mark-n-daisy

Disapproved K-1 visa

75 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

There seems to be a lot of comments about my relationship with her son. I accepted him from the very beginning of our relationship. he was a part of all our conversations. I even want ed to see him when I visited but I was told he couldn't. I brought gifts for him and even printed pictures of him here and hung them in my house. I prepared the elementary school of his arrival and had his immunizations at the medical exam. I was not there to spend actual time with him but that doesn't mean I loved him any less. I cared so much for him that I chose to do a K-2 visa so that he would not suffer through a one year separation from his mother. I have 2 children of my own and know how this feels. After reading a lot of your posts I think I shouldn't give up. I'm going to save my money and next month try again. But this time it will have to be just the K-1 and not with the K-2. I think it should succeed. I was wondering though if during her second interview the CO had a problem with my relationship with her son, why didn't he just approve the K-1 and disapprove the K-2? Also, why didn't the first interview CO mention anything wrong with her son and I?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Is she willing to leave her son behind?

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

That is an assumption. You mean to tell me your fiance/spouse didn't blow at least that much on you when petitioning you here .....twice ?

Just because you were kicked out or returned to your country without marrying on a K1 doesn't mean that this will happen to everyone.

Please stop the speculation on OP's fiance and read again what he spend it on, I doubt it was for her living in absolute wealth and hardly

compares to winning the lottery.

Sorry to say nobody need to take personally everybody have there own experience way of thoughts . I just said what I read and seeing .

1. American men are old and Phil girls are very young.why a young girl don't do marry a young boy in own country or in other country beside doing marrying a old person.in many many post boys said here that there wife is old some of them hav even kids is this will b problem in approved case.same questions young girls asked about there husband that they are old.

2 . It allready said there that phillipines is highly fraud cases.

I am not point or discourage or disrespecting any one. I saw here many case many of us also saw that many people told about there marriages how thy start how thy end,

Rest of I wish good look .once again don't take my thoughts personally.

Timeline

There seems to be a lot of comments about my relationship with her son. I accepted him from the very beginning of our relationship. he was a part of all our conversations. I even want ed to see him when I visited but I was told he couldn't. I brought gifts for him and even printed pictures of him here and hung them in my house. I prepared the elementary school of his arrival and had his immunizations at the medical exam. I was not there to spend actual time with him but that doesn't mean I loved him any less. I cared so much for him that I chose to do a K-2 visa so that he would not suffer through a one year separation from his mother. I have 2 children of my own and know how this feels. After reading a lot of your posts I think I shouldn't give up. I'm going to save my money and next month try again. But this time it will have to be just the K-1 and not with the K-2. I think it should succeed. I was wondering though if during her second interview the CO had a problem with my relationship with her son, why didn't he just approve the K-1 and disapprove the K-2? Also, why didn't the first interview CO mention anything wrong with her son and I?

It's interesting how your actions says one thing and your words say another.

You pretty much let the CO know you don't care about the kid, you tell us you love the kid and now you're just going to leave the boy behind... What does your future wife say about this?

They can't approve the K1 and deny the K2 when the basis of the denial is they probably see the bona fide relationship because a) you didn't bother showing them proof you love your wife and b) you don't care about her son.

Why would you want to petition only for your fiance and leave the boy behind? How old is the boy? What does your future wife say?

Timeline

It's interesting how your actions says one thing and your words say another.

You pretty much let the CO know you don't care about the kid, you tell us you love the kid and now you're just going to leave the boy behind... What does your future wife say about this?

They can't approve the K1 and deny the K2 when the basis of the denial is they probably see the bona fide relationship because a) you didn't bother showing them proof you love your wife and b) you don't care about her son.

Why would you want to petition only for your fiance and leave the boy behind? How old is the boy? What does your future wife say?

Maria&Seve, when Ailee and P first started courting she actually said her son could follow her a year later. I was the one that wanted him to come with her at the same time. I talked to her last night and she said it would be best for us now to try just the K-1 and petition her son later. Don't judge my love for her son based on this. I don't like the situation but it is the only solution right now. In addition, when I applied for K-2 there were no instructions to prove a relationship. What if the child was just 2 months old?

based on your remarks about the son, I would disapprove you too. Not that I don't think her love for you is genuine, but your reciprocity for her (through her son) is absolutely not there and with a good mother, this will inevitably lead to divorce anyway possibly within the first two years. Furthermore, as I write this, any woman who can stand for a man to have that attitude towards their flesh and blood, need to reconsider their motives for the relationship. A marriage is about the combining of two families. I would never ever ever marry a man who doesn't love my son the same or even more than he loves me. I would die for my son and I expect my husband (regardless of biology) to do the same. This is the first and last warning sign for me, is a man who is not interested in my child or his welfare. If the guy and my son do not bond, I am out.

