londongal

Unsure...Is this enough?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all :goofy:

So the mister and I are putting together our K1 pack.

I'm checking through everything and have a possibly stupid question for you all.

We met whilst both on vacation in Las Vegas. He lives in the US, I live in the UK. So I have attached my passport stamp (unfortunately lost my boarding pass & ticket, but have also attached my booking itinerary from the travel agent) As he lives in the US already he didn't get a passport stamp and lost his boarding pass and ticket too so we have attached the flight & hotel booking itinerary from the online travel agent and also his bank statements which show he spent money in Las Vegas at the time.

Is this enough?

Also, he came to visit me in London. We have his passport stamp showing entry into the UK & also his flight ticket. Do I need to prove I was in London at the same time even though I live here?

Thanks

:luv:(F)(L)

Our Journey :goofy:

5/23/2015 - Met my love in the US of A

9/21/2015 - Sent off i-129f!

9/25/2015 - Received NOA1

10/27/2015 - Received NOA2!!!!! :dancing:

11/11/2015- Package received by NVC

11/12/2015- Got our case number

12/09/2015 - Medical

01/13/2016 - Interview & APPROVED! :) :dance:

5/17/2016 - Flight booked!!! The big move is finally here!

5/21/2016 - We got marrieddddddddd :wub:

Filing for Adjustment of Status

5/27/2016 - Applied for SSN and changed to married name - (still not received)

6/8/2016- Filed AoS (I-765, I -131, I 485)

6/13/2016 - AoS Received

6/25/2016- NoA

9/20/2016 - EAD & Advanced parole card received!

10/2/2016 - Green card received!!!! :star:

Removal of Conditions

9/21/2018 - Filed package to Texas via USPS priority mail

9/24/2018- Package delivered confirmed

10/19/2018 - i-551 stamp at infopass appointment

10/26/2018 - 18 month extension receipt notice received

zzflag017.gif united-states-flag.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

As long as you have evidence that puts you both in one location at the same time, it is sufficient. The more evidence, the stronger your case. Photos are secondary evidence but if you have photos next to clearly recognizable landmarks, those are much stronger than selfies at say a random restaurant. Pictures together with family and friends are solid to as secondary evidence.

As for primary evidence, my wife and I provided the following from our Singapore vacation in our front load:

1. Airline boarding passes/stubs

2. Passbook stamp photo copies

3. Hotel receipt and room key scans

4. Shopping and restaurant receipts

5. Gift/souvenir receipts

6. Pictures of us near popular Singaporean landmarks like the Sands, Universal Studios and the Singapore Flyer.

Edited by Mike-eeh and Odie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I just included a copy of my passport with the visa stamps to Europe and 8 pictures of us. I had nothing from his passport or any receipts.

Caveat: We also met while attending and working at the same university, so that may have helped.

We had;

- Airline reciept

- Passport stamp

- I-94 (online version)

- bank statement for both of us, showing we made payments at or around the same place and at or around the same time.

- two pictures (and not a really clear ones either) without any distinguishable landmarks.

No RFE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The itenaries show that you purchased the flights, but the boarding passes prove that you took the flight. If he came to visit you, use that in addition to what you already have. The proof that you were home when he came to visit, is by submitting color photos of you two together, restaurant receipts, etc.

I've been reading a lot about this process here on the site. There is a lot of good information here. Now is the best time to file from what I've been reading. Some K1 petitioners are still waiting. I used a visa service, but if you choose to do it yourself, make sure check EVERYTHING over four times. There are lots of checklists here too. Good luck to you both.

Tag

Edited by Tag&Polina

Priority Mailed I-129 on 8/10/15

Tracked and Received by Texas Lockbox 8/12/15

N.O.A.1 email/text 08/17/15

N.O.A. 1 hard copy 8/21/15

R.F.E. 09/02/15 ?

N.O.A. 2 email/text 09/24/15

N.O.A. 2 hard copy 09/28/15

N.V.C. Received 10/15/15

N.V.C Case#10/19/15

N.V.C. In Transit 10/20/15

Case Received 10/22/15

Medical 11/17/

Appointment date 11/18/15

Approval 11/18/15!!!!!!!!!!

P.O.E. J.F.K.- 11/27/15 ?????

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all :goofy:

So the mister and I are putting together our K1 pack.

I'm checking through everything and have a possibly stupid question for you all.

We met whilst both on vacation in Las Vegas. He lives in the US, I live in the UK. So I have attached my passport stamp (unfortunately lost my boarding pass & ticket, but have also attached my booking itinerary from the travel agent) As he lives in the US already he didn't get a passport stamp and lost his boarding pass and ticket too so we have attached the flight & hotel booking itinerary from the online travel agent and also his bank statements which show he spent money in Las Vegas at the time.

Is this enough?

Also, he came to visit me in London. We have his passport stamp showing entry into the UK & also his flight ticket. Do I need to prove I was in London at the same time even though I live here?

Thanks

:luv:(F)(L)

Yes, the passport stamps from both your trips, plus the extras like the receipts and bank statements are good. You can add in some photos of you two together from each trip as secondary evidence to show you were together.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

We just put:

Two airplane stubs from two of his trips and two pictures, I also detailed EVERY time he's come into the US with timeframes and where he stayed in the "explain how you met" extra page. No RFE.

Edited by Ash.1101

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.