lileepad

New Zealand Police Certificate

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I had my consulate interview in Sydney last Wednesday and was told everything was fine and that they will issue my K1 visa once they receive my NZ Police Cert.

I advised them that I applied for my police cert 20 working days ago and am still waiting for it and also while there, they got me to sign a clearance for to request a police cert for my NZ one on my behalf.

Is it because they can get hold of it faster?

I really hope so. Has anyone experienced this and if so, how long did it take for you to receive your police cert from NZ when you applied for it and if the Sydney Consulate applied for it on you behalf- was it faster??

Many thanks.

I went through the Embassy in Auckland so the time to get back documents was probably faster, but I was told that when you apply for the Police Certificate yourself they only supply a copy that doesn't include any information under the Clean Slate Act, and they want to see everything, which is what their copy will show. So even if you do get yours back before theirs comes back they won't accept it.

09/25/2009 - Married!

CR1 Timeline
12/11/2009 - I-130 Sent

12/17/2009 - NOA1
03/01/2010 - NOA2
03/05/2010 - DS-3032 Emailed
03/08/2010 - DS-3032/I-864 Bill received/DS-3032 Email resent / AOS Paid
03/09/2010 - NVC received AOS Payment
03/10/2010 - DS-3032 accepted
03/11/2010 - IV Bill received
03/12/2010 - I-864 Bill shows as PAID
03/16/2010 - Sent I-864 Package
03/19/2010 - Pay IV Bill Online
03/22/2010 - IV Bill shows as PAID
03/23/2010 - DS-230 and Documents Sent
04/08/2010 - SIF
04/08/2010 - AVR updated to "Case Completed"
04/13/2010 - Interview Date Assigned
04/21/2010 - Case Sent to Embassy
04/25/2010 - Case Received at Embassy
04/30/2010 - Medical Exam - Passed!

05/06/2010 - Interview 9:30am in Auckland - APPROVED!
05/10/2010 - Visa Received!
05/13/2010 - POE LAX!

Removal of Conditions Timeline
04/25/2012 - I-751 Package sent (a little late)

05/01/2012 - USCIS Received Package
05/14/2012 - NOA
06/01/2012 - Biometrics (Omaha, NE)

11/20/2012 - Approved
11/29/2012 - Card Received!

Naturalization Timeline
06/06/2015 - N-400 Sent to Phoenix Lockbox
06/10/2015 - Case Received
06/15/2015 - NOA
07/07/2015 - Biometrics (Omaha, NE)

09/01/2015 - Interview - Approved!

10/09/2015 - Oath Ceremony!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I realise this is a few weeks old, but just in case anyone is looking for reference. The Australian consulate should send you the NZ police clearance form with your packet 4,

if they don't, then email them to request it.

You cannot request the clearance yourself as VonDenton mentioned, you will receive an incorrect clearance that they won't accept.

N400

08 Mar 20: N400 filed online

14 Mar 20: Biometrics scheduled for 31 March - cancelled due to Covid19 shutdown.  

16 Dec 20: Biometrics

12 Feb 21: Interview (approved)

24 Feb 21: Oath Ceremony

ROC

31 Jul 15: ROC (I-751) sent

19 Jan 16: Greencard received

AOS

26 Feb 13: AOS (I-485, I-131, I-765) sent

06 Mar 13: NOA1's received

03 Apr 13: Biometrics completed

12 Sept 13: Interview - Memphis, approved!

Sept 13: Greencard received.

California Service Centre

17 May 12: I-129f sent

23 May 12: NOA1

20 Aug 12: NOA2 (89 days)

20 Nov 12: Interview in Sydney

29 Nov 12: Visa Issued

05 Dec 12: POE Honolulu

20 Dec 12: Wedding day

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I actually requested through the New Zealand MoJ and requested it myself. After 20 working days, I then called the officer in NZ to make sure it had been actioned and explained my situation. He completed and printed out my police cert on the day with a hand written signature. I then got a courier to pick it up from their office to post to my Australian address by courier ($75).
If I had waited for their postage, it would have taken another 2 weeks. I then sent it to the consulate in Sydney and I was approved.

^^^ so Im not sure if the above replies are an old system - but they accepted my clearance. Mine did not include clean slate, it was just the usual Police Record Certificate but printed in letter head with a hand written signature. They did this as I mentioned that its for a US Visa.
I did also make sure to mention my previous names used.

• 1 month later...

I have the MOJ one, but I believe there is a separate NZ one, I have downloaded the form from the Auckland consulate, (I got the link from the reciprocal part of the state dept website) and filled most of it in, and sent a quick email off to the USATraveldocs support about the information needed for the Requesting Office, Email address for Requesting office and what my case number would be (just double checking before I email it in) then will scan it, and my passport and email it though to where they tell me (I asked if I email it right though to Auckland or to Sydney) So...... I will let you all know what happens. They may not need it and just want my MOJ one (it did as part of it, I think, ask if it was for immergration purposes)

OK now that I have rambled... now to wait for the email.. who comes first the one from the Sydney Consulate asking if I am ready... or the one from USATraveldocs to let me know what I need to know about the police clearance authorisation

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I hope I can get an answer.. 

Im still waiting on a case number but when I’ll request the Police Certificate, do I write my case number and the US Embassy’ address in Bogota, Colombia (My interview will be there) correct?  Or Input Auckland’s US Embassy address and they’ll send it to Bogota? 

Sorry if it’s a dumb question, I just had enough with all the police certificates I had to collect (4)

Edited by valentinasc

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi,

It must go through Auckland US embassy. They will forward it to Bogota or wherever you specify. The NZ police will only send it to Auckland based on my discussion with them.

Just put the Auckland embassy address and note that it should to be forwarded to Bogota. Hope that helps. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.