trublubu2

NOA2 ~ NVC ~ Embassy: TSC January 2015 filers

180 posts in this topic

The USCIS says that they sent my case to department of state, Does NVC is going to send me a letter with my case number so I could check my status on their webiste or I have to call them to get the case number? if so how many days after my case was sent to NVC i should call them? Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

The USCIS says that they sent my case to department of state, Does NVC is going to send me a letter with my case number so I could check my status on their webiste or I have to call them to get the case number? if so how many days after my case was sent to NVC i should call them? Thanks

Mine went to NVC on 22 july and get case number on August 12 and i didnt call NVC at all my fiance gets notification from email. Hope it helps

Mine went to NVC on 22 july and get case number on August 12 and i didnt call NVC at all my fiance gets notification from email. Hope it helps

thanks are you the petitioner or your fiancé ?

Edited by xpedramx

thanks are you the petitioner or your fiancé ?

You may have to call as not everyone will receive an email. We certainly did not but we called and got our case number.

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

K-1: NOA1 to Visa Approval - 8 MONTHS, 19 DAYS

AOS: NOA1 to Green Card Approval - 3 MONTHS, 16 DAYS

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Citizenship:  - In Progress Estimated Completion Time: July 2020 (18 Months)

You may have to call as not everyone will receive an email. We certainly did not but we called and got our case number.

thanks but how many days after you received the notice of "case was sent to department of state" did you call the NVC?

thanks but how many days after you received the notice of "case was sent to department of state" did you call the NVC?

I rang exactly 1 week after that and they had received it. Then I rang the day after and they had assigned a case number. The first time I rang I spoke to a lovely lady who actually said to call everyday if I wanted, to get the case number as things can happen fast sometimes. Luckily I didn't need to call again after the 2nd call :) once you have your case number to can easily track it on CEAC.

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

K-1: NOA1 to Visa Approval - 8 MONTHS, 19 DAYS

AOS: NOA1 to Green Card Approval - 3 MONTHS, 16 DAYS

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Citizenship:  - In Progress Estimated Completion Time: July 2020 (18 Months)

I rang exactly 1 week after that and they had received it. Then I rang the day after and they had assigned a case number. The first time I rang I spoke to a lovely lady who actually said to call everyday if I wanted, to get the case number as things can happen fast sometimes. Luckily I didn't need to call again after the 2nd call :) once you have your case number to can easily track it on CEAC.

Thanks a lot for the info my friend

Thanks a lot for the info my friend

I see, so they NVC might send email directly to the beneficiary... since I have file the petition every though I selected the electronic notification USCIS never send any electronic message to update our status, we have only received the actual mail from them so I am not the sure that optimist that NVC would send my fiancee any email so to be on the safe side I will call them after a week or two.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I see, so they NVC might send email directly to the beneficiary... since I have file the petition every though I selected the electronic notification USCIS never send any electronic message to update our status, we have only received the actual mail from them so I am not the sure that optimist that NVC would send my fiancee any email so to be on the safe side I will call them after a week or two.

Im as beneficiary never get any email from the NVC. When the case are ready the consulat send email to the petitioner then the beneficiary email to consulat after the case and ready for medical check up and interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just realised my interview is in a month from tomorrow. I thought it was further away.. lol. I'm so excited but really nervous!! ahhhh I hope it goes by quickly :)

4/21/2016 - Got green card! :) No immigration worries til 2018!

I just realised my interview is in a month from tomorrow. I thought it was further away.. lol. I'm so excited but really nervous!! ahhhh I hope it goes by quickly :)

Yay!!

Oh I meant to ask you befor; Did you get your packet 4 by email?

Filed I-129f petition---------------- 01.07.2015

Hardcopy NOA1 rec.----------------01.23.2015

K1 Visa Received---------------------10.09.2015

Married--------------------------------- 12.12.2015

Filed AOS/EAD-------------------------02.02.2016

AOS/EAD NOA1 rec.------------------02.08.2016

EAD Approved--------------------------04.11.2016

:reading:You can read more about my immigration journey on my blog as well as get tips and information about the process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.