Unshakable Faith

I-129F Filers, March 2015 NOA1 date! TSC only!

920 posts in this topic

APPROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ESCAPED THE BLACK HOLE!

Wow I could not believe it! Only off my prediction by 7 days!

Celebration now in Tennessee. Linh leaves in 60 hours to go back to Vietnam. Perfect timing! We are blessed

Good Luck to All

Just saw this. Congrats good sir! :D your prediction was quite close! Best of luck with the rest of your journey! I'm at the embassy stage now.

I didn't receive notice of an approval today, but I did receive notice that we've been sent an RFE and I'm still overjoyed. I'm just happy there's finally been some progress! Congrats to everyone who has been approved.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!

Just got the notification from the case app and checked online!!!! approved on august 24, from the SRC159023 lot!!!!!!!

Congrats!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

March 23 here ....Waiting & Waiting! POSITIVE POSITIVE!

Congrats for those who got approved!!

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.Ralph Waldo Emerson

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats to those who were approved!

I checked our case status this morning and still nothing, but the case right before ours (!!!), also 129F, got approved yesterday. Hopefully this means we won't have to wait very long, but I've spent enough time on these boards to know by now not to put too much stock into that. TSC is fickle!

K1 Visa timeline: Application sent to Visa in hand: 10 months and 4 days (Texas Service Center)

02/26/2015: I-129F Application mailed to Texas lockbox

03/05/2015: NOA1 email notification

08/27/2015: NOA2! (176 days)

09/02/2015: Sent to NVC

09/14/2015: Called NVC and obtained MTL case number

09/18/2015: In Transit to MTL consulate

09/21/2015: Consulate received our file (24 days post-NOA2)

09/24/2015: Sent Packet 3 (unprompted, but CEAC status had updated a second time)

09/29/2015: Packet 4 received, interview scheduled. Still haven't received Packet 3, I advise not to wait for it!

10/09/2015: Received Packet 3 in the mail!

11/09/2015: Medical

12/16/2015: K1 Interview in Montreal (111 days from NOA2, 293 days total): Approved!

12/18/2015: CEAC status changed to Nonimmigrant Ready

12/21/2015: CEAC status changed to Nonimmigrant AP

12/24/2015: CEAC status changed to ISSUED! Merry Christmas!!

12/30/2015: Visa in hand

01/15/2016: POE @ Houlton, ME

01/22/2016: Married! (L)

AOS timeline: Application sent to card in hand: 6 months and 7 days.

01/25/2016: Mailed AOS, EAD & AP applications to Chicago via UPS

01/29/2016: NOA1 email notification x3

02/04/2016: Received NOA1 hard copies x3

02/29/2016: Still haven't received biometrics letter, Filed service request

03/30/2016: After more calls to Tier 2 and 2 service requests, letter still not received, USCIS said no appointment has been scheduled. Reached out to Congressman.

04/06/2016: Biometrics letter finally received thanks to Congressman's inquiry (Appointment scheduled 04/18/2016).

04/18/2016: Biometrics appointment

04/25/2016: Officially outside processing times for EAD/AP. Scheduled Infopass appointment for 05/10.

05/21/2016: Finally received email notice that EAD was approved on 05/19 after numerous service requests, infopass appt and ombudsman inquiry

05/23/2016: Received hard-copy letter notifying me that my AP was approved on the same day as my EAD. No hard-copy for EAD yet.

05/28/2016: Received EAD/AP Combo Card (122 days since filing).

06/21/2016: Received email notification of AOS interview (Appointment scheduled 07/21/2016)

07/21/2016: AOS interview. Approved, but file was missing medical. Local office can't issue GC until they receive medical from DOS.

07/25/2016: USCIS case status changed to New Card Is Being Produced!

08/01/2016: Green card in hand. ROC window opens Apr 29, 2018.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

ok I thought i was March 17 but since i read the thread and knew that my NOA1 was March 23 , the date that appear on checking the src ..
the funny part is I was extremely happy when i saw approvals on immifairy for March 17 .. anyway even the senator did not reply on us ..

it is getting darker for me :(

Hi all! Noa1 is march 2 here. Still waiting though. :) hope it wont be long. How do you check the sequence of the src numbers? Thanks

There is no sequence.

