trandy

How to revoke an I-601 waiver request after the fact

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

So a couple of crucial issues arose after I decided not to vaccinate and then got my subsequent denial meaning that I can't afford to go down the route of the waiver. Namely the fact that I wouldn't see my wife more than a couple of weeks in an 18 month period.

As such I wonder if anyone (I know this is likely unheard of) knows what happens next?

I naively assumed that I would just get the vaccinations and send the info to the Docs in London who would just pass on my info to the Embassy and then I'd get my passport couriered etc. etc. but given how severely immigration treat you when you don't play by the rules, I foresee this next phase being anything but gentle/simple.

I know someone will likely say: get a lawyer, but i'd like to get some rough idea of the implications and my decision. Given that I've been refused travel by ESTA, do I just have some big black mark against my name now that no amount of compliance can remove?

Get the required vaccinations and then you'll probably have to re-do the medical.

You should contact the embassy and let them know your change of heart.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Timeline

yeah, I have sent them an email on the online form but they only answer those 50% of the time. The medical centre said that I can't just send in the info to have them pass it on to the embassy, because the case and paperwork is all WITH the embassy.

I just want to know if it's a relatively straightforward process or whether it's going to start getting very awkward.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread moved from CR-1 Process forum to the UK regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Anyone have any ideas on this. I know it's totally unique. But would anyone have any idea what I do with my case now?

I haven't begun a waiver process, but it says on my blue slip that the authority to grant or deny rests with DHS, so should I contact them or is there some kind of special online form?

Desperate for some information here.

I can't help on your query.

However, out of curiosity, why did you decide not to vaccinate? I thought it was a 99% pre-requisite to meet vaccination requirements else an immigrant visa would be denied (or a K1 visa would not be able to adjust status?)

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/laws-regs/vaccination-immigration/revised-vaccination-immigration-faq.html

There IS the possibility of getting a waiver on Religious and Moral grounds, though I would be curious to know just how many people have succeeded in getting such a waiver. I suspect the number is very, very low, as at the end of the day, the CDC are more concerned at protecting the health of US residents rather than protecting religious or moral beliefs of a miniscule amount of immigrants who won't play ball.

http://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume9-PartC-Chapter3.html

Edited by ChasUno

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Interview - 11/03/2022 (Passed!)

Oath Ceremony - 11/08/2022

In your case, I suspect that your best option would be to do as Hypnos said and contact the Embassy stating that you will be willing to have the required vaccines after all. Only the Embassy can advise you from this point, as it is they that have the power to issue/ deny visas. Hopefully you might be able to redo the medical, meet the vaccination requirements and then continue where you left off.

I could be wrong, though the only valid reason I can see being accepted by the DHS/ CDC to grant a vaccination waiver would be on medical grounds i.e. allergy to certain vaccines, immunocompromised etc. I strongly doubt most religious grounds would be accepted, and moral grounds even less so.

How did you find out that you've been refused to travel under ESTA?

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Interview - 11/03/2022 (Passed!)

Oath Ceremony - 11/08/2022

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

what if you just did a new medical exam at the right doctor, had the vaccinations added in, and then wait for a new interview date? is that a path for you, or no ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Anyone have any ideas on this. I know it's totally unique. But would anyone have any idea what I do with my case now?

I haven't begun a waiver process, but it says on my blue slip that the authority to grant or deny rests with DHS, so should I contact them or is there some kind of special online form?

Desperate for some information here.

Your question says "How to revoke an I-601 waiver request after the fact".

Then you say you haven't begun the waiver process. So the answer to your question seems to be that there is nothing to revoke because you haven't filed an I-601 (requested a waiver).

What is it you are wanting to do?

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.