Saylin

NVC Filers - August 2015

883 posts in this topic

I think you should call the NVC and ask them what the problem is, also ask how you might be able to pay by mail since you have no IV invoice to attach?

Or maybe just wait a day or two and try paying again? But I would suggest just calling them and getting this resolved instead of wasting another day or two.

Contacting NVC is such a nightmare. My husband is getting frustrated. He is thinking of just taking a screenshot of the CEAC payment portal, with my name and the IV fee to be paid, and send it together with the money order. What do you guys think?!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Contacting NVC is such a nightmare. My husband is getting frustrated. He is thinking of just taking a screenshot of the CEAC payment portal, with my name and the IV fee to be paid, and send it together with the money order. What do you guys think?!!

No no. Do not do anything out of frustration. And if your husband isn't getting the time to call, why don't you just call?

It is tedious I know. But we don't have any other option. Just call and ask.

30-Dec-2014: Married

19-Jan-2015: I-130 Sent

21-Jan-2015: NOA

16-Jul-2015: NOA 2 (No RFE's! Yayy)

15-Jul-2015: Case sent to NVC

22-Jul-2015: Case received by NVC

5-Aug-2015: Case # and IIN assigned

6-Aug-2015: Filled and submitted DS-261

7-Aug-2015: AOS fee invoiced and paid(Status: In Process)

10-Aug-2015: AOS fees changed to PAID

10-Aug-2015: AOS and IV packages sent

12-Aug-2015: AOS and IV packages received(SCAN DATE)

13-Aug-2015: DS-261 reviewed over the phone

14-Aug-2015: IV fee invoice received

15-Aug-2015: IV fee paid(Status: In Process)

19-Aug-2015: IV fee status changed to PAID

19-Aug-2015: DS-260 completed

21st-Sept-2015: Put on supervisor review :(

03-Nov-2015: Case Complete!!

14-Dec-2015: Interview Day!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Very unfortunate to hear. What you propose will work but I recommend calling the NVC and getting them to resolve it. It is a nightmare to contact them but they say paying it online will be quicker.

Timeline

SD july 16th . guys is electronic processing even worst than the regular mail processing. ? anyone has idea about electronic processing n the time frame for review. thanks

Based on what I understand the 30 days to review your documents should be what you would go by. Looks like you should be up soon for a case complete. I would expect something this week.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi.

1. I am just going to check the "Technology not available" box for full name in native alphabet field.

2. I have not used my maiden name anywhere since I officially changed it a few months ago. So I am just putting my new name everywhere. Basically, use whatever name appears in your passport.

Thanks Urvashi!

Timeline

My bad, I might have misread than. But I will defintely keep you guys posted. You rock dude!

Ahhh gotcha! That makes sense!! Glad to know ... kinda threw me off a little lol

Honestly though you two are great! I'm real happy knowing you guys are just a couple steps ahead and I can ask you both questions :)

I agree with you. They both are great. It helps a lot. I am also in the same situation like vajaster. The image he/she attached was very helpful. I have the same. So Urvasi reply was very helpful to me too. This forum is very active and very helpful. Appreciate everybody's help. We have to keep replying even aftter we get the green card so that it will be helpful for others.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Case complete!!

Checklist scan date: July 28

Case complete: august 18

Thank you everyone!!!

USCIS:

2015/3/23: I-130 Sent: (Let's start the waiting game!)

2015/3/25: NOA1 Sent by email, case routed to the USCIS California Service Center (hardcopy 2015/6/4)

2015/4/21: NOA2 (email; got hardcopy in 2015/5/6)

NVC:

2015/5/21: Got NVC case # and IIN

2015/5/29: Filled DS261 online

2015/6/1: Payed AOS fee online

2015/6/5: Sent AOS and IV packages

2015/6/8: DS261 reviewed over the phone

2015/6/8: Scan Date

2015/7/5: Payed IV fee online

2015/7/8: Filled DS260

2015/7/23: Checklist!!

2015/7/25: Checklist Scan Date

2015/8/18: NVC CC

2015/9/11: Interview Scheduled for October 8th (no letter yet, just called NVC!)

2015/10/1: Medical

2015/10/8: Interview - Approved!!!

2015/10/30: POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Filled the I-30 today!!!

As I need a lone I-212 (previous removal) I´ll wait the I-30 receipt (NOA-1) to fill it!!!

Luck, luck, luck luck for all of us!!!