USCIS receives about 20,000 applications per quarter, so SRC numbers are assigned according to availability. If you go here

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus

You can plug in your Case number to check your status. However, if you change the last number of your SRC (the last three), you may see the status of a completely different visa application, and one that was filed days, weeks or even months different from yours. For instance, your case number may be SRC1590221***. and when you type it into the link above, it returns the status of your Case file, but also lists that your case file is a I-129f, Received on March 2, etc...

But if you change even just the last digit of your case number by 1, the response may show an I-797 Received on August 8, 2015, or a note that a Green Card was Mailed, tracking number is "....."

No sequence to the numbers, and neither rhyme nor reason to the way TSC chooses files to process.

(Tom)

Edited by Tom and SooGyeong

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is no sequence.

USCIS receives about 20,000 applications per quarter, so SRC numbers are assigned according to availability. If you go here

You can plug in your Case number to check your status. However, if you change the last number of your SRC (the last three), you may see the status of a completely different visa application, and one that was filed days, weeks or even months different from yours. For instance, your case number may be SRC1590221***. and when you type it into the link above, it returns the status of your Case file, but also lists that your case file is a I-129f, Received on March 2, etc...

But if you change even just the last digit of your case number by 1, the response may show an I-797 Received on August 8, 2015, or a note that a Green Card was Mailed, tracking number is "....."

No sequence to the numbers, and neither rhyme nor reason to the way TSC chooses files to process.

(Tom)

Thank you Tom! Our receive date was feb 25 and we received email notif mar 2. Still waiting for noa2. Taking a toll on both of my partner and i but we are trying to be patient. Hoping for the best. And praying for everyone who are still waiting too.

Thank you Tom! Our receive date was feb 25 and we received email notif mar 2. Still waiting for noa2. Taking a toll on both of my partner and i but we are trying to be patient. Hoping for the best. And praying for everyone who are still waiting too.

If you look back to page 20 of this thread, I posted a question, "What is your REAL NOA1". From your description 'Our receive date was feb 25 and we received email notif mar 2' it sounds as if your real NOA1 may be earlier than March 2. The date listed as 'Received' on the Case File Status page when you type in your SRC case file number, is your actual NOA1. It is also the date in the middle of your hardcopy. The date that the notice was sent only refers to the mailing date of your hardcopy, but the date listed as 'Received' is the one that was used to enter your case file into the system.

Ours was mailed on Feb 28th, Received on March 5th, and notice mailed on March 7th. So, we are in the system as March 5th filers.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We were approved last night at long last!!! I was just talking to my fiancee on Skype last night about an hour before we got notice, and telling her that the case before ours had been approved but that we shouldn't get our hopes up too much because it didn't necessarily mean anything, and that we might have to wait another couple of weeks for all we knew. Glad I was wrong!

SO glad that this part is over! Now I just have to review the next steps, it's been so long that I've forgotten most of it. :P

Best of luck to those still waiting! I hope that your turn comes very soon!

Edited by Mad & J

K1 Visa timeline: Application sent to Visa in hand: 10 months and 4 days (Texas Service Center)

02/26/2015: I-129F Application mailed to Texas lockbox

03/05/2015: NOA1 email notification

08/27/2015: NOA2! (176 days)

09/02/2015: Sent to NVC

09/14/2015: Called NVC and obtained MTL case number

09/18/2015: In Transit to MTL consulate

09/21/2015: Consulate received our file (24 days post-NOA2)

09/24/2015: Sent Packet 3 (unprompted, but CEAC status had updated a second time)

09/29/2015: Packet 4 received, interview scheduled. Still haven't received Packet 3, I advise not to wait for it!

10/09/2015: Received Packet 3 in the mail!

11/09/2015: Medical

12/16/2015: K1 Interview in Montreal (111 days from NOA2, 293 days total): Approved!

