MASH

Birth Certificate ?????

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello Everybody,

This is the first time of me writing here but I have observed that people are very wise regarding about the K1 visa and was hoping for some help

Me and my fiancé got approved and got the NOA2 in the mail , while researching I found out me being the beneficiary I need to have a proof of birth certificate but sadly is I don't have my Iranian birth certificate as I was born there

Story goes I am Iranian came to Canada when I was 1 and got my Canadian citizenship so I didn't really think I would ever need it but once I found my American fiancé and saw according to people's post here I need it for the interview but if I don't have it what should I do?

Is there anyone that had the same problem or is there something else I can show beside a birth certificate ???

Any advice would be appreciated thank you

Edited by MASH

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

My fiancée is in a similar but slightly different situation- the dates of birth in her passport, national ID and passport are all different...

Really unsure how to handle that, we have used here passport date for filling in the I-129f and g-325.

My fiancée is in a similar but slightly different situation- the dates of birth in her passport, national ID and passport are all different...

Really unsure how to handle that, we have used here passport date for filling in the I-129f and g-325.

Timeline

Is there anyway you can get it?

Sadly I can't go there to get it, is there anyway I can get it in Canada ?

Citizenship Journey:

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

This is information copied directly from the pinned subject K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures

What about birth certificates, some people have trouble getting them? This is a problem for us also. Some people, especially our younger staff, think all the world is like the USA. I remember one, when I was in the Kansas City office, the beneficiary was from Viet Nam, she was born in 1954 there was no birth certificate. The CO asked me about this and I looked at the file. I said "Do you know what was going on in Viet Nam in 1954?" She looked at me, straight faced and said "What, their computers were down?" wacko.gif If a birth certificate cannot be obtained they can usually get something from a church, a village official, something, and send that with a letter of explanation. Or just their passport and a letter explaining the situation (this applies to AOS more than I-129f as beneficiary birth certificate is not required for the petition, but I wanted to ask anyway, it seems a common question here)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You could research about trying to get the Shenasnameh from your birth in Iran, but you can also email the consulate in Vancouver and explain your situation. Ask them what you would need in place of a birth certificate from Iran, since you are not sure you would be able to obtain one.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/IR.html

Birth Certificates

Unavailable.

Identity Certificates (Shenasnameh)

Available. Identity certificates (Shenasnameh) showing the date and place of birth, parents' names, place of residence, and marital history where appropriate, are issued to Iranian nationals in urban centers by the Department of National Registration and Statistics (Edareh Sabt Ahval va Omar) and in rural regions by district (Bakhsh) offices of the Department. These are accepted by the Embassy in lieu of birth certificates for visa purposes. Information contained in these certificates must be evaluated with the understanding that certain data, particularly dates and places, may be inaccurate. No official fee is charged for delivering documents to the applicants. When these documents are requested from abroad, an indefinite waiting period should be expected before a reply is received.

Birth or baptismal certificates emanating from ecclesiastic authorities of the church to which non-Moslem applicants belong are frequently of doubtful value. Moslem ecclesiastic authorities in Iran issue no documents to visa applicants.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

You could research about trying to get the Shenasnameh from your birth in Iran, but you can also email the consulate in Vancouver and explain your situation. Ask them what you would need in place of a birth certificate from Iran, since you are not sure you would be able to obtain one.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/IR.html

Birth Certificates

Unavailable.

Identity Certificates (Shenasnameh)

Available. Identity certificates (Shenasnameh) showing the date and place of birth, parents' names, place of residence, and marital history where appropriate, are issued to Iranian nationals in urban centers by the Department of National Registration and Statistics (Edareh Sabt Ahval va Omar) and in rural regions by district (Bakhsh) offices of the Department. These are accepted by the Embassy in lieu of birth certificates for visa purposes. Information contained in these certificates must be evaluated with the understanding that certain data, particularly dates and places, may be inaccurate. No official fee is charged for delivering documents to the applicants. When these documents are requested from abroad, an indefinite waiting period should be expected before a reply is received.

Birth or baptismal certificates emanating from ecclesiastic authorities of the church to which non-Moslem applicants belong are frequently of doubtful value. Moslem ecclesiastic authorities in Iran issue no documents to visa applicants.

thank you for your amazing advice,

now i just need to know were to get the identity certificate, since the Iran embassy is no longer in Canada i think for 1 - 2 years i believe unless things have changed, would you happen to know were i can obtain it except of actually going to Iran? and im looking into the website you provided but i dont see the time frame on how long it takes to physically get it

Edited by MASH

Citizenship Journey:

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Sorry, I personally do not know. You would have to try searching online to see if there is a way to apply online or through the mail when not in Iran.

I would still explain the situation to your consulate and ask them if it is absolutely needed. Let them know all the details about going to Canada when you were 1 and there not being an Iranian Embassy there to try and get the ID certificate. Perhaps they will tell you it is not needed or give you options for other documents you can bring instead.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Canada closed their Embassy in Tehran, but not sure if they did the same here. Iran Embassy in Ottawa Canada Canadian%20Flag%20-%20Animated.gif

Find Embassies of foreign countries in Ottawa Canada. We hope this drectory helps you locate the embassy in Canada that you are looking for.

Iran - Diplomatic Missions

Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Iran

245 Metcalfe Street , Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K2P 2K2

Telephone (613) 235-4726 / 240-6755 (24H)

Fax (613) 232-5712

Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Iran - Consular Section

Telephone (613)233-4726

Fax (613)236-4726

Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Iran - Visa Section

Telephone (613) 235-6736

K1 Visa Journey

Event Date
Service Center: Vermont Service Center
Consulate: Montreal, Canada
I-129F Sent: 2012-12-27
I-129F NOA1: 2013-01-17
I-129F RFE(s): 2013-05-31
RFE Reply(s): 2013-06-04
I-129F NOA2: 2013-12-19

Consulate Received: 2014-04-17
Packet 3 Received: 2014-06-13
Packet 3 Sent: 2014-06-17
Packet 4 Received: 2014-08-27
Interview Date: 2014-10-24

Interview Result: Administrative Review
Second Interview
(If Required): No
Approved: 2014-07-17
Visa in hand: 2014-07-21

Adjustment of Status

Event Date
CIS Office: Chicago Lockbox/Tampa FL
Date Filed: 2015-12-07
NOA Date: 2015-12-16
NOA Hardcopy: 2015-12-21
RFE(s):
Bio. Appt.:
AOS Transfer**:
Interview Date:
Approval / Denial Date:
Approved:
Got I551 Stamp:
Green card Received:
Comments: Angry white men be like

xfarp.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.