The Robinsons

GOT INTERVIEW DATE!!

34 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

OMG for once the embassy was actually faster than we expected. We got my appointment letter today. April 12th in Copenhagen. We were hoping it would be sooner but at least now we know. I do have a question for you guys. Do you think it would be a problem for me to go to the states in the meantime? I don't have anything but the appointment letter to show that I intend on returning to Denmark. No job, school or house.

Dec 19, 2006 - Married at the city hall in Denmark

Jan 05, 2007 - Filed I-130 at the US embassy in Copenhagen (Approved)

Jan 30, 2007 - Received e-mail from embassy, I-130 has to be re-approved in London, we both need to file G-325A

Jan 31, 2007 - G-325A sent to US embassy in Copenhagen

Feb 15, 2007 - OP-169, DS 230 I & II, I-864 sent to US embassy in Copenhagen

Feb 27, 2007 - US embassy Copenhagen, I-130 re-approved and back

Mar 03, 2007 - Receive packet 4 - interview date April 12th

Mar 06, 2007 - Call from embassy - interview date is now on March 8th

Mar 08, 2007 - Interview at embassy - Visa approved IF medical report is all clear

Mar 14, 2007 - Medical exam

Apr 07, 2007 - Visa packet received

Apr 17, 2007 - POE Newark Intl. Airport

Apr 23, 2007 - USCIS refuse to change my mailing address

May 07, 2007 - Re-file for SSN

May 10, 2007 - USCIS receive visa packet from Newark

May 11, 2007 - Gets SSN

May 19, 2007 - Receive SS card

Jul 10, 2007 - Receive letter from TSC: greencard returned by post office - will re-send (duh!!!)

Sep 17, 2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

Feb 01, 2008 - Gets NC License - DMV will only issues it until Apr 17 08 (expiration date on entry visa in passport) since greencard not in hand

Mar 06, 2008 - After 10 months and some change GC FINALLY in hand!!

Apr 17 - Present: USCIS has managed to switch my case # with some else, send my greencard to the wrong address and had to make 3 - yes 3 - service requests on sending out my card

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG for once the embassy was actually faster than we expected. We got my appointment letter today. April 12th in Copenhagen. We were hoping it would be sooner but at least now we know. I do have a question for you guys. Do you think it would be a problem for me to go to the states in the meantime? I don't have anything but the appointment letter to show that I intend on returning to Denmark. No job, school or house.

Great news! As for the visit - I had the same question. There are several threads discussing the issue. I would *guess* that your appt letter would be good enough, along with your return ticket. There IS a risk of getting turned away, no doubt about it, but I bet it's a pretty small risk - up to you to decide if it's worth taking the risk. Good luck!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congratulations :dance: I think visiting is fine as long as you have the letter with the interview date.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Congrats! :thumbs:

Our AOS Journey

July 18, 07: AOS/EAD sent to Chicago

Aug 03, 07: Received Biometrics appt. letter

Aug 23, 07: Biometrics

Aug 30, 07: Transfer to CSC letter dated 8/27

Sept 19, 07: EAD Approval email

Sept 29, 07: EAD card Received

Oct 09, 07: AOS Approved

Oct 13, 07: Green Card in hand

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
Unless you have a visitor's visa, your chances are slim. How are you going to prove that you're going back? It's not going to work with the appointment letter. Besides, your interview is only a month away. Even if you have the visa, save yourself a trip.

Timeline
Unless you have a visitor's visa, your chances are slim. How are you going to prove that you're going back? It's not going to work with the appointment letter. Besides, your interview is only a month away. Even if you have the visa, save yourself a trip.

Well I wouldn't need a visitor's visa since Denmark is part of the visa waiver program. I would just need to convince the POE officer that I'm not an immigrant. But we haven't decided yet. Still need to find out when I can get my medical exam and then see how long I have before my interview. Besides our funds are not endless and it looks like the medical exam might eat up alot of our money. Had no idea the medical exam would be more expensive than the actual visa. But oh well ain't nothing we can do about that.

