groovlstk

Vaccination supplement procedure?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

hi folks,

My fiancee (now my wife) had her medical exam (w/out vaccinations) in Moscow in December, now that we're married and preparing her AOS, we scheduled an appointment with a USCIS-approved doc for her vaccination supplement. When I made the appointment, I told the doc's assistant that we didn't need the medical exam, only the vaccination supplment.

Sure enough, when she went today for her appointment the doc began poking and prodding her. When she told him she didn't need a medical exam, he became belligerant. He drew blood from her, and then told her he couldn't give her the needed vaccinations because she had a cold (which is news to us).

When making the appointment I was told the charge for vaccinations + form would be $155. Today he charged her $100 and told her to come back on Monday, when I'm sure he'll ask for the original fee of $155.

Before I get truly p*ssed off and phone him, can anyone tell me if drawing blood is required for the I-693? Is this normal procedure?

08.24.06 - I-129F sent to VSC

08.30.06 - NOA1

09.01.06 - NOA1 snail mail

09.09.06 - touched

09.15.06 - NAO2 approval via email

09.19.06 - NVC receives package

09.20.06 - NAO2 snail mail

09.26.06 - NVC mails package to US Embassy in Moscow

10.03.06 - Consolate receives package

10.17.06 - Interview prep package received by fiancee

12.12.06 - Approved!

12.16.06 - Picked up visa from DHL office in Moscow

12.20.06 - POE JFK, just in time for the holidays...

02.10.07 - Married, viva Las Vegas!

04.02.07 - AOS mailed

04.10.07 - AOS NAO1 received

05.03.07 - Biometrics @ Varick St., Manhattan

06.05.07 - Request to Appear for Initial Interview received (interview date: July 31)

06.25.07 - EAD card received

06.28.07 - AP document received (thanks for nothin', she'll have her green card before her travel date!)

07.31.07 - Initial interview a breeze!

08.13.07 - Green card arrives in the mail

Filed: Timeline

In my case, yes. You have to remember they test the blood for HIV, and other diseases. I had my blood drawn any I also took a number of vaccinations that day. I was told to pick up my paperwork in a couple of days after they must have gotten the results of the blood tests. I paid about $325 for it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
In my case, yes. You have to remember they test the blood for HIV, and other diseases. I had my blood drawn any I also took a number of vaccinations that day. I was told to pick up my paperwork in a couple of days after they must have gotten the results of the blood tests. I paid about $325 for it.

But it wasn't necessary to test your blood for HIV and other diseases because form I-693A has nothing to do with that. It only deals with vaccinations. Not HIV, Syphilis, etc. Can someone else confirm this?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Latvia
Timeline

Its not necessary, go to any another civil surgeon, normal doctor and get immunization form for 25 $.

07/29/2006 – I-129 sent to Vermont

08/04/2006 - NOA1

08/28/2006 - NOA2 - approved

09/01/2006 - NVC - approved

09/07/2006 - Warsaw embassy sent packet 3 (damn post services, never received any)

09/18/2006 - packet 3 sent (Nothing fails)

09/27 - received packet 4

10/10 - medical exam

10/19 - INTERVIEW!

10/20 - received visa

11/7 - arrived in USA, POE YFK

1/19 - Married

02/23/2007 - Civil Surgeon (checked just vaccines for $ 25)

05/04/2007 - AOS package sent to Chicago

05/11/2007 - NOA1

05/15/2007 - NOA2 - ASC appointment letter about biometrics

05/24/2007 - RFE about tax forms w-2 and 1099!!!

06/05/2007 - Biometrics

21/06/2007 - NOA3 - Transfered to California

10/07/2007 - AOS approved, card production ordered!!!

19/07/2007 - Half year marriage anniversary - GC arrives!!!

07/08/2009 - Package sent (My cover letter 40 peaces of evidence)

07/14/2009 - check was cashed

07/10/2009 - NOA 1 received, GK extended for a year

07/17/2009 - received biometrics letter with my case number

08/06/2009 - scheduled biometrics appointment

11/16/2009 - approval

12/01/2009 - touched - card production ordered

2/26/2010 - got ten year card

No more departures!!!

No more typing!!!

Ne mirkli Tu neesi atstājis manas domas,

Tā, ka manas domas aizmirsa pat aizmirstību.

Mīļotais ir ienācis manā teltī,

Un mana sirds ir mulsas pārņemta.

Yes, if you only need the I-963a supplement form filled out then there should be no need to draw blood unless they were doing a titre test to see if she had had the chicken pox or other antibodies and therefore wouldn't need the varcella vacine. But, they should not be poking and prodding her and not take any blood unless for titres. I think that they are throwing you for a loop. Considering I didn't need any more vacines done here, I only paid $5 for my civil surgeon to fill out my vaccination supplement.

K1 Journey:

April 13/06 NOA1 from NSC

June 1/06 - Moved to CSC

August 12/06 APPROVED - NOA2!!

August 28/06 Left NVC. . . Vancouver Bound!

September 27/06 Interview APPROVED, with visa in hand

October 29/06 Moving Date

December 30/06 Married!!

AOS Journey:

January 16/07 Sent out AOS, EAD, and AP docs

January 23/07 NOA1's for AOS, EAD and AP

February 13/07 Biometrics in Portland, OR

April 7/07 EAD and AP Received

April 24/07 Interview Scheduled . . . and APPROVED, stamp and all!

May 7/07 Greencard is in my hands!

