HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Nice to hear about everyone's success in our forum. We are a great group of people.

2 weeks from today, I will be driving to the airport to pick up my love. The wait has been difficult, one of the hardest things i've had to do in my life. Everyday I am looking at the clock :clock: screaming, "Go faster!"

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Tried calling yesterday but I was on hold waiting for an agent forever and couldn't handle that horrible hold music any longer. I have been checking the NVC Case Status link a few times a day. Still doesn't recognize our case number. Nada.

OMG I can totally relate to the stress listening to that hold music!

The horrible hold music I feel will be foreverrrr stuck in my head. "All of our representatives are still busy assisting other callers. Please remain on the line as the next available representative will be with you momentarily. Your patience is greatly appreciated". His voice will be in my brain forevermore lol

As soon as we got the NVC (friday) we scheduled the interview on Monday , for a week later, as well as the medical examinations.

Timeline

Nice to hear about everyone's success in our forum. We are a great group of people.

2 weeks from today, I will be driving to the airport to pick up my love. The wait has been difficult, one of the hardest things i've had to do in my life. Everyday I am looking at the clock :clock: screaming, "Go faster!"

Obaaaaaa!!!!! Que coisa boa! 2 weeks is nothing. We have so much respect for people like yourself and your SO, you guys survived a veryyy long time apart, and my fiancé and I are complaining about being one month apart. Luckily, since we met, we never had to spend more than 5 weeks apart and it already felt beyond disheartening. We wish you all the best, a lot of love and a lot of patience with the adjustment inherent from all these changes. #foradilma

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Obaaaaaa!!!!! Que coisa boa! 2 weeks is nothing. We have so much respect for people like yourself and your SO, you guys survived a veryyy long time apart, and my fiancé and I are complaining about being one month apart. Luckily, since we met, we never had to spend more than 5 weeks apart and it already felt beyond disheartening. We wish you all the best, a lot of love and a lot of patience with the adjustment inherent from all these changes. #foradilma

Thank you for your support! She has been nervous, never left Rio before much less the country. I am trying to calm her down, she is nervous about the flight. I am trying to make it as easy as possible by giving her maps of every airport she will be in and how to reach her next destination, giving her a Portuguese to English sheet to be able to talk with people if she needs to and my information if anyone needs to contact me. Honestly the one thing that is stressing me out the most is the wedding planning.

I noticed when my fiance gets really excited about something she will say ebaaaaaaa!!! I noticed you said obaaaaaa!!! Is that the same? I am still learning a lot about the language. I am just happy I can have a casual conversation with her now, because communication is very important.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

T-Minus 2 Days 23 Hours 23 Minutes Till Lift Off

booked my ticket today... reaching there on 30th of this month...

YAYYY we are so close guys!!! I leave in 5 days :dancing::rolleyes::energy::dance::jest:

Me :unsure: tomorrow at 13.30 in Amsterdam :clock:

Let us know how the interviews goes!! prayers with you both!

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent: 2015-11-12 I-129F NOA1 notice: 2015-11-18 I-129F NOA2 approval: 2015-12-21 I-129F NOA2 hardcopy: 2015-12-27

NVC case number-hard copy arrived: 2016-1-21 Case arrived at GUA embassy: 2016-1-19 Packet 3 Email Recceived: 2016-1-27

Medical: 2016-2-3

Interview: 2016-2-26 Approved!

Visa in hand: 2016-3-3

POE: 2016-3-23

Married: 2016-3-25 (L)

AOS

AOS filed and delivered: 2016-4-18

Check cashed by USCIS: 2016-5-4

Text notification received: 2016-5-5

NOA arrived in mail for AOS, EAD, AP: 2016-5-7

Biometrics Appointment: 2016-5-24

Service request created by me since we have not heard anything about EAD: 2016-7-12

Status changed to EAD card being produced: 2016-7-21

Received EAD Card and AP in mail: 2016-7-28

Interview for Green card -  Approved: 2016-9-15

Received Green card: 2016-10-9

Done and in love (L)

Filed: Timeline

Thank you for your support! She has been nervous, never left Rio before much less the country. I am trying to calm her down, she is nervous about the flight. I am trying to make it as easy as possible by giving her maps of every airport she will be in and how to reach her next destination, giving her a Portuguese to English sheet to be able to talk with people if she needs to and my information if anyone needs to contact me. Honestly the one thing that is stressing me out the most is the wedding planning.

