HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

You can pay the stupid fee if your stupid. Why would you want to pay a fee when you can avoid one. Your money, do as you please.

I once bought a large 44 oz coke at the corner store. Cost me $1.39. I like ice in mine. So in the end I was probably getting 10-15 oz of coke. For a $1 I could have bought a liter of coke. Ice I have always in the tray. I felt pretty silly wasting so much money on ice with a little coke. But then I found out a lot of people do that. They also buy milk and eggs at the corner store for more than what they would pay at the grocery store.

What really annoys me is when I go out to eat at a restaurant. How much of a rip off that is if you think about it. For the same $20 I spend on one meal I could have bought groceries for several.

I suppose in the end, I am not so smart.

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

OMG! FIANCEE FORGOT MEDICAL RECORDS IN HOTEL!!

Fortunately hotel was nearby and we were able to go and get them.

Apparently, Interview was a non-event. CO did not ask many questions, did not want additional evidence. Did ask questions about the golf course at Don Mueang airport.

He said, now wait 10-14 days, so I guess we are approved.

P.S. Fiancee blames me for forgetting medical records.

Congratulations!!!!!!! That's hilarious about the medical records haha but luck was on your side for sure!

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent: 2015-11-12 I-129F NOA1 notice: 2015-11-18 I-129F NOA2 approval: 2015-12-21 I-129F NOA2 hardcopy: 2015-12-27

NVC case number-hard copy arrived: 2016-1-21 Case arrived at GUA embassy: 2016-1-19 Packet 3 Email Recceived: 2016-1-27

Medical: 2016-2-3

Interview: 2016-2-26 Approved!

Visa in hand: 2016-3-3

POE: 2016-3-23

Married: 2016-3-25 (L)

AOS

AOS filed and delivered: 2016-4-18

Check cashed by USCIS: 2016-5-4

Text notification received: 2016-5-5

NOA arrived in mail for AOS, EAD, AP: 2016-5-7

Biometrics Appointment: 2016-5-24

Service request created by me since we have not heard anything about EAD: 2016-7-12

Status changed to EAD card being produced: 2016-7-21

Received EAD Card and AP in mail: 2016-7-28

Interview for Green card -  Approved: 2016-9-15

Received Green card: 2016-10-9

Done and in love (L)

Congratulations HAPPYLAYTON. You passed. :dancing::dancing::dancing:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Apparently, Interview was a non-event. CO did not ask many questions, did not want additional evidence. Did ask questions about the golf course at Don Mueang airport.

Excellent new!

So very happy for you both!

Load up on that Thai food before you come home..5555

Congratulations!!

:secret: It's always the man's fault :rofl::rofl:

I was just going to say that..He better get used to it..haha

Had to reschedule my interview. My new interview date will be Feb 17th.

Why did you reschedule? Keep in mind if you change it again they will charge you ANOTHER $265

My Fiancee has her Manila Interview on the 17th as well!

Tyler

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Okay. So I just heard from my fiance. She said they took her passport and said she will receive it in 2 weeks. They didn't say if she was approved or not. Is that bad? Would they take your passport if they deny you? From what her and I have read this is a good thing.

Interview this morning and approved, was in and out of the embassy in an hour :D

Hooray! Congrats trudi, Shawn&Jaque, and EricAndOrn! So happy for you guys! :dancing::dancing::dancing:

AOS Journey

*Delay in filing due to typo on visa which took many calls, an InfoPass appointment, and about two months to resolve.

AOS/EAD/AP applications sent: 11/30/2016

NOA: 12/2/2016

RFE notice rec'd online: 12/21/2016

Biometrics appt. letter rec'd: 12/27/2016

RFE letter rec'd: 12/30/2016

Biometrics appointment: 1/4/2017

RFE response sent: 1/9/2017

RFE response receipt notice: 1/11/2017

Case status update text: 1/21/2017 (but no actual update available)

EAD/AP approval notice/card ordered (email and online): 2/13/2017

EAD/AP card mailed (e-notification): 2/15/2017

EAD/AP card received: 2/17/2017

Service request submitted: 7/11/2017

Service request processed: 8/4/2017

Service request response received (with no update): 8/9/2017

Interview letter received: 10/18/17

Interview appointment: 11/15/17

Approval: 11/15/17 

K1 Journey

Sent I-129F Packet: 11/25/2015
NOA1 (official date from hard copy): 12/2/2015

NOA1 e-notification: 12/3/2015

NOA2: 1/7/2016

Interview: 4/7/2016 - Approved!

Arrival: 5/30/2016 (POE Chicago O'Hare)

Marriage: 7/9/2016

Second (big) wedding: 11/12/2016

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Excellent new!

Why did you reschedule? Keep in mind if you change it again they will charge you ANOTHER $265

Tyler

They didn't charge me anything. They just ask me some details, told me to disregard the 1st appointment confirmation and sent me a new appointment confirmation on my email. instead of having my interview on Feb. 12, i had to move it to a later date coz of my red days. (I haven't done my medical yet. I was suppose to do it tomorrow but i don't want to risk it) a girl thing. ?

Excellent new!

Tyler

They didn't charge me anything. They just ask me some details, told me to disregard the 1st appointment confirmation and sent me a new appointment confirmation on my email. instead of having my interview on Feb. 12, i had to move it to a later date coz of my red days. (I haven't done my medical yet. I was suppose to do it tomorrow but i don't want to risk it) a girl thing. ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Congrats!

Filed: Country: Uganda
Timeline

I called the embassy they said I must wait for their email before doing anything. I should have asked how they even know my email address but totally blanked and now their closed......How would they know my email?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Rescheduled interview from March 18 to February 26!!!! Ahhh now it will be sooner! ?

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent: 2015-11-12 I-129F NOA1 notice: 2015-11-18 I-129F NOA2 approval: 2015-12-21 I-129F NOA2 hardcopy: 2015-12-27

NVC case number-hard copy arrived: 2016-1-21 Case arrived at GUA embassy: 2016-1-19 Packet 3 Email Recceived: 2016-1-27

Medical: 2016-2-3

Interview: 2016-2-26 Approved!

Visa in hand: 2016-3-3

POE: 2016-3-23

Married: 2016-3-25 (L)

AOS

AOS filed and delivered: 2016-4-18

Check cashed by USCIS: 2016-5-4

Text notification received: 2016-5-5

NOA arrived in mail for AOS, EAD, AP: 2016-5-7

Biometrics Appointment: 2016-5-24

Service request created by me since we have not heard anything about EAD: 2016-7-12

Status changed to EAD card being produced: 2016-7-21

Received EAD Card and AP in mail: 2016-7-28

Interview for Green card -  Approved: 2016-9-15

Received Green card: 2016-10-9

Done and in love (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Rescheduled interview from March 18 to February 26!!!! Ahhh now it will be sooner! ?

That is cool news. Time....at least for me seems to drag without my lady. Seems like it will be 5 months of waiting instead of 1. Almost one of those situations, "Is this real?" So you saving 3 weeks.....that is a big deal in my opinion. I see a lot of April weddings for our group. :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

I called the embassy they said I must wait for their email before doing anything. I should have asked how they even know my email address but totally blanked and now their closed......How would they know my email?

. bcoz they receive it from nvc!! rite? they emailed me too!! Edited by sanzz

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

My fiancé s interview Feb 12!!!! Thanks everyone for your help =) anybody in Cali want to get married same day haha

(F)(F) (F) (F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)

:thumbs:

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.