RIAAZ76

Evidence of Income (merged)

16 posts in this topic

Guys i don't know whether i am posting my question in the right place or not here goes.

Hope i can throw this info out there in the hopes that someone can advice me..

My Question is as follows.

On the day of the Interview if the Consular Officer refuses my Spouse for a Immigrant Visa because they find mine or my Sponsors AOS insufficient can they also refuse my son an Immigrant Visa.

Please note that my wife has just ended a TEN YEAR BAN due to an overstay back in 99-04 so they are gonna have a real hard on for us lol

I am a USC myself.

I have 4 Children, 3 of whom are US Citizens, Only one was born in the U.K while i was still an LPR back in 2005.

I filed the I130 for my Child and my Wife (of 16 yrs) and currently it is at the NVC for processing.

According to the Poverty Guidelines of 2015 I am supposed to be making $40,717 for a Family of 6

Currently i have no Job

Now i know for a fact that i do not have to fill out a I 864 AOS but rather an I 864W AOS (Exemption) because Under the Child Citizenship Act of 2000-2001 (any under 18 ,Unmarried Child/ren of an LPR who becomes Naturalized, will automatically become US Citizens), so basically upon arrival at the POE he will become a USC.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi,

The cases for your wife and child are not related. Each is judge based on its own.

Since you do not have a job, you do not meet the I-864 requirements for your wife. You will need a Joint Sponsor in order for your wife to receive a visa.

Your son does not have an I-864. You not having a job does not matter.

I had a question regarding Evidence of Income andneeded urgent advice.

On the Instructions it does not say it is mandatory to send pay stubs, evidence of income and Employment letter etc.

It says may send, and, or

If i only send the 1040 and W2 for 2014 should that not be sufficient ?

Can someone pls explain if Proof of current income is closely looked at because my Sponsor is going to be making 2,00 below the amount needed for 2 people on the poverty guidelines....

Will they RFE me ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

current income never can be shown by tax data documents,

as tax data documents covers prior year.

current is not prior.

Sorry.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

So if the emphasis is more on CURRENT income then why on the instruction sheet does it not say it.

Rather it says Most recent year Tax Photocopy or Transcripts.

Regarding Current Employment it says you may send if it helps...

I am sooo confused.

thank you

Timeline

prior year usually shown via tax data, that's why it's mentioned. Usually no other way to show prior year EXCEPT by tax data.

current annual income can be shown in a variety of ways. WHICH WAY your spouse picks is not important. What's important is that he shows it. the instructions gave examples of the various ways in which to show the current annual income. pick one.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

The joint Sponsors income for 2014 shows that he made enough to sponsor 1 person ($20,897)

For 2013 he made ($19,949) and for 2012 he only did ($17,500)..

Now here is is the kicker..

He started a new Job in Jan of this Year and he has been working less with my luck and if he submits pay stubs he will only make $18,000

I GUESS I SHOULD JUST GIVE UP ON THE WHOLE PROCESS RIGHT ?

IT'S NOT GOING TO WORK FOR ME IS IT..?

Timeline

spouse have assets to cover the gap? study the assets rule in the I-864 instructions.

no she is a poor Housewife..

My Father has a $300,000 House

He only has $45,00 of mortgage left to pay ...

That should work right ?

I have a Brother but he has refused.

I know many Rich people but they are too selfish.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** topics merged. Please do not post more than once on the same/ similar topics, this can be seen as spamming. ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

does the uscitizen spouse/petitioner have assets that qualify in the assets portion of the I-864 instructions?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

no she is a poor Housewife..

My Father has a $300,000 House

He only has $45,00 of mortgage left to pay ...

That should work right ?

I have a Brother but he has refused.

I know many Rich people but they are too selfish.

It's not selfish to protect themselves. Why should they put their families at risk for you? It's selfish to expect people to put their families at risk for you. It's selfish to expect people to say yes when you ask them for favors.

Yes as a matter of fact i RE ITERATE it is very selfish indeed.

It is very selfish for a person who knows someone (for a long time)in difficulty and who has lots of wealth to help but does not.

Especially when you do someone a favor and they cannot give you a favor back in return when they have the full power to do so..

I do not use the word selfish lightly as well.

I am talking about people whom i know who are Millionaires.

If i had the resources i would, after thorough investigation into a persons case(And based upon that persons attitude) sign an Affidavit of Support for anyone just to do a good deed.

If i had millions i would not care two hoots about that person depending on me for support,Heck i would carry them right until they got their Citizenship.

But that is just me...

THE MOST TOUCHING PART OF MY WHOLE ORDEAL THAT THE PERSON WHOM I FOUND TO ACT AS A SPONSOR IS NOT RICH AND IS WORKING HIS BUTT OFF WITH MINIMUM WAGE...

NOW THAT IS NOT SELFISH

THAT IS A HUMAN BEING...

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Yes as a matter of fact i RE ITERATE it is very selfish indeed.

It is very selfish for a person who knows someone (for a long time)in difficulty and who has lots of wealth to help but does not.

Especially when you do someone a favor and they cannot give you a favor back in return when they have the full power to do so..

I do not use the word selfish lightly as well.

I am talking about people whom i know who are Millionaires.

If i had the resources i would, after thorough investigation into a persons case(And based upon that persons attitude) sign an Affidavit of Support for anyone just to do a good deed.

If i had millions i would not care two hoots about that person depending on me for support,Heck i would carry them right until they got their Citizenship.

But that is just me...

THE MOST TOUCHING PART OF MY WHOLE ORDEAL THAT THE PERSON WHOM I FOUND TO ACT AS A SPONSOR IS NOT RICH AND IS WORKING HIS BUTT OFF WITH MINIMUM WAGE...

NOW THAT IS NOT SELFISH

THAT IS A HUMAN BEING...

Hi,

you should not give up! You can Sel-Sponosr yourself. 2 of you will need in most states 20.000 US$ a year income. The remaining amount can be closed by a joint sponsor OR Assets. For example, she makes 15.000 US$ a year, the gap is 5000. YOU as intending immigrant can close the gap by providing the difference in assets with the factor 5. Means, you need 25.000 US$ in an american bank account AS BALANCE OF ALL YOUR CHECKING AND SAVING accounts. What does this mean? If your sponsor has too less money, sell all you don`t need, ask your father to give you cash and put it in an American Bank Account (they can accept also UK accounts, but like American accounts more). In this case, the topic will be solved and you don`t need a joint sponsor.

I am sure your father with that house can afford giving you money for this purpose.It needs to be gift not a loan but this you can sort out with your father for sure... So, basically, bridge any missing income WITH YOUR OWN MONEY. It is allowed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.