Jan 30, 2007 - Received e-mail from embassy, I-130 has to be re-approved in London, we both need to file G-325A

Mar 08, 2007 - Interview at embassy - Visa approved IF medical report is all clear

May 11, 2007 - Gets SSN

Jul 10, 2007 - Receive letter from TSC: greencard returned by post office - will re-send (duh!!!)

Feb 01, 2008 - Gets NC License - DMV will only issues it until Apr 17 08 (expiration date on entry visa in passport) since greencard not in hand

Apr 17 - Present: USCIS has managed to switch my case # with some else, send my greencard to the wrong address and had to make 3 - yes 3 - service requests on sending out my card

Timeline
congratulations!

no clue about the entry before the interview

Thanks everyone. Called ALL the doctors that are certified with the embassy here in Denmark today. Only ONE could take me in for a medical (on the 27th) before the interview. Last day for a medical is the 28th. Almost ran out of luck there.

May 11, 2007 - Gets SSN

Timeline
:D:D:D:D Ok I just got a phone call from the US embassy in Copenhagen. They wanted to know if I would mind them moving my 12th of April visa interview to thursday. This thursday, the 8th of March. If I would mind?! Are you kidding me?! Who would say no to that. I even told them that I hadn't gotten my medical yet. But that was no problem. They said that because of all the problems the new law had caused us they didn't mind doing my interview before my medical. :D:D:D So tomorrow I'm calling ALL the doctors again to see if someone can't take me sooner so I can get out of here!!

May 11, 2007 - Gets SSN

:D:D:D:D Ok I just got a phone call from the US embassy in Copenhagen. They wanted to know if I would mind them moving my 12th of April visa interview to thursday. This thursday, the 8th of March. If I would mind?! Are you kidding me?! Who would say no to that. I even told them that I hadn't gotten my medical yet. But that was no problem. They said that because of all the problems the new law had caused us they didn't mind doing my interview before my medical. :D:D:D So tomorrow I'm calling ALL the doctors again to see if someone can't take me sooner so I can get out of here!!

That is very cool!!!! Yay! Congrats! :D:D:D:D:D :energetic: :energetic: :energetic:

9-12/2004 - met and fell in love in Bulgaria

2004 - 2006 - travel, travel, travel...

11/2006 - moved to Bulgaria

1/2007 - engaged

4/2007 - wedding

DCF for CR-1 Visa BEGINS:

5/16/2007 - I-130 filed at Sofia, Bulgaria embassy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

jsut would say for now

congrats :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

india.gifusa.gif

NVC:

03/14/2007-NVC ASSIGNS CASE NUMBER

03/29/2007-AOS FEE BILL AND DS-3032 GENERATED

03/29/2007-AOS FEE BILL FEES MAILED AND DS-3032 MAILED

04/03/2007-NVC ACKNOWLEDGES CHOICE OF AGENT

04/10/2007-I.V FEE BILL GENERATED

04/18/2007-I-864 GENERATED

04/20/2007-I.V. BILL RECEIVED & MAILED TO N.V.C

04/23/2007-I-864 SENT TO NVC

04/26/2007-I.V. FEE BILL & I-864 ENTERED INTO THE NVC SYSTEM

04/30/2007-NVC BARCODE & INSTRUCTIONS FOR DS-230

05/09/2007-DS-230 SENT

05/23/2007-CASE COMPLETED

VISA APPROVED .

05/XX/2007-FLIGHT To JFK POE

another step of I-751 coming near :)

p.s. My opinion is only what i read research and get advices from experienced people.I aint any

lawyer .

.png

Namastey !

Timeline

Ok just came back from my interview after 8 hours on a damn train. This is how it went.