12/18/2015: CEAC status changed to Nonimmigrant Ready

12/21/2015: CEAC status changed to Nonimmigrant AP

12/24/2015: CEAC status changed to ISSUED! Merry Christmas!!

12/30/2015: Visa in hand

01/15/2016: POE @ Houlton, ME

01/22/2016: Married! (L)

AOS timeline: Application sent to card in hand: 6 months and 7 days.

01/25/2016: Mailed AOS, EAD & AP applications to Chicago via UPS

01/29/2016: NOA1 email notification x3

02/04/2016: Received NOA1 hard copies x3

02/29/2016: Still haven't received biometrics letter, Filed service request

03/30/2016: After more calls to Tier 2 and 2 service requests, letter still not received, USCIS said no appointment has been scheduled. Reached out to Congressman.

04/06/2016: Biometrics letter finally received thanks to Congressman's inquiry (Appointment scheduled 04/18/2016).

04/18/2016: Biometrics appointment

04/25/2016: Officially outside processing times for EAD/AP. Scheduled Infopass appointment for 05/10.

05/21/2016: Finally received email notice that EAD was approved on 05/19 after numerous service requests, infopass appt and ombudsman inquiry

05/23/2016: Received hard-copy letter notifying me that my AP was approved on the same day as my EAD. No hard-copy for EAD yet.

05/28/2016: Received EAD/AP Combo Card (122 days since filing).

06/21/2016: Received email notification of AOS interview (Appointment scheduled 07/21/2016)

07/21/2016: AOS interview. Approved, but file was missing medical. Local office can't issue GC until they receive medical from DOS.

07/25/2016: USCIS case status changed to New Card Is Being Produced!

08/01/2016: Green card in hand. ROC window opens Apr 29, 2018.

Timeline

Congratulations to you!!! :) thats giving me some hope... I hope we too will receive some good news soon. How do you know the cases before you?

If you look back to page 20 of this thread, I posted a question, "What is your REAL NOA1". From your description 'Our receive date was feb 25 and we received email notif mar 2' it sounds as if your real NOA1 may be earlier than March 2. The date listed as 'Received' on the Case File Status page when you type in your SRC case file number, is your actual NOA1. It is also the date in the middle of your hardcopy. The date that the notice was sent only refers to the mailing date of your hardcopy, but the date listed as 'Received' is the one that was used to enter your case file into the system.

Ours was mailed on Feb 28th, Received on March 5th, and notice mailed on March 7th. So, we are in the system as March 5th filers.

Edited by Yana32

Timeline

Ohhh thank you Tom! So our noa1 is feb 25 and 6 months have passed already. I guess its just not our time yet because a lot of feb filers have been approved already and they are starting with march applications.

Congratulations to you!!! :) thats giving me some hope... I hope we too will receive some good news soon. How do you know the cases before you?

Hmmm....

Yana32, you are congratulating Mad & J, but quoting me, so I am not sure who you are asking your question to.

However, as I explained earlier, there truly can be no 'case before you' as Mad & J posted, because TSC does not process files in order, and the NOA1 Case numbers are not in any specific order either. However, there is a chronology to the numbers, and somewhat of an order, based on the internal timestamp of the case files, which cannot be seen on the Receipt.

For example, My case file is SRC1590222846, which is a March 5th NOA1, There are 13 others, (small group, as some days have upwards of 150). I have an APP on my iPhone called Case Buddy. It's free. It allows me to input multiple USCIS case files, and check on the status at anytime, just by selecting 'Update'. Since all of the March 5 cases begin with SRC1590222, that means that I only had to cycle through the 1000 different combinations that are the last 3 digits to locate the other 13 numbers. The smallest being 511 and the largest, (mine) at 846. I have all 14 plugged in to the Case Buddy APP, and can check on all March 5th Files as often as I like. I will know when a fellow March 5th case is Approved, or RFE'd before it is ever posted on Immifairy, and possibly before the lucky Approved Couple does.

So, as Mad & J posted, it IS Possible to know that the file 'Before Yours' is approved. even though it truly is not 'Before', just 'Near'.

Tom

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.