ROC Journey:

February 17/09 Sent I-751 to CSC

February 18/09 NOA1

March 14/09 Biometrics appt.

April 22/09 Date of Approval!!

June 25/09 Greencard arrives in the mail!

*Everything I post is just my .02 cents, seek a lawyer for anything beyond that.*

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
hi folks,

My fiancee (now my wife) had her medical exam (w/out vaccinations) in Moscow in December, now that we're married and preparing her AOS, we scheduled an appointment with a USCIS-approved doc for her vaccination supplement. When I made the appointment, I told the doc's assistant that we didn't need the medical exam, only the vaccination supplment.

Sure enough, when she went today for her appointment the doc began poking and prodding her. When she told him she didn't need a medical exam, he became belligerant. He drew blood from her, and then told her he couldn't give her the needed vaccinations because she had a cold (which is news to us).

When making the appointment I was told the charge for vaccinations + form would be $155. Today he charged her $100 and told her to come back on Monday, when I'm sure he'll ask for the original fee of $155.

Before I get truly p*ssed off and phone him, can anyone tell me if drawing blood is required for the I-693? Is this normal procedure?

Sounds like you are getting another full medical. We had the same trouble trying to get our I693a as all civil surgeons I contacted in our town said they would only fill it out if we did a new medical with them. Our local public health could do the I-693a for $25 but said they couldn't see us for three weeks. Fortunately my wife had gotten her necessary vaccinations when she had her medical in Moscow and had a copy of the DS-3025 which I had sent in with our AOS package. We went to the interview without the I-693a and turns out they were fine with our DS-3025 and the officer looked at it and the medical and told us everything was great. Yesterday we received the "Welcome to the US" letter. Just our experience.

Edited by Neonred

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

yeah I agree, it looks like she got the whole medical again. She definatel doesnt need the bloodwork done again, if she just needs the vaccination supplement. Because like somebody else already stated...it deals just with vaccinations. Did she get a receipt for the 100$ she already paied??

It took me a while to find a civil surgeon that did just my supplement but I found one and paied just 20$ for it.

blackribbonsmall.png

R.I.P Diana

1982-2008

Removal Timeline

11/17/08 - mailed out documents

11/19/08 - documents received by USCIS

11/25/08 - check cashed

12/10/08 - Biometrics letter

12/19/08 - second Biometrics letter

12/26/09 - went to Boston for Biometrics Appointment - THEY WERE CLOSED!!!!!!!!!

01/13/09 - Biometrics Appointment in Boston

01/13/09 - several phonecalls to uscis to find out where my extension letter is - will send out extension letter which will take up to 3 weeks

01/21/09 - phonecall to uscis about the extension letter. They are still working on the service request! told me to go to an infopass

appointment

01/22/09 - went to SS office to get a new SS-card. They won't issue a new one because me GC expires in 2 weeks.

01/22/09 - talked to the Office of my congressman. They will look into the issue and call me back - hopefully!!!!

01/26/09 - talked to the Office of the congressman. She read an email to me from USCIS stating that they sent out the letter on Friday!

They said I should have it in 7 days! So now we wait.....again!

01/29/09 - extension letter received!

05/15/09 - Removal of conditions approved :) ..waiting for actual card now :)

06/01/09 - Card in the mail!

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

Am I missing something here? The OP states that only a medical was done and

no vaccinations were given. It is not an issue of only a transfer to I693A.

Therefore the CS here took blood to determine the titre to find out which vaccs are needed.

Was blood drawn at the medical for HIV and other STD's ?

If not then blood must be drawn for that here also.

I just had a transfer too, had my medical done in germany before and the doc here didnt draw any blood. no HIV test or anything I gues that was done already in germany.

He told me that I ned one more vaccination. If I dont take it he wouldnt give me the paperwork. I sure I didnt need that vaccination but I didnthave much time left because it took me forever to finally find a doctor who didnt make me do the whole medical again! Well so I paied for the vaccination and the 20$ for the transfer......better than for the whole medical.

I'm still mad at that idiot :(

blackribbonsmall.png

R.I.P Diana

1982-2008

Removal Timeline

11/17/08 - mailed out documents

11/19/08 - documents received by USCIS

11/25/08 - check cashed

12/10/08 - Biometrics letter

12/19/08 - second Biometrics letter

12/26/09 - went to Boston for Biometrics Appointment - THEY WERE CLOSED!!!!!!!!!

01/13/09 - Biometrics Appointment in Boston

01/13/09 - several phonecalls to uscis to find out where my extension letter is - will send out extension letter which will take up to 3 weeks

01/21/09 - phonecall to uscis about the extension letter. They are still working on the service request! told me to go to an infopass

appointment

01/22/09 - went to SS office to get a new SS-card. They won't issue a new one because me GC expires in 2 weeks.

01/22/09 - talked to the Office of my congressman. They will look into the issue and call me back - hopefully!!!!

01/26/09 - talked to the Office of the congressman. She read an email to me from USCIS stating that they sent out the letter on Friday!

They said I should have it in 7 days! So now we wait.....again!

01/29/09 - extension letter received!

05/15/09 - Removal of conditions approved :) ..waiting for actual card now :)

06/01/09 - Card in the mail!

Did she already have a vaccination record of some sort? If not, that's probably why he drew her blood. It may be cheaper for you to have the vaccinations done elsewhere and have him fill out the I-693a...

Doctors may refuse to give vaccines if the patient is immuno-suppressed, which was the case with your wife and her cold. That's the safest route, actually, to minimize the chance of complications.

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.