I noticed when my fiance gets really excited about something she will say ebaaaaaaa!!! I noticed you said obaaaaaa!!! Is that the same? I am still learning a lot about the language. I am just happy I can have a casual conversation with her now, because communication is very important.

My fiancé has never flown on a plane and never travelled alone before she left her city to meet me at airport in dheli. I am going their to attend interview with her and hang out with her family for some weeks then we will fly back to the U.S. Together.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

My fiancé has never flown on a plane and never travelled alone before she left her city to meet me at airport in dheli. I am going their to attend interview with her and hang out with her family for some weeks then we will fly back to the U.S. Together.

You're awesome. Also blessed to be able to do that. That will be a great trip. Remember to take a ton of selfies, will be great for your grandkids/great grandkids/greatgreatgrand kids------Hope you guys have a huge family :thumbs::thumbs::star::star::thumbs::thumbs:

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Filed: Timeline

I know what you are going through. I held off the ticket as long as I could to go and be with her for her interview. I don't know which ticketing company you use but if it helps I check prices on 3 sites: Kayak, farebuster, and Cheapoair. They always have different prices.

I pre coordinated with work so they knew the ball park dates, but they have been super supportive. That helped alot.

My boss put me on this group 'Texting', and Aisha is nicknamed the "TW" (Trophy Wife)---jokers

Hope all is well. Let us know as soon as possible please. Keeping you in thoughts and prayers.....

:thumbs::thumbs::star::star::thumbs::thumbs:

Just curious, did the embassy people ask why the address on the forms was different? I have emailed the embassy through auto response mail and they seem only interested in the ds160 form and don't seem to care about the uscis form on details like incomplete address vs complete address on the ds160. I could be just worrying too much about this.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am doing the same exact thing! My interview is still 2 weeks away, and those 2 weeks keep feeling like a month!

ROC I-797C

ROC Sent: 6/21/18

ROC Received: 6/23/18

NOA1: 7/5/18

NOA2: Reused Biometrics: 3/16/19

Yessss APPROVED!!!!

Poeh what a day.. I was so nervous but everything went very smoothly. But the lady asked many questions:

- what's your fiance's name?

- where have you met?

- how many times have you seen each other the past year?

- how many times have you been in the us?

- what kind of job do you prefer in the us?

- what kind of job does your fiancé have?

- why did you decide to get engaged (we only know each other for 1 year?)

- where does his family come from and have you met them?

- has he met your family and do they like him?

- do you plan on having children?

- in which city are you going to live?

- when did he propose to you?

- who are the people on these pictures?

And then she was looking at the screen of her computer for a couple of minutes and I started panicking but then she put all my papers in a map and told me the good news! Woohooo

K1:

11-13-2015: I129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

11-27-2015: NOA1 Hardcopy

01-02-2016: NOA2 Hardcopy

03-10-2016: Medical appointment

03-17-2016: Interview --> APPROVED

05-16-2016: Moved to the USA

05-24-2016: Married (L)

05-25-2016: Applied for SSN (card got lost in mail)

AOS:

06-17-2016: AOS Package sent

07-02-2016: NOA1

07-02-2016: Applied again for SSN (denied because of expired I-94)

10-18-2016: AP 'Case was approved'

10-18-2016: EAD 'New card is being produced '

10-21-2016: AP Hardcopy of approval in mail

11-01-2016: EAD/AP 'Card was mailed to me'

11-04-2016: EAD/AP card received.

11-07-2016: Applied again for a SSN

11-29-2016: SSN received

12-12-2016: AOS approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Yessss APPROVED!!!!

Poeh what a day.. I was so nervous but everything went very smoothly. But the lady asked many questions:

- where have you met?

And then she was looking at the screen of her computer for a couple of minutes and I started panicking but then she put all my papers in a map and told me the good news! Woohooo

Congratulations, I wish you the best for you guys!

Timeline

Yessss APPROVED!!!!

- where have you met?

Yaaaaay!!! Gefeliciteerd!!!! Whoa, it seems like I wasn't the only one asked tons of questions hahaha =)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.