My interview was at 11 am, so I was at the embassy at 10:50. The guard (who was swedish) asked me what I wanted and then told me to stand there and wait. So I waited while everyone else who came were more or less just sent straight in. Then at 11:15 he finally decided to talk to me again. Only to let me know that I wasn't on THE LIST so he couldn't let me in! After showing him my appointment letter more than once he decided to look into it. About 5 mins later they finally let me in.

When I got inside the woman startd to look through my papers. Her first complaint was when she wanted me to prove that I did not overstay my last visit in the US. Appearently the stamps in a passport is not enough to do so. Nor is filing papers with the government in your home country after returning. But buying a train card is!

Then the next complaint was over the fact that my husband crossed the box about filing taxes the past 3 years, despite the fact that he was exempt from filing last time. But they decided not to make a big deal out of it.

Now the topic fell on my husbands domicile. According to USCIS - who we called to ask about this - it was enough for my husband to put down a c/o address in the US. But no. After talking to another woman there she decided that she might not be convinced that he wanted to return to the us. But she would look into it and I might receive a refusal letter in the mail in a couple of days.

Great! So now I'm waiting for a refusal letter that might not come and then to get my medical done on wednesday (have to send copies of payment for medical to them afterwards). So that's where we stand now.

May 11, 2007 - Gets SSN

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

TheRobinsons,

I'm so sorry to hear that... "establishing domicile in the US" is very important detail to them. We live in Italy, therefore, we don't have a resident in the US. What my husband did, is printed out all bank statments, all stock/bonds/mutual funds/retirement investments, to prove that he (or we) plan to stay and live in the US. Basically showing all assets are invested in the US.

Good luck, I hope they don't send you a refusal letter.

W.

Ok just came back from my interview after 8 hours on a damn train. This is how it went.

My interview was at 11 am, so I was at the embassy at 10:50. The guard (who was swedish) asked me what I wanted and then told me to stand there and wait. So I waited while everyone else who came were more or less just sent straight in. Then at 11:15 he finally decided to talk to me again. Only to let me know that I wasn't on THE LIST so he couldn't let me in! After showing him my appointment letter more than once he decided to look into it. About 5 mins later they finally let me in.

When I got inside the woman startd to look through my papers. Her first complaint was when she wanted me to prove that I did not overstay my last visit in the US. Appearently the stamps in a passport is not enough to do so. Nor is filing papers with the government in your home country after returning. But buying a train card is!

Then the next complaint was over the fact that my husband crossed the box about filing taxes the past 3 years, despite the fact that he was exempt from filing last time. But they decided not to make a big deal out of it.

Now the topic fell on my husbands domicile. According to USCIS - who we called to ask about this - it was enough for my husband to put down a c/o address in the US. But no. After talking to another woman there she decided that she might not be convinced that he wanted to return to the us. But she would look into it and I might receive a refusal letter in the mail in a couple of days.

Great! So now I'm waiting for a refusal letter that might not come and then to get my medical done on wednesday (have to send copies of payment for medical to them afterwards). So that's where we stand now.

its terrible, i think that from the begininig she was not in the mood to grant visa thats why she start by ''if u overstayed in the US ...

but i still keep my fingers cross for u maybe u will get letter from the embassy that they need more documents with an another appointment.

- Nov 2006

Paris Civil Wedding

- Jan 2007

DCF (CR1-CR2)

I-130 Aproved the same day i went to Paris Embassy

Form DS-2001 sent back to Paris Embassy

Got appointment letter for the final interview in March 2007 with my Case number.

Packet 4

Adam walsh law, call from embassy final interview postpone

Paris Embassy sent all pending I-130 petitions to Roma uscis for an Petionner background check

- Feb 2007

Medical visit

I- 130 petitions back from the Roma uscis ''reaproved''

Call from Paris Embassy confimation for my final interview in March 2007.

- March 2007

Final interview date: CR1-CR2 Aproved

Passports with visas came by chrono 5 days after interview.

57 days in total

- April 2007

Moving to USA

Atlanta POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.