trublubu2

NOA2 ~ NVC ~ Embassy: TSC January 2015 filers

180 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Dominica
Timeline

I searched and didn't find anything to address us, but since they've started trickling in, I'd like a place where we could talk about our next steps and figured others would too.

Got the NOA2 on June 26, but still at NVC in administrative processing, since July 10 when they said they checked in our file. Really getting anxious because we need to buy plane tickets to the embassy and hotel lodgings and pay the $265 DS-160 fee...and take work leave, etc., but I'm not getting any real answers from NVC--I called on 7/24 and 7/17. :clock:

How's it going for everyone else?

TvhNm5.png

ZYKgm5.png

the K-1 visajourney
December 31, 2014/6pm: paid & checked in I-129F at FedEx/Kinko's; they said it should reach TSC by 2Jan15
June 26, 2015/9pm: received text/email that I-129F was approved--took 5 months/2 weeks/3 days

7Jan15: received notification via email and text of receipt at TSC
9Jan15: date of receipt on official NOA1 I-797 form that was mailed back from TSC
26Jun15/9pm: received text/email that I-129F was approved--took 5 months/2 weeks/3 days
3Jul15: received official NOA2 approval letter that said it was sent to NVC on 2Jul15

10Jul15: NVC received, created case number, and put into their system (at least that's what i was told on 17Jul15)
called NVC on July 17, 24 and will call Aug 7--STILL IN Administrative Processing
4Aug15 - checked CEAC site; finally "In Transit" (!!!)
7Aug15 - CEAC site says "Ready at Embassy (BGN)"
7Aug15 - 1st phone contact with BGN, was told everything is by email now, no phone calls are conducted :sleepy:
10Aug15 - 1st email contact with BGN--several auto responses, the American Consulate Service email address is the only one to reply after i sent screenshot of CEAC "Ready" page, saying they haven't received anything from NVC but that they sent Packet 3

11Aug15 - 2nd email contact with BGN--BridgetownACS replies the next day, ADMITTING that they sent Packet 3 via r-e-g-u-l-a-r INTERNATIONAL snail mail--not DHL--and attaches .pdf of Packet 3 :ranting:

12Aug15 - 3rd email contact with BGN
13Aug15 - BGN won't respond to 12Aug15 email; resent email asking for help with my 3 questions on how to proceed since they don't/won't answer questions via phone; signed Visa Interview Request letter DHLed to BGN
14Aug15 BGN received DHL visa interview request letter at 3pm...radio silence
4am 17aug15 - emailed embassy with .pdf proof of 14aug15 BGN receipt of signed interview request letter and made request for an interview date and time
9am 17aug15 - embassy emailed back with .pdf of packet 4 AND letter granting interview date and time! :wow:
official papers STILL on their way via INTERNATIONAL SNAIL MAIL though... :rolleyes:
4sep15 BGN confirms, via email, that the .pdf versions of Packet 3 & 4 they sent will be viable for use at the BGN interview and medicals
7-11sep15 - paper packet 4 arrived in DOM via international snail mail from BGN **AFTER** TS Erika came through (paper packet 3 is probably lost in the ether somewhere, lol)
22sep15 - interview AND APPROVAL at BGN!
5OCT15 - VISA IN PASSPORT & IN HAND VIA DHL!!!! :dance:

October 23, 2015 - POE: San Juan, PR & BWI, Maryland!!
:wub::wub: December 11, 2015 - MARRIED! :wub::wub:

2HbJm5.png
AOS journey
18jan16 - 430pm - i-485 packet overnighted to Chicago via UPS

16feb16 - biometrics appointment

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline

Hi,

I am not a Texas filer but I am stuck at NVC too!!

My case was also assigned a # on July 10th and has been in AP since. :crying: I have called NVC tons of times and always get told it is in AP and to wait a couple more weeks. It looks like it is random and on July 10th they picked a lot of files to do AP on :sleepy:

I check on CEAC website other cases in other embassies from July 10th and a large number of them are "at NVC" ,,, so I am assuming they are also in AP. Only a few of the ones I saw were "Ready".

There is a thread in the NVC forum pinned on top for "AP at NVC".

I hope we get out of there soon!! My fiancee has to plan on traveling to South Africa for the interview (they don't interview in Mauritius). This is so stressful!!!