:joy::joy::joy::joy::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I´LL START TO LIVE BACK AGAIN WHEN I´LL BE ON MY HUBBY´S ARMS, FOREVER AND EVER. UNTIL THERE, I DON´T LIVE. I SURVIVE. (L)

event.png

Timeline

Hey guys, anybody still have difficulties paying IV fees online? Whenever my husband attempts to pay, he could encode his personal and bank details, but the page would always end up empty. He repeated the process 3x already but nothing!! We are thinking of paying by mail, but having second thoughts, since we have no IV invoice to attach. We are at our wits end. Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated, we don't know what to do anymore!!

Did you try different browsers. Like Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer. Different computers.

Did you try different browsers. Like Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer. Different computers.

Thank you! I will suggest that to my husband!!

Timeline

Hi guys, I have a simple question for y'all. I am employed and the sole sponsor for my spouse and she is the only person who is being sponsored. Therefore, I am eligible to file the 864EZ.

Does the 864EZ process faster than the 864? With the 864EZ, I do not plan on including information regarding assets or bank statements, but I do plan on showing past 3 years of tax transcripts. Is it better to submit more paperwork and does that make it slower to process than submitting the bare minimum?

Thanks

If you guys have any questions specifically for me,

I will be glad to help via private message.

01-22-15 - married (L)
02-09-15 - i130 sent
02-10-15 - i130 received
02-12-15 - i130 NOA1; scanned
02-23-15 - i129f NOA1; scanned
07-30-15 - i130 NOA2; approved, i129f RFE
08-07-15 - i129f response rec'd
08-10-15 - i130 sent/received by nvc
08-14-15 - i130 nvc scan
08-19-15 - i129 NOA2; approved
08-21-15 - case #, IIN, BIN assigned, 261 completed
08-24-15 - Paid for AOS fee (IN PROCESS)
08-25-15 - AOS Fee (PAID), DS-261 reviewed on phone, email added to system, Sent AOS/IV package(I-864EZ, '14/'13/'12 tax transcripts, most recent pay stub, birth/marriage/police clearance cert.'s, 2 passport photos, 2 front/2 back passport pages)
08-26-15 - Paid for IV fee (IN PROCESS), AOS/IV package SCAN DATE, rec'd first e-mail from nvc
08-27-15 - IV Fee (PAID), DS-260 Submitted
09-16-15 - CASE COMPLETE (21 days since documents' scan, 1 months 2 days since NVC scan date)
09-21-15 - P4 Interview letter received
10-01-15 - Medical @10am, Case "In Transit"
10-08-15 - OFC appt @430pm
10-13-15 - Immigrant Visa interview @1030am - VISA APPROVED

When you think that God's timing takes too long
God is good, just believe in His timing!!!

event.png
event.png
event.png
Interview steps: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview.html
Preparation for interview: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare.html
Medical Examination: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare/medical-examination.html
Documents required for interview: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare/interview-preparation-required-documents.html
After the interview: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/after.html
Mumbai's US consulate: http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/

Has any one got expedited due to loosing documents by nvc??

I submitted all my civil documents in march and now when I was near to case complete, I called nvc and being told that ur birth certificate and marriage certificate is missing, I was never told this before neither I had any checklist for it. Every time I called they said every document seems to be OK just ds260,review has been left. I am sure they have lost them. :(

Filed: Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Urvashi and Shams you guys were right.

I received an email yesterday mid day and around the evening time the IV fee was invoiced on CEAC, which I paid. :)

I'm mailing in the AOS/IV Packages in in 4 hours.

Fingers crossed I should be able to complete the DS-230 on Friday!!

Quick question though when I paid the IV fee yesterday I hit submit and it was processing. I got an error which I'm pretty sure was a computer error yesterday.

It hasn't been posted to my bank account yet (it's probably just too early), I don't see a transaction ID number in CEAC (like I can see with AOS)

Any ideas? I was just thinking maybe it wasn't paid.

Edit: It does however say "In-Process".

Edited by vajaster

Timeline

Urvashi and Shams you guys were right.

I received an email yesterday mid day and around the evening time the IV fee was invoiced on CEAC, which I paid. :)

I'm mailing in the AOS/IV Packages in in 4 hours.

Fingers crossed I should be able to complete the DS-230 on Friday!!

Quick question though when I paid the IV fee yesterday I hit submit and it was processing. I got an error which I'm pretty sure was a computer error yesterday.

It hasn't been posted to my bank account yet (it's probably just too early), I don't see a transaction ID number in CEAC (like I can see with AOS)

Any ideas? I was just thinking maybe it wasn't paid.

Edit: It does however say "In-Process".

Excellent, you are moving on right according to schedule lol.

I think probably early tomorrow should see your IV fee be reflected as paid. I am keying in on the in-process status.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.