trublubu2

NOA2 ~ NVC ~ Embassy: TSC January 2015 filers

180 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi all,

maybe somebody can help me...

I finished the ds160 form online and paid the fee. I paid it through my online banking account.

So now, to go ahead on my ustraveldocs.com account, I have to type in the MRV receipt number.

Where do I get that number from?

Will the embassy give me that after they received the payment ?

Thank you a lot !

Hi all,

maybe somebody can help me...

I finished the ds160 form online and paid the fee. I paid it through my online banking account.

So now, to go ahead on my ustraveldocs.com account, I have to type in the MRV receipt number.

Where do I get that number from?

Will the embassy give me that after they received the payment ?

Thank you a lot !

Try your passport number.

Filed I-129f petition---------------- 01.07.2015

Hardcopy NOA1 rec.----------------01.23.2015

K1 Visa Received---------------------10.09.2015

Married--------------------------------- 12.12.2015

Filed AOS/EAD-------------------------02.02.2016

AOS/EAD NOA1 rec.------------------02.08.2016

EAD Approved--------------------------04.11.2016

:reading:You can read more about my immigration journey on my blog as well as get tips and information about the process.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

We just got our NVC number today and I checked the ceac website and it says ' at Nvc'

How long does it take nvc to send it embassy ( New Delhi on our case) ?

Can we schedule medicals before sending packet 3 ? All documents for interview are ready..

Do we wait for packet 4 to schedule the interview online ( provided medicals are done a week prior to the interview date) ?

All inputs are appreciated and best wishes for you journey.

Yikes .. Sorry for the typos..

Love is the shortest distance between two hearts.”

We just got our NVC number today and I checked the ceac website and it says ' at Nvc'

Can we schedule medicals before sending packet 3 ? All documents for interview are ready..

Do we wait for packet 4 to schedule the interview online ( provided medicals are done a week prior to the interview date) ?

Your case will probably take about week or so to get to the Embassy and then another week to register it within their systems. Check your embassy's website for their packet 3 instructions or their K1 visa flow chart. That will answer the rest of your questions. http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/ivpacket309k1.html & http://photos.state.gov/libraries/india/521916/K1%20pkt%20info/K1%20pkt%204%20July.pdf

best wishes

:reading:You can read more about my immigration journey on my blog as well as get tips and information about the process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You do not have to wait.

1. Fill out DS 160 ASAP

2. Call NVC (603.334.0888) to check case number.

3. When you have case number, check if the status "Ready", use it to pay visa fee and then schedule Interview + medicals (do not wait P3 if you want to save time)

My fiancee just visa approved yesterday.

02-11-15 I-129F Sent

02-17-15 NOA1 Received

08-03-15 NOA2 Approved

08-07-15 NVC Received

08-17-15 Case # assigned

08-19-15 Embassy Received, Ready for Interview

08-28-15 Medicals scheduled

09-11-15 Interview scheduled + Visa Approved :dancing:

You do not have to wait.

1. Fill out DS 160 ASAP

3. When you have case number, check if the status "Ready", use it to pay visa fee and then schedule Interview + medicals (do not wait P3 if you want to save time)

Just some clarification; not all embassies are the same. Some require proof of medical (or proof of medical scheduled) prior to scheduling an interview. Desi, please check with your embassy before attempting to schedule an interview.

Once you have your case number and your invoice number (NVC gives this to you) you may fill out your application online through the CEAC website. Please also read this very carefully as it pertains to India.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-iv-kvisa.asp#otherinfo

You do not have to wait.

1. Fill out DS 160 ASAP

Congrats!!! When do you plan to enter?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I am in same situation but slightly ahead. I got the letter from NVC with a ready status. I followed the instructions to get police certificate, schedule medical from the authorized centers. We will fill the DS-160 this weekend for interview.

The confusing part is that in one page it says you will receive letter from Embassy and in another page it just says keep following process and you will schedule interview when you pay the fees. So far we have not received anything from the Embassy.

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Medical/NWD%20-%20New%20Delhi.pdf

http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas.html

01/31/2015 : 129F sent

02/04/2015 : NOA1

07/24/2015: RFE1

08/01/2015: Received paper mail RFE1

08/03/2015: Mailed response overnite

08/04/2015: Tracking showed TSC received

08/05/2015: TSC acknowledged that my RFE was received

08/14/2015: NOA2 approved

I am in same situation but slightly ahead. I got the letter from NVC with a ready status. I followed the instructions to get police certificate, schedule medical from the authorized centers. We will fill the DS-160 this weekend for interview.

The confusing part is that in one page it says you will receive letter from Embassy and in another page it just says keep following process and you will schedule interview when you pay the fees. So far we have not received anything from the Embassy.

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Medical/NWD%20-%20New%20Delhi.pdf

http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas.html

You should get an email which will invite you to schedule interview and pay fees once they accept your packet 3.

Timeline

You should get an email which will invite you to schedule interview and pay fees once they accept your packet 3.

Thanks Stephanie,

I just read the notice from NVC and it says that Embassy will contact the fiancee.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Just some clarification; not all embassies are the same. Some require proof of medical (or proof of medical scheduled) prior to scheduling an interview. Desi, please check with your embassy before attempting to schedule an interview.

Once you have your case number and your invoice number (NVC gives this to you) you may fill out your application online through the CEAC website. Please also read this very carefully as it pertains to India.

Congrats!!! When do you plan to enter?

POE 10/2 . Thanks

02-11-15 I-129F Sent

02-17-15 NOA1 Received

08-03-15 NOA2 Approved

08-07-15 NVC Received

08-17-15 Case # assigned

08-19-15 Embassy Received, Ready for Interview

08-28-15 Medicals scheduled

09-11-15 Interview scheduled + Visa Approved :dancing:

Timeline

Thanks Stephanie,

I just read the notice from NVC and it says that Embassy will contact the fiancee.

Guess we will wait for NVC email confirmation and act accordingly . The Delhi embassy does not want folks to schedule interviews Ds-160 until they notify them in packet 4 and then have my fiancée do the medicals. This is confusing as £¥¥ . Too many cooks in the kitchen !!

Edited by desi123

Timeline

Your case will probably take about week or so to get to the Embassy and then another week to register it within their systems. Check your embassy's website for their packet 3 instructions or their K1 visa flow chart. That will answer the rest of your questions. http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/ivpacket309k1.html & http://photos.state.gov/libraries/india/521916/K1%20pkt%20info/K1%20pkt%204%20July.pdf

best wishes

Thanks and wish you guys the same. Let us know how your interview goes. Good luck

Thanks Stephanie,

Falcon, can you please confirm if you guys nailed packet 3 and then got a packet 4 after that?

Timeline

Thanks and wish you guys the same. Let us know how your interview goes. Good luck

Falcon, can you please confirm if you guys nailed packet 3 and then got a packet 4 after that?

Nope - we haven't mailed anything. I guess we have to wait for the first contact from the consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hi everyone,

even though I am a december filer, I'm lurking over this page :) since most december peeps are already done with the process.

NVC received my case since Sept 1 but it is still there!! When I call 1 person tells me it is in administrative processing and another person tells me it is not. How long does it usually take for cases to be sent out. I looked at so many timelines, I see an average of 5-10 days (I may be wrong) Any feedback would be very much appreciated :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.