organizedchaos

K1 Visa US Consulate Egypt Interview Checklist

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello VisaJourney Family!
I'm not sure if i am writing this in the right place, I had a hard time finding the "Egypt Section" of this website. My fiance finally got his interview date for end of July in Egypt. I compiled a checklist of papers he needs to bring with him. Can someone please review the list and let me know if anything is missing. Thank you! Also, doed he need to bring the copy of the previous packets we have sent i.e. the entire 1-129F application? And for the documents of support is the paychecks enough or doed he need to bring a copy of all the documents he sent previously for the affiivit of support?

Thank you all in advance!!

here is the list:

-DS-160 Confirmation form
-Reciept of CIB Visa Payment

-passport
-four passport pictures
-birth certificate
-birth certificate translation
-University letter
-Military Certificate
-police certificate
-UnOpened Medical Exam

-Pictures of us from my visit
-Copy of my boarding passes

-Copy of my engagement ring reciept and translation
-Text, video chat, phone calls Records (About two of each for every month we've known eachother)

-evidence of support
(Sponsor and Co-Sponsor's last 3 months paychecks)

ANy other advice for the embassey in Egypt will be greatly appreciated!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Here was my checklist for my interview

-Passport with photocopies of first and last page

-Around 4 visa size 2inch*2inch photos of the beneficiary (they ask for two but it is always good to keep a few extra copies)

-DS-160 confirmation page (keep at least copies)

-Appointment letter (2 copies)

-Medical examination report

-Police Clearance Certificate (2 photocopies)

-Beneficiary's Birth Certificate (2 photocopies, they asked me for a photocopy at the interview. And if possible Petitioner's Birth Certificate too, they don't ask for it but just in case they do)

-Visa fee payment receipt

-Affidavit of Support

-Proof of petitioner's employment including pay stubs (at least up to 6 months worth), IRS tax transcripts, letter from the employer if possible telling you are employed there

-Bank Statement from the bank where you have your accounts are at. Ask them to draft a letter for you addressed to 'To whom it may concern'. The letter should state the date your account was opened, total amount deposited over the last year and present balance. You may include a bank statement instead.

-Might want to send your fiance to send originals of NOA1, NOA2, NVC letter and take those with original letter from the Conculate/Embassy to interview

-Might want to send your fiance a copy of the entire petition you sent to the USCIS, not necessary but my fiance had sent me

-New letter of Intent from both of you dated closer to the interview date, I wasn't asked for this at the interview but I wanted to be prepared for anything

-Might wanna include letters from your and your fiance's parents saying they support you both and your marriage plans and are looking forward to welcome you and your fiance in their families as son/daughter in law. Again I wasn't asked for this but I wanted to be prepared.

-Photos of the two of you together, screen shots of Skype/Whatsapp/Facebook chats, screen shots of any conversations with petitioner's parents, petitioner's conversations with yours

March 24, 2015: K1 petition mailed to Lewisville, TX via UPS

March 27, 2015: UPS tracking shows USCIS has received the petition

March 31, 2015: NOA1 notification received in email and text with USCIS receipt number (7 days after submitting the petition)

April 24, 2015: Case approved by USCIS (24 days after receiving NOA1)

May 1, 2015: NOA2 received in mail

May 14, 2015: Case getting processed at NVC

May 19, 2015: NVC processing done

May 24, 2015: Letter from NVC received (31 days after receiving NOA2) (case forwarded to consulate, interview location allotted)

May 25, 2015: I receive Packet 3 from United States Consulate General, Mumbai

May 28, 2015: Filled DS-160 form online, confirmation received and printed

June 1, 2015: Visa fees paid. Consular interview and OFC scheduled for 10 July, 2015

June 15, 2015: Medical examination

July 10, 2015: Visa interview at Mumbai Consulate. Visa approved!!

July 11, 13, 15, 2015: Case status on caec changed to 'Ready' on each mentioned date and case creation dates updated on each mentioned date
July 16, 2015: Case creation date updated, case status changed to 'Administrative Processing'
July 17, 2015: Case status updated to 'Issued' passport dispatched through BlueDart, DHL

July 20, 2015: Received passport with my visa on it and a sealed yellow envelope

September 2, 2015: POE Orlando, Florida

September 17, 2015: Courthouse marriage. We're married!

October 8, 2015: AOS, EAD and AP application submitted via UPS

October 19, 2015: NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP received in mail

October 24, 2015: Civil marriage with families present. We're married, again!

October 27, 2015: Biometric notice received in mail

November 2, 2015: Biometrics done (walk-in at Orlando center) and RFE received in email for GC appliaction

January 7, 2016: EAD, AP approved (91 days after submitting the AOS application)

March 11, 2016: GC approved

May 6, 2020: Filed N400 online

May 7, 2020: Online receipt confirming USCIS received my case for N400 online (hard copy received in mail)

August 7, 2020: Online notification of biometrics reuse (hard copy received in mail)

August 14, 2020: Online notification for interview appointment (hard copy received in mail)

September 23, 2020: Naturalization interview, case approved, took oath, and just like that I am now a citizen of the United States!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I'm not sure if i am writing this in the right place, I had a hard time finding the "Egypt Section" of this website. My fiance finally got his interview date for end of July in Egypt. I compiled a checklist of papers he needs to bring with him. Can someone please review the list and let me know if anything is missing. Thank you! Also, doed he need to bring the copy of the previous packets we have sent i.e. the entire 1-129F application? And for the documents of support is the paychecks enough or doed he need to bring a copy of all the documents he sent previously for the affiivit of support?

here is the list:

-passport

-four passport pictures

-birth certificate

-University letter

-Military Certificate

-police certificate

-UnOpened Medical Exam

-Text, video chat, phone calls Records (About two of each for every month we've known eachother)

-evidence of support

I also have receipts of the gifts we sent to each other and their pictures, receipts of money transfer and paper letters and cards and envelopes with stamps that we sent to each other. ( some are original, some are scanned and printed)

I-129F Sent : 2015-01-29

I-129F NOA1 : 2015-02-04

I-129F RFE(s) : no RFES

I-129F NOA2 : 2015-06-09

NOA2 hard copy: 2015-06-13

Sent to NVC: 2015-06-17

New case number assigned : 2015-06-29

NVC Left : 2015-07-07

Consulate Received : 2015-07-10

Medical: 2015-07-14

Interview Date : 2015-07-20 Approved!!!

Visa in hand: 2015-07-23

Entry to the USA (Orlando, FL): 2015-08-25

Marriage: 2015-09-25

AOS sent: 2015-10-20

NOA1: 2015-10-31

Fingerprints: 2015-11-30

RFE: 2015-12-15

Green card in hands: 2016-03-04

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Middle East/North Africa regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

could i please ask you something
how long, how many days does it take since you sent packet 3 and received packed 4
how long until u received packet 4
noticed it takes long with Egyptian , and u will give me an idea
or at least tell me about since you received noa 2 , i am so anxious
thank you so much in advance!
and good luck

Do you have a picture of you and his mother together? That is very important. My husband is Egyptian, but his interview was in Dubai...the only picture they wanted to see was me with his family meaning his mother. Mothers are so important in Egyptian culture...

here is the list:

-passport
-four passport pictures
-birth certificate
-University letter
-Military Certificate
-police certificate
-UnOpened Medical Exam

-evidence of support

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.