Good luck to both of us

Edited by VAN2015

9/01/13- Met online 7/10/15- NVC case # assigned **22 days from NOA2**

11/9/13- Met 1st time in person (L) 7/27/15- Case left NVC to South Africa!!!

2/01/14- Met 2nd time in person (L) 7/28/15- Case "ready"

9/01/14- Met 3rd time in person (L) 7/31/15- Consulate received

5/11/15- Mailed I-129F 8/4/15- Packet 3 received by email

5/19/15- NOA1--- Got routed to CSC!!! :dancing: 8/7/15- Sent Packet 3

5/22/15- File "touched" 8/7/15- Packet 4 received by email!

5/27/15- Our baby was born (L) 9/7- 9/8- Medical

6/18/15- NOA2!!!! Email notification at 21:30 Central Time **30 days from NOA1** 9/17/15- Interview!!! APPROVED :luv:

9/28/15- Visa in hand

9/29/15- US Entry---- Finally!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey this thread is a good idea!

Sorry you guys are stuck in AP still. That's weird.

My case was updated to "in transit" to the consulate yesterday. Weird that it was updated on Sunday.

I filled out the DS-160 last night.. now all we have to do is get my fiance's financial paperwork together (he is a procrastinator) and I have to get my police check and medical. Everything else is ready. I'm getting really excited lol.

4/21/2016 - Got green card! :) No immigration worries til 2018!

Our case was sent to NVC last Wednesday(22nd) hoping it'll get there soon so my fiancé can get my case number and I can finish this last leg of getting to the U.S.:D

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

K-1: NOA1 to Visa Approval - 8 MONTHS, 19 DAYS

AOS: NOA1 to Green Card Approval - 3 MONTHS, 16 DAYS

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Citizenship:  - In Progress Estimated Completion Time: July 2020 (18 Months)

Our case was sent to NVC last Wednesday(22nd) hoping it'll get there soon so my fiancé can get my case number and I can finish this last leg of getting to the U.S. :D

The rule of thumb (for TSC'ers only that is) to call the NVC for your case number is about two weeks. :)

The rule of thumb (for TSC'ers only that is) to call the NVC for your case number is about two weeks. :)

I know...although asking me to be patient now is difficult haha trying though. I've been studying timelines from NOA2 to NVC received and a lot are less than 2 weeks so gonna nag my fiancé a little to try calling sooner than that :) especially since TSC doesn't seem to take that long to get them there! One can only hope of course ?

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

I know...although asking me to be patient now is difficult haha trying though. I've been studying timelines from NOA2 to NVC received and a lot are less than 2 weeks so gonna nag my fiancé a little to try calling sooner than that :) especially since TSC doesn't seem to take that long to get them there! One can only hope of course ?

Did your fiance happen to get notified that your case was sent to the NVC?

I hope so too! It's looking like it's averaging around 2 1/2 months from NOA2 to visa in hand. :)

Did your fiance happen to get notified that your case was sent to the NVC?

I hope so too! It's looking like it's averaging around 2 1/2 months from NOA2 to visa in hand. :)

Yup. We were approved on the 14th. And I got the email and he got the text on the 22nd saying that it had been sent. So just waiting to call now really. If you check out my signature I have detailed everything that has happened so far :D

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

Timeline

I searched and didn't find anything to address us, but since they've started trickling in, I'd like a place where we could talk about our next steps and figured others would too.

Got the NOA2 on June 26, but still at NVC in administrative processing, since July 10 when they said they checked in our file. Really getting anxious because we need to buy plane tickets to the embassy and hotel lodgings and pay the $265 DS-160 fee...and take work leave, etc., but I'm not getting any real answers from NVC--I called on 7/24 and 7/17. :clock:

How's it going for everyone else?

Are you still in AP??? I just checked and my case is "in transit"!!! So 17 days at NVC.

Good luck everyone!!! :joy:

6/18/15- NOA2!!!! Email notification at 21:30 Central Time **30 days from NOA1** 9/17/15- Interview!!! APPROVED :luv:

9/28/15- Visa in hand

Timeline

yeah, i just checked this site: https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ and it said "At NVC" still...i'm really beginning to wonder why. we have a BGN (Bridgetown, Barbados) embassy case number and we did the DS 160 already...just curious as to what's the problem why it's not leaving NVC.

do they do RFEs at this point?

Are you still in AP??? I just checked and my case is "in transit"!!! So 17 days at NVC.

