Yana32

March 2 - noa1

36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

OP, 6 months is normal. I got lucky and was out of TSC after 170 days (NOA1 to NOA2.) But there are others who have spent more than 200 days waiting. Hopefully you'll get your NOA2 soon.

Edited by chaoticlogic

K1 until Green Card

01/13/15 - I-129F package sent

01/15/15 - Arrived at Texas Service Center (sigh...)

01/27/15 - NOA1 in hand

07/16/15 - Case was approved!

07/21/15 - NOA2 in hand

07/24/15 - Case sent to NVC

08/03/15 - NVC Case # Assigned / Case sent to embassy (estimate)

08/05/15 - Arrived at embassy

08/12/15 - Packet 3 received

08/17/15 - Packet 3 sent

08/28/15 - Packet 4 received

09/28/15 - Medical

09/30/15 - Interview - approved

10/07/15 - K1 Visa in hand

10/22/15 - POE

11/06/15 - Married!

12/15/15 - I-485 package sent
02/29/16 - I-485 approved (interview waived)

03/08/16 - Green Card in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you guys for all your replies.. Do you know if the estimates here in VJ gives a spot on? It says we will br adjudicated somewhere brtween aug 27 - sept 22. I hope its really soon. :)

Yana, there are two March K-1 filer threads. One for both CSC and TSC and one exclusively for TSC. I suggest following at least the TSC one so you can see the March TSC filers getting approved and share your joy! That will give you a place where you can see what people have gone through to the next step too.

TSC March filer thread (last page): http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/541580-i-129f-filers-march-2015-noa1-date-tsc-only/page-22#entry7788857

General March filer thread (last page): http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/539166-march-2015-k-1-filers/page-155#entry7786976

Yes, you are almost there!

Timeline

Thanks amhara, i am going to check the tsc march filers. Do you have any idea if estimates here in VJ are good? I pray everyday for our case to be just ok. We have given up so many opportunities in job and life is put on hold for awhile because this might need full attention after noa2.

Thanks amhara, i am going to check the tsc march filers. Do you have any idea if estimates here in VJ are good? I pray everyday for our case to be just ok. We have given up so many opportunities in job and life is put on hold for awhile because this might need full attention after noa2.

No, they aren't accurate. However, they are a good tool to see where the rest of the VJ members are in their process and an average of where your NOA2 may land. I think it's close enough, though. Some will get their NOA2 earlier and some later. For example, there are still some January 2015 waiting, while some March 2015 filers are getting approved.

Since TSC doesn't seem to process K-1 petitions anymore, then maybe they will finish our September with one last good faith effort push to get their cases out the door and on to NVC! For our case, we got notifications late in the evening, so I suggest you don't drive yourself crazy during the day. Make sure your USCIS account has the electronic notifications turned "ON", even if you sent in the e-notification form with the petition.

Keep in mind your sacrifices will be worth it!

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

No, they aren't accurate. However, they are a good tool to see where the rest of the VJ members are in their process and an average of where your NOA2 may land. I think it's close enough, though. Some will get their NOA2 earlier and some later. For example, there are still some January 2015 waiting, while some March 2015 filers are getting approved.

Since TSC doesn't seem to process K-1 petitions anymore, then maybe they will finish our September with one last good faith effort push to get their cases out the door and on to NVC! For our case, we got notifications late in the evening, so I suggest you don't drive yourself crazy during the day. Make sure your USCIS account has the electronic notifications turned "ON", even if you sent in the e-notification form with the petition.

Keep in mind your sacrifices will be worth it!

Ohhh ok ok.... Thats really encouraging :) i guess i should just relax a little and be excited about this all and hopefully iy doesnt take long. Are you also waiting for your noa2? Whats your noa1 date?

Ohhh ok ok.... That's really encouraging :) i guess i should just relax a little and be excited about this all and hopefully it doesn't take long. Are you also waiting for your noa2? Whats your noa1 date?

You can see the dates in my signature below. We got through CSC right before the mass workload transfer, so that part was kinda quick. At that time, CSC was taking longer to send cases to NVC, and CSC doesn't update the USCIS account when the case is transfered like the TSC does.

But right now, we are 115 days at the USEM. Our case took 6 weeks to get the interview, a month later for the interview, and so far, 52 days in AP. Our AP should be close to be done now (at least that's what the embassy said three weeks ago), so we are hopeful. I understand the insecurity and frustration of waiting. Stay positive! Many people on the general CSC filer thread that were from the Philippines have already entered the US - they all had easy interviews and few problems. I really hope the same experience for you Yana!!!

Signature coming soon...

I'm a Feb filer and still waiting waiting waiting! This has to be the hardest part of this journey. :girlwerewolf2xn:

K1-K2 VISA
FEBRUARY 2015 APPLIED FOR I-129F K1-K2
RECIEVED NOA1
AUGUST 2015 RECIEVED NOA2
SEPTEMBER 2015 SENT TO THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE
RECIEVED SYDNEY CASE NUMBER
CASE SENT TO THE SYDNEY EMBASSY
SEPTEMBER 2015 COMPLETED DS-160 K1-K2
OCTOBER 2015 MEDICAL COMPLETED
INTERVIEW - APPROVED
VISA ISSUED

DECEMBER 2015 ARRIVED INTO THE USA POA DALLAS TX 26TH DECEMBER
JANUARY 2016 MARRIED 29TH JANUARY
FEBRUARY 2016 SSN CARD RECIEVED

