dwheels76

August 2015 Interviews

673 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I received the email from NVC stating they sent ALL the documents (including financial documents) to the embassy. My wife would need to bring her original passport, original birth certificate, ect.

I checked in with the Embassy. NVC NEVER SENT the financial documents they said they did in the email. Just our petition and pictures and marriage certificate, ect.

So glad I checked with the embassy. I had to DHL the embassy my I-864, my tax returns, w2, pay stubs, ect.

Don't get caught off guard from NVCs mistakes.

Interview on August 13th.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

congratulations!!!!!!!!to everyone who received their interview date today I will be calling and Nvc in the morning to see if I have any luck case complete May 25th Jamaica,

I am happy to see everyone getting great news of interviews, but I'm also disappointed that no one from Jamaica got an interview. I called NVC yesterday morning and still nothing. I have this gut feeling telling me to try again today. To all my JA people's hang in there, we are almost to the end.

NAO1.......11/25/2013

NAO2.......10/01/2014

NVC Case #......11/28/2014

Case Complete......5/27/2015

Medical.......9/22/2015

Interview........10/06/2015 (Administrative Processing)

Visa Issued.......11/2/2015

DHL Email......11/4/2015

VISA Received.......????????

POE..........??????????

Woah emotion overload.

Just drifting off to sleep and my phone made the familiar *new email* bleep... Curiosity at receiving an email so late made me discover we have an interview at the embassy in London scheduled for August 21st.

Sucker punch! Wasn't expecting that at all!

Yay!! The day after mine!! Congratulations! Awesome feeling isn't it?? Suddenly, after all the months (in my case, 16 months!) of waiting, there is so little time left to get everything done! Still haven't received my email confirmation yet, but things are finally looking up!

Huge congratulations to everybody who got their interview dates - wow, the NVC has really been flying through the scheduling...can't remember ever seeing so many interviews popping up in such a short space of time - good!!

To all those still waiting, holding thumbs for all of you that your dates come soon!!!

2012/04/22: Introduced by a mutual friend in SA
2012/05/10: Officially in love! (L) (L) (L):wub:
2014/03/17: Married (happiest day of our lives)
2014/03/26: He leaves for US; I stay here and begin gathering documents :(
2014/06/30: Finally able to file I-130 (Nebraska)
2015/01/21: NOA2 (6 months and 19 days)
2015/02/24: Pay both AOS and IV fees
2015/05/05: Submit AOS packet
2015/05/05: Submit IV packet
2015/05/08: Scan date :dance:

2015/06/16: Case placed under 'supervisor review' :ranting:

2015/07/01: CASE COMPLETE!! (54 days since scan date) :goofy::dancing: :joy: :rofl:

2015/07/09: Received case complete confirmation email from NVC

2015/07/14: Received interview date via telephone from NVC

2015/07/15: Received P4 email

2015/08/20: INTERVIEW!!!!

2015/08/20: DENIED 😢  - Instructed to file I-601

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Process abandoned because we couldn't be apart any longer, plus $5,000 fee for I-601 - nope

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2021/06/23: Re-hired Lizz Cannon to resume I-601 Waiver application

2021/08/20: All required documents submitted to attorney Lizz Cannon, waiting for her to file I-601

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

If you have not gotten your card within two weeks of POE, then yes, show up at the SSA office. Where will your POE be? You can always ask your immigration officer if the box has been checked for SSN when you immigrate. We asked, and even though our DS-260 has the box checked, our officer told us to go in person.

Sukie in NY

I came in already on saturday at Laguardia...but for canadians we do our POE stuff at Pearson Airport in Toronto, we go through customs and immigration there because they have preclearance.. The officer asked if I paid the green card fee and I said yes and then I asked about the social security card and he said once I put yes on the DS260 it will be mailed to me...but Ive read so many stories about people not receiving theirs.

However like u advised, if I dont get it after two week I will go to the office and apply..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Please can some really explain this to me. In effect, my cc date is May 5th, and I ve been waiting for appointment date for more than 2,months now. We rang NVC today and fortunately got a rep who informed us that during the processing, we chosed an agent, but we haven't paid a "bill"(don't know what bill again). Actually, we proceeded by filling visa application fee forms, paid the visa fee of 420$, recieved AOS and paid fee of 120$. Now, my question is, what agent fee are they talking about?? If someone chosed himself as the agent, does he need to pay any fee. What did I really missed in the process???

Please, can someone kindly clarify me cuz I m lost.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Have they started scheduling Lagos august interviews? This process is draining me!

when is your CC? Have you called NVC in the last couple of days? I got my interview date yesterday, my cc was 05/26. try calling today

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Please can some really explain this to me. In effect, my cc date is May 5th, and I ve been waiting for appointment date for more than 2,months now. We rang NVC today and fortunately got a rep who informed us that during the processing, we chosed an agent, but we haven't paid a "bill"(don't know what bill again). Actually, we proceeded by filling visa application fee forms, paid the visa fee of 420$, recieved AOS and paid fee of 120$. Now, my question is, what agent fee are they talking about?? If someone chosed himself as the agent, does he need to pay any fee. What did I really missed in the process???

Please, can someone kindly clarify me cuz I m lost.

Did you pay $325 for IV?

Normally it's $420 for i-130 at uscis

AOS is paid $120

then $325 IV

Mother & Daughter
Mom's CC: May 19 2015
Kid's CC: July 10th 2015(after checklist)
Interview Scheduled: August 27th 2015
Medical Date: Sept 11th 2015(Passed!!!)
Registered our appointment online: Sept 16th 2015
Interview Date: Sept 29th 2015 Approved!!
Visa in Hand: October 1st 2015
POE: 11th October 2015 - Philadelphia

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I called yesterday and they told me nothing is happening yet. My cc is 6/9

when is your CC? Have you called NVC in the last couple of days? I got my interview date yesterday, my cc was 05/26. try calling today

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.