Good luck everyone!!! :joy:

Edited by trublubu2

TvhNm5.png

ZYKgm5.png

the K-1 visajourney
December 31, 2014/6pm: paid & checked in I-129F at FedEx/Kinko's; they said it should reach TSC by 2Jan15
June 26, 2015/9pm: received text/email that I-129F was approved--took 5 months/2 weeks/3 days

9Jan15: date of receipt on official NOA1 I-797 form that was mailed back from TSC
26Jun15/9pm: received text/email that I-129F was approved--took 5 months/2 weeks/3 days
3Jul15: received official NOA2 approval letter that said it was sent to NVC on 2Jul15

10Jul15: NVC received, created case number, and put into their system (at least that's what i was told on 17Jul15)
called NVC on July 17, 24 and will call Aug 7--STILL IN Administrative Processing
7Aug15 - 1st phone contact with BGN, was told everything is by email now, no phone calls are conducted :sleepy:
10Aug15 - 1st email contact with BGN--several auto responses, the American Consulate Service email address is the only one to reply after i sent screenshot of CEAC "Ready" page, saying they haven't received anything from NVC but that they sent Packet 3

11Aug15 - 2nd email contact with BGN--BridgetownACS replies the next day, ADMITTING that they sent Packet 3 via r-e-g-u-l-a-r INTERNATIONAL snail mail--not DHL--and attaches .pdf of Packet 3 :ranting:

13Aug15 - BGN won't respond to 12Aug15 email; resent email asking for help with my 3 questions on how to proceed since they don't/won't answer questions via phone; signed Visa Interview Request letter DHLed to BGN
4am 17aug15 - emailed embassy with .pdf proof of 14aug15 BGN receipt of signed interview request letter and made request for an interview date and time
9am 17aug15 - embassy emailed back with .pdf of packet 4 AND letter granting interview date and time! :wow:
official papers STILL on their way via INTERNATIONAL SNAIL MAIL though... :rolleyes:
4sep15 BGN confirms, via email, that the .pdf versions of Packet 3 & 4 they sent will be viable for use at the BGN interview and medicals
7-11sep15 - paper packet 4 arrived in DOM via international snail mail from BGN **AFTER** TS Erika came through (paper packet 3 is probably lost in the ether somewhere, lol)

2HbJm5.png
AOS journey

Timeline

yeah, i just checked this site: https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ and it said "At NVC" still...i'm really beginning to wonder why. we have a BGN (Bridgetown, Barbados) embassy case number and we did the DS 160 already...just curious as to what's the problem why it's not leaving NVC.

do they do RFEs at this point?

Try not to worry, your case will leave NVC soon :) Another member on VJ said that lately most cases leave AP at NVC in under 20 days.

I don't think they do RFE at NVC for K1 visas. There is no problem, its just a waiting game while they finish AP.

Last week I was calling NVC everyday but they never said anything helpful. I'm so happy I don't have to listen to the NVC hold message and music again.

Don't worry, your case will soon be in transit. And it doesn't have far to go to get to Barbados :)

9/28/15- Visa in hand

Timeline

i hope so--they need to get it together soon because there's so much riding on the NVC decision--we're just at a standstill until they move things forward and stop lagging...so many other things going on to plan!

thanks for the supportive words. i really DO hope it's this week.

Try not to worry, your case will leave NVC soon :) Another member on VJ said that lately most cases leave AP at NVC in under 20 days.

I don't think they do RFE at NVC for K1 visas. There is no problem, its just a waiting game while they finish AP.

Last week I was calling NVC everyday but they never said anything helpful. I'm so happy I don't have to listen to the NVC hold message and music again.

Don't worry, your case will soon be in transit. And it doesn't have far to go to get to Barbados :)

TvhNm5.png

ZYKgm5.png

the K-1 visajourney

2HbJm5.png
AOS journey

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Uuggg.... I'm here with y'all. I too researched a ton of recent timelines and many have been at the consulate within 10 days of arriving at nvc. Seems like they may be a bit slowed right now. :-/ We are ready, everything, just need it to hit the consulate so we can pay and schedule appointment. Anyone know if we can pay the fee before it reaches the consulate?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Mine arrived at the consulate yesterday! Emailed Montreal my packet 3 stuff. Should hear back within the next three days... hopefully lol.

Our case left USCIS and logged into nvc the same time as yours. Was so hoping they'd send them to consulates at the same time as well. Mine is unfortunately still listed as "at nvc" :'-( we are so close.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.