usernamebilly

I-751 November 2015 Filers

522 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: France
Timeline
35 minutes ago, allajustin said:

Today was a phone call to USCIS day....called once-1st tier has transferred to 2nd tier...and there the waiting time was 183 minutes. Taking into account that I was at work, there was no chance I would hold that long, requested a call back and surprisingly a rep called my by 6 pm only to let me know that my case is NOT going to be pronounced on any time soon. The reason he gave me was-there are too many cases and much less employees to handle those cases. There are no infopass appointments available with my field office within next 2-3 weeks.  It appears you can make an infopass ONLY online via website, I tried to make on over the phone - and customer service has informed me that he was unable to help with this. Oh well....

Try to connect to USCIS website just after midnight (12am to 1am maybe), this is how i got mine (NYC).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline
On 1/27/2017 at 6:57 PM, kikoololmdr1402 said:

Try to connect to USCIS website just after midnight (12am to 1am maybe), this is how i got mine (NYC).

What day of the week did you try to get an infopass appointment? I am trying all weekend (12 am, 4 am, no appointments available), is this just a weekend issue?

On 1/15/2017 at 10:19 AM, Dembele said:

Hi KLTEAM, I'm in the same situation as you, and I think there are a couple of other November filers on here still waiting without any communication since biometrics too.

For InfoPath, I never had trouble with it because my city is well stacked with agents, but it varies by location. Other members of the site have recommended checking the InfoPath site at midnight as that's when they refresh available slots.

Good luck, and please keep in touch with your progress!

On 1/16/2017 at 10:40 PM, Cybery said:

I have been waiting for 17 months now.So you are not the only one.It is very frustrating.Good luck to you.

Thanks guys for your help.

I got a response to the case I created online. Stating that they checked my case and "it is not yet ready for decision, as the required security checks remain pending". And basically ends saying to wait and if I don't receive a decision or other notice within next 6 month's to contact them by calling the CS number.

The waiting game is just getting tougher...

Good luck to all.

Edited by KLTEAM

Timeline
3 hours ago, KLTEAM said:

Thanks guys for your help.

I got a response to the case I created online. Stating that they checked my case and "it is not yet ready for decision, as the required security checks remain pending". And basically ends saying to wait and if I don't receive a decision or other notice within next 6 month's to contact them by calling the CS number.

The waiting game is just getting tougher...

Good luck to all.

I also created an e-request a few weeks ago, no response for now. Are you eligible to apply for citizenship? If so, in the 6 month time, while waiting on lifting conditions, one can easily become a citizen (unless the rules of the game change in the meanwhile under present government).

Timeline

Here is an update on my case: last Friday was a "call the USCIS" day, tier 1...tier 2...then tier 1 again (which took all day as the wait to tier 2 was 187 minutes, you can imagine).  Tier 2 was a snob...explained to me in "my country language" as he told :"as you are from WV", there were too many cases and too few employees.  Then I started arguing that there are no infopass appointments available, I cannot get my stamp and my driving licenses is expiring in a few days and my employer is on the verge...Then, he, liar, stated: your case is NOT going to be pronounced on any time soon and you should have got your stamp back in November. I asked: are you sure my case is NOT going to be pronounced anytime soon, and he confirmed twice (I should have recorded this).

After no sleep night of checking the USCIS website for available infopass appointment to get my I-551 stamp, at 5 am I finally got one spot two weeks away in my local office. Went to work with fear only to receive an e-mail from USCIS (a response from my e-request) that my case was approved on Friday (the same day I was calling the USCIS) and the snob telling me there is no chance anytime soon.

My lesson: call, e-request, USCIS as much as you can, because there is evidence my call triggered my case approval (as a few other cases here), they obviously think if you don't call or contact them, you are in no rush and keep delaying as much as they can.

So, approval date: January, 27th for us.

On 1/29/2017 at 5:42 PM, allajustin said:

I also created an e-request a few weeks ago, no response for now. Are you eligible to apply for citizenship? If so, in the 6 month time, while waiting on lifting conditions, one can easily become a citizen (unless the rules of the game change in the meanwhile under present government).

