SquigzPH

B2 TOURIST VISA APPROVED EVEN I DECLARED VISITING MY BOYFRIEND

22 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I WANNA PAY IT FORWARD

VJ has been very helpful to me ever since that moment I filled out a DS160 online in last quarter of 2013. So I wanna Pay it forward and help others.

My case is a proof that NOT ALL SINGLE WOMEN WILL BE DENIED IF THEY SAY THEY WILL BE VISITING THEIR BOYFRIEND IN THE US.

Yes, I am included in that 1%

Here is what happened.

My fiance (then BF) met online in Oct 2012.

We became BF and GF 27 January 2013.

He visited me September 2013.

Then when he went back to the US I filed for B2 tourist visa.

Having the same feeling as others. Being scared to death to be denied.

Nov 2013 First appointment I did not declare my relatives who are in California (they say it could be a reason for denial) and as well as the real reason which is visiting my boyfriend. I did not declare them at all in my DS160.

The day before my interview I came across an immigration lawyer online who is based in Manila. I texted him the situation and told him everything that I did not declare in my DS140. The immigration lawyer is Ryan Barshop. He called me and gave me advise at no cost! This is what he exactly told me "DO NOT GO TO YOUR INTERVIEW ANYMORE! YOUR DS160 IS FULL OF RED FLAGS! IT MIGHT RUIN YOUR FUTURE APPLICATION ESPECIALLY K1!"

By that time, I have decided not to appear at the embassy.

Worrying about the fee I paid for the tourist visa, I did my research and viola! My fee is good for a year!

I went online and completed another DS160.

This time I declared my relatives in california. I even declared that I will be visiting my boyfriend, but it will be all my expense.

I declared my job, 9 years with a Leading international Bank (though I was only a senior analyst then)

Come January 2014.

The moment I went inside the embassy is when I can feel my heart went up to my throat.

An old lady sat beside me and asked me if I am still single and I said YES! Old lady said "My grand daughter got denied, she was even together with her parents when she applied for B2". I found out that her grand daughter is a nurse. So she helped me to worry more.

Embassy asked for me to have another picture taken even if the pictures I brought was taken within the last 6 months.

MOMENT OF TRUTH

CO: What is the purpose of your visa application?

Me: I will visit my boyfriend in louisiana

CO: Have he been to the Phils?

Me: Yes last September

CO: Have you been abroad? What countries?

Me: Been to Hong Kong, Twice in Singapore and Malaysia.

CO: How long you been with your company

Me: almost 9 years now

CO: What do you do at work

Me: Blah blah blah blah

CO: I'LL APPROVE YOU VISA BASED ON YOU PROFESSION BUT I HAVE TO WARN YOU DO NOT GET MARRIED IN THE US WHILE YOU ARE IN A TOURIST

That's it! He did not even ask for any documents

First visit to the US was on July 2014 (3 week stay)

Second Visit was Dec 2014 when my boyfriend proposed to me (3 week stay)

My K1 interview is on 27 July. I am hoping my previous short visits to the US will help me get my K1!

:luv:

I am getting anxious about this. I am in the same boat. I will be visiting my boyfriend in LA and want to apply for B2-multiple entry. I have been working for 4 years in the same company and working as a freelance with 2 other companies. I am also trying to register my small business. But I don't think I am getting good money from them just yet. Not enough to impress the embassy at least. sigh.. I am a little worried, that even though I have jobs and business here they might reject me base on how much I am getting. :(

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am getting anxious about this. I am in the same boat. I will be visiting my boyfriend in LA and want to apply for B2-multiple entry. I have been working for 4 years in the same company and working as a freelance with 2 other companies. I am also trying to register my small business. But I don't think I am getting good money from them just yet. Not enough to impress the embassy at least. sigh.. I am a little worried, that even though I have jobs and business here they might reject me base on how much I am getting. :(

Previous international vacation can prove capacity to travel.

Edited by SquigzPH

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well I guess that is one CO with no career path.

Not sure how many Senior Bamk Analysts we see from PI.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

Senior Analysts from the PI - likely very few....and she has a travel history....many more pluses than the average produce seller living 120 miles from any big city in the PI....I've never said that everyone from developing countries should be denied B2 visas....I have stated that my wish would be for Congress to disallow AOS's from B2's, for example....which might mean other folks get a chance to visit or study or whatever....I've never said, 'close the borders and refuse everyone!'....but, since our current state of affairs regarding the use (or abuse) of B2 visas leaves a lot to be desired (from my perspective, perhaps not yours), it is no wonder that many COs are 'hard nosed'...because history has proven them right. The challenge for a CO is to identify the probable bona fide B2 visa holder in an ocean of applicants who almost all have the same stated reasons for returning (and a large percentage of their countrymen have proven how fragile those reasons have been)...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~One baiting, non-constructive post removed.~

~Post constructively, or do not post~

Pitaya

VJ Moderation

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

• 2 weeks later...

I applied for B2 visa last year in march. I wanted to visit my (American) boyfriend for the summer. This summer was the first one after graduating univeristy (bachelor's degree). And I didn't have a job. Also, I haven't traveled a lot in the past ( I didn't get a question about that though). So my situation looked not so good. A lot of people would tell me to hide that I am going to visit my boyfriend...but I didn't feel like it. I told the truth...and I got the visa! For 10 years. I was very surprised. The woman who was interviewing me was really nice and asked me a lot of questions about me and my boyfriend, how we met, our future plans etc (he visited me before). She also asked about my school, family and my career plans. I was just honest. I guess I got very lucky, but if you are in a similar or a better situation than me (you have a job and you didn't just graduate) you definitely should give it a try! I landed at the O'Hare airport where everything went smooth as well, I just got a few basic questions and I didn't hide anything again. The custom officer was polish just like me :). I have stayed in US for 2 months and a week, (on the interview I said I'll be there for a month because I thought so, and there was no problem with that) and I am going to spend about the same amount of time there next summer. Good luck everyone :).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.