Petitioning for a child at a later date is not necessarily a problem. I will be petitioning for my step-down to follow as soon after my wife is approved. He us in the fourth grade, and we decided to let him finish the year in a private school before he arrives. He will be living with my suster-in-law who lives just seconds from the excellent school.

I think you need to demonstrate more effort to get to know the child. What folks have stated here us mostly correct. I just think that you need to place the child next to your wife as a matter of importance in your life. You need to feel this instinctively. You're a father of children. You shouldn't need any of us to tell you this.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Sorry to say nobody need to take personally everybody have there own experience way of thoughts . I just said what I read and seeing .

1. American men are old and Phil girls are very young.why a young girl don't do marry a young boy in own country or in other country beside doing marrying a old person.in many many post boys said here that there wife is old some of them hav even kids is this will b problem in approved case.same questions young girls asked about there husband that they are old.

2 . It allready said there that phillipines is highly fraud cases.

I am not point or discourage or disrespecting any one. I saw here many case many of us also saw that many people told about there marriages how thy start how thy end,

Rest of I wish good look .once again don't take my thoughts personally.

I am not taking it personally but your comment about age differences is not the issue in this topic nor is it the OP's problem.

Older men with younger woman from the Philippines get approved all the time. We don't even know the age difference so your comment was irrelevant

to the core of this topic. Philippines is not a high fraud country by the way.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

Maria&Seve, when Ailee and P first started courting she actually said her son could follow her a year later. I was the one that wanted him to come with her at the same time. I talked to her last night and she said it would be best for us now to try just the K-1 and petition her son later. Don't judge my love for her son based on this. I don't like the situation but it is the only solution right now. In addition, when I applied for K-2 there were no instructions to prove a relationship. What if the child was just 2 months old?

No, it's not the only solution. All you need is more face time with fiance and child and evidence to proof it.

Again for the 3. time, if your case is still pending at the embassy and hasn't been returned yet, then you can try to troubleshoot this

petition without having to file again. You seem to either not have read my previous posts or are just avoiding your options.

If you absolutely don't have the funds now to make another visit and request another interview with you being there

in person, then at least try to submit more evidence with a senatorial inquiry and mail it all to her so she can submit it.

If there is nothing else to submit then you have to go through the expense to file again. Either way it costs money, visiting now and

trying to save this petition or traveling later and re filing. Traveling before re filing is definitely needed.

What reason was given by your fiance that you can't see the child when you requested to see him ? That is odd.

I strongly advice you to stay with her and her family and not in a hotel the next time to get a more in depth feel of reality.

Observe and make mental notes who comes and goes. It can be a real eye opener. Cheaper too !

IF the child were 2 months old you would have photos of holding it, caring for it and being in the same place at the same time

with it and it's mother.

Spoiler

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

No, it's not the only solution. All you need is more face time with fiance and child and evidence to proof it.

Again for the 3. time, if your case is still pending at the embassy and hasn't been returned yet, then you can try to troubleshoot this

petition without having to file again. You seem to either not have read my previous posts or are just avoiding your options.

If you absolutely don't have the funds now to make another visit and request another interview with you being there

in person, then at least try to submit more evidence with a senatorial inquiry and mail it all to her so she can submit it.

If there is nothing else to submit then you have to go through the expense to file again. Either way it costs money, visiting now and

trying to save this petition or traveling later and re filing. Traveling before re filing is definitely needed.

What reason was given by your fiance that you can't see the child when you requested to see him ? That is odd.

I strongly advice you to stay with her and her family and not in a hotel the next time to get a more in depth feel of reality.

Observe and make mental notes who comes and goes. It can be a real eye opener. Cheaper too !

IF the child were 2 months old you would have photos of holding it, caring for it and being in the same place at the same time

with it and it's mother.

Thanks for the advise. How do I find out if the case is still pending? I emailed the embassy 4 days ago and haven't received a response. I'm also curious where to find the requirements on establishing a relationship with a K-2 filer? I can't find anything on it.

