mumbaidelhi

No job application replies. Not even labor jobs.

63 posts in this topic

Hang in there. you will get it. i hold a Master in EE and aimed very high(not that it was wrong)but had no network whatsoever.i worked a petty job as a call center supervisor gained valuable experience and great references. got a career job in a year and a half.(i would say that was quite a wait because i live in a hamlet)there is a bag full of jobs throughout the nation.just hang in man as they say 'change is permanent'

you appear condescending arslan and i take offense of this. i am reporting you.

just kidding :joy: ,its same as EE from pak is gonna drive a yellow cab.

That's okay. I mentioned a real fact. In America you have more respect and dignity as a cashier in a grocery store than the treatment you get and discrimination you face at Engineering workplace in India or Pakistan !

chil, i was just pulling your leg.take it easy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Be patient. I arrived in the US in 2009 at the bottom of the market. It took 3 months to find ANY job. I worked that dreadful job for a year to make ends meet. However while there, I made a networking connection that helped me land the job I've been in, and really loving, for 6 years. Sometimes it is about the long game. Don't set your sights on JUST engineering jobs.

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

That would be a really cool feature to integrate to VJ. Id love to be able to find something for my fiance with more modest education/skillset or yes myself for more aligned w/ my experience for new opportunity :)

VJ?

There are plenty of specific sites out there, Linkedin gets mentioned most.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

VJ=VisaJourney, sorry. Yeah I guess I meant more for local people, those maybe that embrace the immigrant experience more. Less professional/career jobs (no offense meant,) but LinkedIn is a pretty specific crowd. People like my parents (before linked in) and my fiance, I dont think would get a lot of utility from something like LinkedIn

Thanks for the support guys. i think theres tons of people here on the same boat or should i say the Immigrant ship. i stay in a hamlet in NY state and willing to relocate wherever i get an opportunity....i think VJ should start a job forum too where people can share job opportunities at their places of work.

!@#*$!(@#$ is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status

one common statement every organization here makes which is so untrue !!!!

Thanks for the support guys. i think theres tons of people here on the same boat or should i say the Immigrant ship. i stay in a hamlet in NY state and willing to relocate wherever i get an opportunity....i think VJ should start a job forum too where people can share job opportunities at their places of work.

like i said , if your willing to relocate.look into the places i put for jobs.

Timeline

!@#*$!(@#$ is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status

one common statement every organization here makes which is so untrue !!!!

How do you know?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Some of my friends make fun of me for abbreviating too much. Its hard to tell Boilers posts if its sarcastic or not.

Like I said I'm very familiar w/ LinkedIN. It is for professionals. I hardly think a job forum for odd jobs on VJ would be the worse thing ever. Theres tons of useless threads and rehashed threads on VJ. If I said hey I'm willing to have someone help me w/ this project or my company needs a good EE, how is that so harmful.? If I could find a odd job/project my fiance could line up and get feet under her that'd be good. Thats not what LI is for nor good at.

OP why do you keep acting so jaded. If the opportunities aren't here, there are other places to go. Can't expect jobs to just come to you...or get all ostracized after just 2 mos.

Timeline

I was not being sarcastic, but the US is a big place and VJ is tiny.

Have a word with the Captain if you think it will fly.

How do you know?

Boiler, i went for an interview and before it began(it was IQ test,maths&reasoning), i was handed a form to fill, on the form it says;

Please print your name and indicate your race.

I still can not understand the essence of that. I had indicated that online when i was filling out the application. I felt it was kinda discriminatory somehow, perhaps the right candidate must be of a certain race or ethnicity? in which case defiles EEO.

Timeline

Affirmative Action perhaps, some organisations need to make quota, big issue in the US.

Well I can appreciate that Boiler, I guess my point is the best part of VJ is the camaraderie. I think alot of VJ users are probably clustered to some specific areas for sure.

For some people to get help in all the NOISE of LInkedIN, would be difficult. IMO

But for some guy to just say hey I got something, I know what its like, 'My parents were refugees, my wife was an immigrant'....I'd like to give back a little. Give me a ring, would be a lot easier on VJ. Hey my mom will watch your kids on Wed in Nowhere, USA...etc. Our my restaurant needs a server on the weekends, tell your high schooler to come see me....

Helping w/ the paperwork is great and all and VJ is an amazing resource just thinking of stretching utility out IRL a little bit. Just an idea, I meant absolutely zero malice nor jacking of any thread.

Edited by heo luoi

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You need to start looking for jobs around st. charles ,LA , laredo Texas or some places in North Dakota. they have oil rigs and boy you will make a fortune. Or since you said you are a ME , why dont you apply at CAT , peoria, IL not sure if you are willing to relocate or whats your location

In response to CAT, they are about to let 10,000 jobs go by next year so wouldn't go there,

@op, im in the same shoes I'm a Chemical Engineer with 5 years experience and still nothing been looking for about 5 months now its so tiring, I finally accepted a sales job which is half base salary and half commission, I will just give it my all as I now have a son, I have savings but one day it would finish so I'm taking the sales job and will bust my back side making sure I succeed in it. Maybe you should give it a try as well

12/24/2014.................forms i130, i485, i765, i131 mailed via usps12/26/2014.................forms delivered01/05/2015.................NOA1 for all forms wth 26th dec as priority date01/24/2015.................bio apt received for 02/0601/26/2015................. walk in bio failed, supervisor said that the office is way to busy to come back closer to my apt date02/06/2015................. completed biometrics02/11/2015.................Aos status update 'case is ready to be scheduled for an interview'<p>02/24/2015................EAD updated to 'card in production' AP updated to case approved

09/17/2015....... interview scheduled for OCT 21st.

10/21/2015....... attended interview, approved on the spot, also received updates on case status.

10/23/2015...... green card mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.