Meg92

Birth control pills United Airlines security

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi, I'm flying to New Jersey next week with United Airlines.

I'm worried about bringing my birth control pills in my carry on luggage.

I'm not bringing checked baggage cos I'm only staying for a week.

Do they have to be kept in a clear plastic bag?

Do you have to have your name on the box?

And do you have to have a prescription with you? It's only one box and it's half finished?

Please help.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Just use a regular orange pill container and bring the prescription and medicine with you in the carry-on. Also, using the original container that the pills came in would be best!

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

I would place the pack in a little zip lock baggy just to be on the safe side (make sure it remains in it's original packaging (name what it, blah blah) so they know exactly what it is) and you could carry them in your purse/ carry on. I took my pills with me on a trip to New York and I didn't have any trouble.

This is on the TSA website:

You may transport this item in carry-on baggage or in checked baggage. For items you wish to carry-on, you should check with the airline to ensure that the item will fit in the overhead bin or underneath the seat of the airplane.

To help officers get a clear look at your bag and reduce the need for additional screening, we suggest you pack your bag in neat layers (layer of clothes, layer of electronics, layer of clothes, layer of shoes, etc.) and wrap cords tightly around electronics items.

Even if an item is generally permitted, it may be subject to additional screening or not allowed through the checkpoint if it triggers an alarm during the screening process, appears to have been tampered with, or poses other security concerns. The final decision rests with TSA on whether to allow any items on the plane.

Complete: AOS
Married 06/12/2014
08/02/14: Concurrent filing of i130, i485 and i765.

07/20/15: Green card received!! 

Complete: ROC

Package Mailed: 05/11/17

Received: 05/12/17

Money Order cashed: 05/12/17

NOA Received: 05/22/17

Biometrics Notice (dated): 5/20/17

Appt date: 06/05/17 (complete)

Approval notice: 9/11/2018 (received 9/15/2018)

Card received: 9/18/2018

😍02/05/19: Welcomed baby girl into our family 😍

Current: Naturalization

03/13/2019 - submitted online N400 and paid fee

03/26/2019 - received biometrics notice scheduled for 4/5

04/05/2019 - completed biometrics

10/12/2019 - received interview noticed scheduled for 11/16

11/16/2019 - interview

11/21/2019 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

Filed: Timeline

Neither TSA nor the airline really care.

The issue will be US Customs and FDA oversight of prescription drugs. However, you're typically allowed items for personal use (typically up to a 90-day supply) as long as they are clearly labeled (original container/label) and a prescription indicating the medication is for you.

While the medication can be confiscated at the POE, in practice you shouldn't have a problem with a half-used one-month supply of birth control pills. If questioned, just calmly explain what it is and what it's for; very unlikely you'll encounter any issue at all.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from Polls forum to Off Topic forum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I've brought my BC pills and my anti-depressants several times in my carry on and never been questioned. I refuse to put them in checked baggage, if it gets lost or delayed I am doomed! I just kept it in original packaging. I'd be surprised if they gave you issues over it.