7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All,

We just got our NOA2 and were now preparing for the next step. We just have a couple of queries wed like to clarify before the interview..

Were looking at the I-134 Affidavit of support and we just wanna know how necessary it is for the petitioner to provide his income taxes last year and does it have to meet the 125% poverty guideline? My fiance was laid off with his job last year due to their company cutting off employees. So although he has all his w2s and tax returns last 2014, he barely made it to the 125%. His current job now however is definitely above 125% and he can get a letter from his employer and provide current pay stubs as proof. I know it is necessary for us to present his taxes last year, now we're afraid that our visa will get denied because of this.

Also, if we get a co sponsor, say like his pop..how do we go about it? There are 5 heads in living in his parent's house including him. 3 of them are employed and earning. SO my question is do we need to provide his dad's taxes from last year reaching the 125% for 5 household members or does that even matter? I need help, I'm really confused :wacko:

Timeline

Hi All,

We just got our NOA2 and were now preparing for the next step. We just have a couple of queries wed like to clarify before the interview..

Were looking at the I-134 Affidavit of support and we just wanna know how necessary it is for the petitioner to provide his income taxes last year and does it have to meet the 125% poverty guideline? My fiance was laid off with his job last year due to their company cutting off employees. So although he has all his w2s and tax returns last 2014, he barely made it to the 125%. His current job now however is definitely above 125% and he can get a letter from his employer and provide current pay stubs as proof. I know it is necessary for us to present his taxes last year, now we're afraid that our visa will get denied because of this.

Also, if we get a co sponsor, say like his pop..how do we go about it? There are 5 heads in living in his parent's house including him. 3 of them are employed and earning. SO my question is do we need to provide his dad's taxes from last year reaching the 125% for 5 household members or does that even matter? I need help, I'm really confused :wacko:

Barley making it is making it. They won't care if it's a penny or 10,000 dollars. And yes it's necessary to to meet 100% not 125%....125% is for AoS in the states.

Timeline

Barley making it is making it. They won't care if it's a penny or 10,000 dollars. And yes it's necessary to to meet 100% not 125%....125% is for AoS in the states.

Thanks! Sorry he only made 8K last year... and that's below the poverty guideline requirements. :(

Are we in trouble? :cry:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

And yes it's necessary to to meet 100% not 125%....125% is for AoS in the states.

That depends on the consulate.

This is from the Abu Dhabi website> http://abudhabi.usembassy.gov/iv_interview_faqs.html

The Affidavit of Support is a contract between a sponsor and the applicant that is required for some immigrant visas. The sponsor agrees to provide financial support for the applicant until the applicant becomes an American citizen or can be credited with 40 quarters (ten years or more) of work. The sponsor must show that he/she has income equal to or greater than 125 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (PDF 6KB) (click on link to access Guidelines) for his/her household size. Depending on the type of visa, either the Form I-864 (PDF 435KB) or I-134 (PDF 113KB)(click on links to access forms) will be required for this purpose.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi All,

Were looking at the I-134 Affidavit of support and we just wanna know how necessary it is for the petitioner to provide his income taxes last year and does it have to meet the 125% poverty guideline? My fiance was laid off with his job last year due to their company cutting off employees. So although he has all his w2s and tax returns last 2014, he barely made it to the 125%. His current job now however is definitely above 125% and he can get a letter from his employer and provide current pay stubs as proof.

This is key

I know it is necessary for us to present his taxes last year, now we're afraid that our visa will get denied because of this.

Also, if we get a co sponsor, say like his pop..how do we go about it?

Don't need one with his current job income.

There are 5 heads in living in his parent's house including him. 3 of them are employed and earning. SO my question is do we need to provide his dad's taxes from last year reaching the 125% for 5 household members or does that even matter? I need help, I'm really confused :wacko:

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Some really bad information here about the 125% requirement for K visas.

As K1 visas lead directly to Adjustment of Status it is rare that the 125% requirement is not used unless the petitioner is active duty military. Then the 100% amount is used.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Thank you for all of your replies.

Should the tax returns / tax records need to reach 125% on the poverty guidelines? Or are they just gonna look at the current income? (e.g. company letter, pay stubs, bank account).

We'll probably get his dad as our co-sponsor just for back up.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.