

Please keep us posted on your progress. I'm a February 2016 filer and submitted an ombudsman request a week ago. No word so far. Hopefully, they will help expedite this process!

1 hour ago, ToRo said:

Please keep us posted on your progress. I'm a February 2016 filer and submitted an ombudsman request a week ago. No word so far. Hopefully, they will help expedite this process!

This government is about waiting for you to get approved. It's nothing but a game hurry up and file your documents then wait forever 

I filled for removal of conditions on my Green card in Nov' 2015, I was expecting approval in May 2016 but OMG! I called them so many times, same generic bullshit answers. No matter what I said they knew nothing. The problem was "security checks". Finally my approval came yesterday (card being produced updated online) no RFE nothing! and I am a California Service Center filer. Almost 18 months! I held out on filing the N400. Going to do that this week. Any pointers? Anywhere I can look what documents to submit along?

I am November 2015 filler, and still waiting for it too..What they are doing to us is not nice, some of the people who filed in march 2016 got their cards already.They should be fair to everyone since I haven't had any illegal issues or crime going on.No reason why we are waiting. This process made me so worried, tired and upset. I just wanted to share my situation so that way people like me can feel more comfortable hearing that they are not alone.

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2017 at 6:00 PM, Greenbaum said:

Your almost there. At l east you were able to get your extension and your license renewed. Keep the faith your almost there.

Ours went to print. Should be in the mail soon.

On 3/18/2017 at 3:51 AM, tony87k said:

I filled for removal of conditions on my Green card in Nov' 2015, I was expecting approval in May 2016 but OMG! I called them so many times, same generic bullshit answers. No matter what I said they knew nothing. The problem was "security checks". Finally my approval came yesterday (card being produced updated online) no RFE nothing! and I am a California Service Center filer. Almost 18 months! I held out on filing the N400. Going to do that this week. Any pointers? Anywhere I can look what documents to submit along?

On 3/18/2017 at 11:46 AM, ayss said:

I am November 2015 filler, and still waiting for it too..What they are doing to us is not nice, some of the people who filed in march 2016 got their cards already.They should be fair to everyone since I haven't had any illegal issues or crime going on.No reason why we are waiting. This process made me so worried, tired and upset. I just wanted to share my situation so that way people like me can feel more comfortable hearing that they are not alone.

Hello All,

I can finally say that my case suddenly changed to "Card/Document Production" this last Friday, curiously enough we received 2 letters the same day. First one dated 5/06 saying that my case has been picked up for security check and that they did not need my Fingerprint since they see an old one on file and of course to wait... Second letter dated 5/08 basically stating that my case has been approved and that they will starting the document/card production.

At this time i will continue to fill out and apply for Naturalization since i have been holding off on it due to the uncertainty we have been experiencing.

Thank you all for the kind words of support, really appreciate it.

See you all in the next chapter!

KLTEAM!

Edited by KLTEAM

24 minutes ago, KLTEAM said:

Hello All,

I can finally say that my case suddenly changed to "Card/Document Production" this last Friday, curiously enough we received 2 letters the same day. First one dated 5/06 saying that my case has been picked up for security check and that they did not need my Fingerprint since they see an old one on file and of course to wait... Second letter dated 5/08 basically stating that my case has been approved and that they will starting the document/card production.

At this time i will continue to fill out and apply for Naturalization since i have been holding off on it due to the uncertainty we have been experiencing.

Thank you all for the kind words of support, really appreciate it.

See you all in the next chapter!

KLTEAM!

Congratulations. Your path to your perm GC has been long and filled with disappointment, but today you have the words you have been waiting for.  Don't ever give up. Now go get your citizenship so you can get off this roller coaster. All the best to you.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.