Jessicups

Advanced Parole approved, can I leave and have it mailed?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My advanced parole was approved and my current status on the website says "Advanced Parole Document was produced", it was approved two days ago, and produced today. My questions are 1. does this mean it's mailed and on it's way, or will I get a notice of it being mailed? And 2. Can I leave before receiving the document when I know it's been approved, and just have someone mail it to me? The wording on the website can be tricky, there are sentences that make it seem that as long as it's APPROVED you can leave without endangering your AOS. And others that sound as though you NEED to have it in hand (hard to prove that I didn't have it in hand if it was already produced and possibly sent when I left). I understand that by mailing it you face the risk of it getting lost, I am more concerned with my AOS status. Worst case scenario if it was lost is I just wait for green card, it's my AOS status I am concerned with.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Personally, I would wait until you have your card in hand before leaving as I think the risks are too great. You can try the mail route, or in the event of an emergency, maybe go down to your local USCIS office with your approval notice to see if there is anything they can do. In our case, the card arrived 5 days after the approval notice, so if you can wait, I would.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

advanced search tool? when logged in from a pc?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I have searched and just haven't been able to find an answer, was just looking for anyone with first hand personal experience. I find most of the posts are never updated with the outcome :/

Most people likely don't try. You can if you want to. If you plan on having it mailed I suggest using a courier service with good tracking like Fedex or UPS, for example. I do not suggest USPS (which would turn into Canada Post.) However, the cost of the courier service can be expensive so you have to decide if the reason you're going is worth waiting for or not. Generally cards like that are mailed within a few days of being produced.

Because it's been issued and you'll have it when you return, I don't see how it will affect your AOS. It's not like CBSA will want to see the card. :)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Just wanted to update just incase someone stumbles on this post looking for an answer. I received my Expedited Advanced parole today, only 2 business days after it was approved! Much quicker then I would have ever expected.

• 3 months later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

@ Jessicups

Hi I was just wondering if you had requested expedite your AP at all.

I have a family emergency situation and requested to expedite my AP but took over 11 days to get it approved.

Went down to USCIS field office today to ask for emergency AP (since I need to leave ASAP) and they denied because "Grandma" is not your direct family and thus can't grant me an emergency AP. (WTH)

However, about an hour later got a text msg update stating my AP was approved.

I checked online and it says "Advanced Parole document was produced".

Unfortunately, today is Friday so I need to allow the weekend to pass and start counting the business days....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The OP (who hasn't logged on to VJ since mid-July) describes it as "expedited advanced parole."

Good luck with being able to see your grandma in timely fashion.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 3 years later...

Hi everyone,
Please help me with my case
“I applied for the I-131 advance parole on June 15, 2018 in conjunction with her adjustment of status application. USCIS approved the I-131 on 10/31/2018. However, the advance parole document was never produced nor mailed. I received her EAD card but it was not a combo card and is not valid for re-entry. I called USCIS customer service on 12/19/18, 1/17/19, 2/1/19, 2/19/19 and again on 2/27/19. I was told each time a service request was submitted but informed with each subsequent call that the case had not been assigned. It is possible that because the I-131 was approved, the case is considered "closed" for further action. However, all representatives have confirmed that the USCIS system shows that the travel document was never produced. The case is particularly dire because I left the United States to visit her sick father in My country after the I131 was approved, and I has no way of returning to the US.
Any suggestions or similar experience recently ?.
Please help me

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.