39 minutes ago, allajustin said:

Here is an update on my case: last Friday was a "call the USCIS" day, tier 1...tier 2...then tier 1 again (which took all day as the wait to tier 2 was 187 minutes, you can imagine).  Tier 2 was a snob...explained to me in "my country language" as he told :"as you are from WV", there were too many cases and too few employees.  Then I started arguing that there are no infopass appointments available, I cannot get my stamp and my driving licenses is expiring in a few days and my employer is on the verge...Then, he, liar, stated: your case is NOT going to be pronounced on any time soon and you should have got your stamp back in November. I asked: are you sure my case is NOT going to be pronounced anytime soon, and he confirmed twice (I should have recorded this).

After no sleep night of checking the USCIS website for available infopass appointment to get my I-551 stamp, at 5 am I finally got one spot two weeks away in my local office. Went to work with fear only to receive an e-mail from USCIS (a response from my e-request) that my case was approved on Friday (the same day I was calling the USCIS) and the snob telling me there is no chance anytime soon.

My lesson: call, e-request, USCIS as much as you can, because there is evidence my call triggered my case approval (as a few other cases here), they obviously think if you don't call or contact them, you are in no rush and keep delaying as much as they can.

So, approval date: January, 27th for us.

Congratulations!!! I will try to call them and see if I have the same luck 

Filed: Timeline

I am very excited to say that my wife found a letter in the mail from USCIS today saying that my removal of conditions has been approved. My initial NOA was November 17th 2015, I received no RFE or interview request, and the letter was dated January 30th 2017. The website has not updated my status yet.

I wish everyone who is waiting the best of luck. You don't want to hear it from me now, but when you get the approval to stay with your partner and to stay in the country it is a wonderful feeling, and it's really something to look forward to. Embrace the wait because it makes the result that much sweeter.

Edited by Dembele

Hi everyone. My case was received on November 30, 2015. I have been waiting patiently since then. I requested for inquiry on Jan 20th and they sent me an e-mail on February 2nd saying that my case is pending and "You should receive a decision notice or notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this letter." .Couple days later an officer called me and told me my case is in the process but right now there is security checks. She told me that she can't give me any estimate of time when the security checks will be done. 

I am wondering what kind of security checks are those taking forever? I am really nervous about my status.Please help, is that 60 days means anything? Did anyone got the same respond before?

Edited by ayss

Timeline
8 hours ago, ayss said:

Hi everyone. My case was received on November 30, 2015. I have been waiting patiently since then. I requested for inquiry on Jan 20th and they sent me an e-mail on February 2nd saying that my case is pending and "You should receive a decision notice or notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this letter." .Couple days later an officer called me and told me my case is in the process but right now there is security checks. She told me that she can't give me any estimate of time when the security checks will be done. 

I am wondering what kind of security checks are those taking forever? I am really nervous about my status.Please help, is that 60 days means anything? Did anyone got the same respond before?

Ayss, you will probably never know which security checks is your profile undergoing and why it is taking forever. As it is advertised, a complete FBI background check takes 72 hours to be performed, so I assume it's not only about the checks...It is just a backlog in VSC, that's the only reason tier 2 gave me when I called.

9 hours ago, ayss said:

You are not alone, I actually had the same response "response within 60 days and security checks needed.."

My case was also received on November 30, 2015. And on an even the worst situation as my ID/Driver's license is expiring next moth and theres no way i can renew it without my GC

Edited by KLTEAM

Filed: Timeline
8 hours ago, KLTEAM said:

You are not alone, I actually had the same response "response within 60 days and security checks needed.."

My case was also received on November 30, 2015. And on an even the worst situation as my ID/Driver's license is expiring next moth and theres no way i can renew it without my GC

If it helps, my approval letter was dated about 50 days after I was told to expect a response within 60 days.

Best of luck!

14 hours ago, KLTEAM said:

How long has it been since they told you it will take 60 days? It is so crazy that they are slow and they don't even care. God bless America.

• 2 weeks later...

We received approval letter today! Dated 2/10/17.:D 

No RFE or interview was required.

We made an e-request and then called to follow-up after 3 weeks. We were told to wait longer. Still no update on USCIS  case status website. It still shows case received date. 

Will update once card is received in mail. Good luck to all.

Edited by Randomcore

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.