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS
MARCH 2016 SENT AOS PACKAGE K1-K2 21ST MARCH                                                       JUNE 2016 RECIEVED GREEN CARD K1-K2 11TH JUNE
ARRIVED AT THE CHICAGO LOCKBAG FACILITY 23RD MARCH

APRIL 2016 RECIEVED NOA 1 FOR AOS/EAD/AP 5TH APRIL
RECIEVED BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENTS 30TH APRIL
MAY 2016 BIOMETRICS TAKEN 10TH MAY

AP/EAD APPROVED K1 13TH MAY

COMBO CARD ARRIVED 21ST MAY

JUNE 2016 APPROVED AOS (NO INTERVIEW) K1-K2 3RD JUNE

Timeline

Thanks amhara!!!! Feeling positive now :) our time will come.. The notebook, i wish you a happy visa journey too! Lets keep each other posted! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

March 23 here !!..I see tons of cases approved from March ..I called they told me they are working on end of February.

When did you call?? My NOA1 date is Feb 26 and they wouldn't tell me any date other then December 21 2014.

K1 VISA

02.25.2015 - NOA1
04.08.2015 - Address Change
09.08.2015 - Case Assigned to an Officer

10.16.2015 - Official case status inquiry submitted by a tier 2 officer over the phone

10.20.2015 - NOA2 (F)

10.30.2015 - Case was sent to the Department of State

11.06. 2015 - Case was received by NVC

11.10.2015 - Case was sent to the Embassy in Vancouver (I called NVC)

11.16.2015 - Case was received by the Embassy in Vancouver

01.12.2016 - Interview (APPROVED)

01.18.2016 - Visa received

01.21.2016 - POE
03.25.2016 - MARRIAGE (L)

AOS

04.22.2016 - NOA1

01.18.2016 - Visa received

07.11.2016 - Employment / AP Card Approval

08.22.2016 - Returned to USA using AP with no issues (5 days in Canada)

09.23.2016 - Green Card has been approved!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

This waiting is killing me what makes it worst is to not be with my husband especially now when he might need surgery..i'm going crazy over here...we are married for 5 yrs and we never been apart this year has been the worst year of my life..
I wish all of you patience and luck!

Prayers and Blessings!

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks amhara!!!! Feeling positive now :) our time will come.. The notebook, i wish you a happy visa journey too! Lets keep each other posted! :)

Will do! Happy waiting to you. I'm expecting to get an RFE before I get my NOA2, cause I realised my fiancé answered a question wrong on our I-129f :oops:

K1-K2 VISA
FEBRUARY 2015 APPLIED FOR I-129F K1-K2
RECIEVED NOA1
AUGUST 2015 RECIEVED NOA2
SEPTEMBER 2015 SENT TO THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE
RECIEVED SYDNEY CASE NUMBER
CASE SENT TO THE SYDNEY EMBASSY
SEPTEMBER 2015 COMPLETED DS-160 K1-K2
OCTOBER 2015 MEDICAL COMPLETED
INTERVIEW - APPROVED
VISA ISSUED

DECEMBER 2015 ARRIVED INTO THE USA POA DALLAS TX 26TH DECEMBER
JANUARY 2016 MARRIED 29TH JANUARY
FEBRUARY 2016 SSN CARD RECIEVED

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS
MARCH 2016 SENT AOS PACKAGE K1-K2 21ST MARCH                                                       JUNE 2016 RECIEVED GREEN CARD K1-K2 11TH JUNE
ARRIVED AT THE CHICAGO LOCKBAG FACILITY 23RD MARCH

APRIL 2016 RECIEVED NOA 1 FOR AOS/EAD/AP 5TH APRIL
RECIEVED BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENTS 30TH APRIL
MAY 2016 BIOMETRICS TAKEN 10TH MAY

AP/EAD APPROVED K1 13TH MAY

COMBO CARD ARRIVED 21ST MAY

JUNE 2016 APPROVED AOS (NO INTERVIEW) K1-K2 3RD JUNE

Timeline

When did you call?? My NOA1 date is Feb 26 and they wouldn't tell me any date other then December 21 2014.

I called Monday..that's what they told me.

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.Ralph Waldo Emerson

This waiting is killing me what makes it worst is to not be with my husband especially now when he might need surgery..i'm going crazy over here...we are married for 5 yrs and we never been apart this year has been the worst year of my life..

I wish all of you patience and luck!

Prayers and Blessings!

I don't know if you've looked into it, but if you might want to see if you can expedite your request. (http://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria) If you are the USC/LPR, and you can prove that if your husband has surgery overseas would cause you severe financial loss (such as needing to maintain two households if he's incapacitated) then it might be worth a shot. It's based on the facts of your case, but your situation may warrant it?

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

I don't know if you've looked into it, but if you might want to see if you can expedite your request. (http://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria) If you are the USC/LPR, and you can prove that if your husband has surgery overseas would cause you severe financial loss (such as needing to maintain two households if he's incapacitated) then it might be worth a shot. It's based on the facts of your case, but your situation may warrant it?

Thank you ..my lawyer is working on that..since i was found inadmissible this past january i will also have a 601-212 to file after 130 is approved we are working on right now to expedite..Thank you Amhara

Timeline

Hi all! Who received noa1 on march 2 and still waiting? We are still waiting and cant see any sign of it coming yet. Going 6 mos. i hope its just still normal.

Hey, I have heard it can take up to 5 to 6 months to get an approval, So I'd suggest you to give them a call and see what is your case status..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.