I'd imagine the requirements are the same as for a K1. You need pics, you need face time., you need to show interest past showing that you can give them money for the kid.

If the kid was 2 months, you'd have pics. You could also say their favorie blankey, do they breastfeed/formula feed? Do they prefer swing, bouncer, or just laying on a pallet? Are they meeting their current milestones? Do they like tummy time? You can still know a lot about 2 month old.
But still, pics are number 1.

As for the fiance not letting him meet the son the first time, I could see that (and it's the only thing of them that I'd defend). I didn't let my fiance meet my daughter the first time because I wanted to make sure that he was legit, because when it comes to meeting people online you just never know. Of course this was under the assumption he'd come back and meet her and stay at our home the next time, which he did. He's stayed at our home every time since the first, we've made sure to make a point of doing the "normal" routine, as if he was living with us and not visiting. This included school stuff, therapy appointments for my daughter, etc.

I understand her not letting him meet the son the first time, what I don't understand is her not pushing for him to meet her son at all past that, and just go ahead and get engaged.

Overall, I have a hard time believing you'd be approved with K2 without meeting her son. I'm sure a lot of people agree that you really need to go back there and spend quality time, if you don't have the funds, wait til you do, if you don't have the time, wait til you do. Yes, this could mean a year from now, but it's better than the current path you're on.

Edited by Ash.1101

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

WHAT IN THE WORLD???? WHAT A FLABBERGASTING QUESTION! MY GOSH!!

Edited by Lowlie

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2014-09-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-09-08 I-130

I-130 Appr5oved : 2015-02-22

NVC Received : 2015-03-09

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-03-20

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-03-28

Send AOS Package : 2015-04-28

Submit DS-261 : 2015-04-25

Receive IV Bill : 2015-04-14

Pay IV Bill : 2015-04-22

Send IV Package : 2015-04-28

Scanned date: 2015-04-28

Check list : 2015-06-07

Check list scanned: 2015-06-10

Sent to Supervisor 49 days after scanned: 2015-07-28

Case Complete 7 days after it went to Supervisor: 2015-08-05

Interview Appointment Letter from NVC: 2015-13-10

Case shows as READY 2015-10-19

Medical done: 2015-16-11

Interview Date: 2015-11-18

APPROVED....GOD IS GREAT!!!!! PRAISE THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY! :goofy:

Case changed from "Ready" to "AP" on 19th, then to "Issued" on 22nd

Visa was ready for pick up November 3rd in the afternoon

VISA IN HAND! THANK YOU GOD!

Timeline

Thanks for the advise. How do I find out if the case is still pending? I emailed the embassy 4 days ago and haven't received a response. I'm also curious where to find the requirements on establishing a relationship with a K-2 filer? I can't find anything on it.

Contact your senator and have him make an inquiry where your case is and if she can have another interview.

Then be there in support with more evidence or at the very least send her more evidence to submit.

Best shot is you be there if granted another interview. Please read my previous posts about it in this thread.

As far as a list of requirements on how to establish a relationship with a K1 filer's child, there is none. It's common sense to bond with the child

just as you did with the mother and then prove it with evidence.

Don't look at this a a 'requirement' but look at it as a naturally occurring event and one that has a flow of depth.

You are focused on technicalities and rules and requirements and don't understand the discretionary power of CO's.

If they feel something is off, be it right or wrong, true or false, whatever they decide goes.

Instead of looking for 'requirements on establishing a relationship' just go and establish one on the foundation of real face time.

Spoiler

Timeline

What about it? Why are you so reluctant to getting to spending time and getting to know him? Looking for "requirements" of relationship with him. It's a package deal, you can't choose her and not him. If you pick her as your wife, her son will be your step son and you should love him as much as you love her. Go there and spend time with both of them, get to know your son.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

You shouldn't build a relationship with her son only for the visa! You're planning to spend the rest of your life with this person, and you're not even interested in her own kid - who's going to be your step son?

Also... how come you only visited her once for 4 days?

Maybe, instead of spending money on visas, you should spend some money on another plane ticket, and get to know her and her son first.

Good luck!

2012: met the woman of my life :wub:

June 2014: filed I-129F

May 2015: visa in hand - got married (L)

June 2015: filed I-485 and I-765

October 2015: EAD

November 2015: Potential Interview Waiver Notice

February 2016: AOS Case transferred to San Francisco office

March 2016: GC in hand (no interview)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.