Saylin

NVC Filers - July 2015

884 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

This happened to me and my wife. The previous work experience tab disappeared. So far no problem, but I am waiting on Case Complete.

Just fill out what it asks for. If they want previous employer information they will ask for it at the interview. (This is what I learned from searching for solutions like you are currently doing)

Thank you for sharing.

I just hope it causes no delays...we've had enough of that already!

Well, I don't know if you filed ds260 yet? I can see you sent in all your docs already so that's good. Tigether with ds260 they can start working on your case complete.

Apparently when you have 3 n/a's it means CC. Not sure what the third n/a is supposed to be.

Anyone?

May be documents. Not sure. Mine still shows paid, complete and N/A.

gosh, i sent the monney order of the iv fees and the aos and the iv packages the 2sd july and i dont get any notice from nvc telling me that they get one of them

im too woried

Keep in mind, today is the first business day they've been open since July 2nd. They were closed on July 3rd for observance of Independence Day. There's a backlog at NVC, so you need to sit tight and wait a bit.

Hello.

We were able to fill our DS 260 finally yesterday!

I however noticed today that under the work/education/training information area, there is no tab for previous work/education/training.....

There's only a "Present"and "Additional" tab, no "Previous"...

Anyone experienced this? ...how do we solve this? Would this affect anything?

Please help!

Thanks.

You need to meet certain "criteria" to fill out the previous work experience. If you didn't get that section, don't worry about it. Some people get it, some others don't. You can have the information handy for the interview if you want, but it likely won't be asked.

Hello! I'm new to the NVC process, and while I'm waiting a few more days to call to see if they've received our case, I just had a few quick questions about what awaits me in the process (I read the wiki a few times, and searched, but wasn't able to find exactly what I wanted to know!)

- Can I already start getting together the documents for the AOS/i-864? I'm filing from abroad so need a joint sponsor, and just wondering if they can already send me their tax transcripts and paystubs? Or should the paystubs be dated for the same month as when I send the package? I don't want to do things to early and then have to redo everything later.

Yes, you could have started preparing the NVC documents as soon as you hit USCIS ;) Yes, it'll be fine if the pay stubs are from this month and if everything is dated from this month. You're close enough to when you'll be submitting the AOS package that it will be fine.

- How have people with joint sponsors dealt with filing out the i-864? Do you do it for them, then email it and they sign it and mail it back by post so you have the original signature? I've started to fill out mine, just to get all the information in one place, but I read for the real one on the portal there's a barcode. So I'd need to fill in their joint sponsor form online, print it out, and send it to them, right? Or print it out empty and fill it in by hand? If you fill it out for them, do you need to complete part 9, information on preparer, or is that more for lawyers?

It's up to you on how you want to deal with the paperwork from the joint sponsor. Either they send their form to you and you then send everything to NVC or you send everything to them, they fill their form out, then they send the entire AOS package to the NVC. Yes, it'd be best if you fill out the PDF online as, per USCIS's website: "The new form edition has 2D barcode technology to help us collect information quickly and accurately. As you complete the form electronically, the barcode stores your information." Plus, filling it out on a computer will give the reviewing officers at NVC an easier time reading everything compared to reading something by hand, which they may misinterpret letters/numbers. As someone who deals with people filling in forms, I can attest that some people's handwriting is absolutely atrocious, haha. And no, you don't need to fill in the section on preparer. That section refers more to a LEGAL preparer like a lawyer, attorney, etc.

- I know I'll need to get proof of reestablishing my domicile in the states, there's tons of info on that on the forums, but what do I actually put in part 4 question 5 "country of domicile"?? Does it have to be USA? I feel like that's lying is I haven't reestablished my domicile yet, but I guess the whole idea for USC abroad is that your domicile has always been the states, and you've just temporarily been away for years and years?

Yes, put the USA. You have to think of it either as you've maintained your US domicile this entire time OR you have the INTENT to re-establish your US domicile (which you do by moving back to the US with your foreign spouse). Either way, US should be your answer to that question ;)

Thank you so much for your help! From all that I've been reading, this is going to be a long process no matter what, so hoping your insights and help will make it go a tiny bit faster/smoother!!

Answers above in bold and blue.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Today I did check the forms,I felt most confusing...THE INCOME TAX PAPERS.....I have income tax papers and its very confusing ... These are lot of papers to which I have no clue....

Guys I have following 2 types of forms:

1 FORM 1040(1040 ,1040 SCHEDULE C, 1040 SCHEDULE SE, 1040 SCHEDULE EIC, 1040ES , 1040X )& FORM 8867 from dept of treasury-irs

2 IT 201, IT 201X,IT 215 from NV State dept of taxation and Finance

Are these the only ones that are required?any additions/deletions.

Any other document I might need?

I have not seen any form that says IRS transcript in them,where is the transcript :ranting:

IT201, IT201X, IT215 are state tax forms, except this send all the documents you have related to tax transcript.

try to create an account below IRS site. You should be able to download 1040 from IRS than what you have filled which is far better. Mean time request for tax transcript over the phone. you can get it in weeks time.

http://www.tax.ny.gov/online/

Tax transcripts are far better than all this schedules. We sent everything to be in safer side.

18-Apr-2014-----------------Marriage
USCIS
18-Aug-2014-----------------I130 Sent
19-Aug-2014-----------------I130 NOA1
21-Jan-2015-----------------I130 NOA2 (Five months and two days)
NVC
04-Feb-2015-----------------NVC Received Our Case
04-Feb-2015-----------------Husband naturalized and IR1 upgrade request sent to NVC
21-May-2015-----------------Case Upgraded to IR1
05-Aug-2015-----------------Received Case Complete confirmation email
10-Sep-2015------------------Interview Scheduled
16-Sep-2015------------------Interview email Received
Mumbai Embassy
18-Sep-2015------------------Medical (Chennai Apollo)
23-Sep-2015------------------Finger Printing (Chennai)
05-Oct-2015-------------------Interview - APPROVED
07-Oct-2015-------------------Passport Picked Up in CHENNAI
Check my profile for the detail timeline.

Timeline

Thank you! It really means a lot to have a support!

No reason for expedite, as its not urgent anymore, it all happened in 3 days

Hopefully you are right

We only sent in the AOS fee and the docs. We are yet to be invoiced the IV fee.

Because of the fiasco, we were told to send in the docs, which we did, and we paid the AOS fee.

To this date only part showing as complete is DS 261, AOS as unpaid and IV not even invoiced.

I just logged in again and still no progress, the AOS fee is still stuck at 'pay now' but it has been paid since 05/22

I am really hoping for some better new for all of us who are in the 'forgotten' list

This so feels like a black hole

Is your DS261 reviewed or not? Call NVC and dont ask them anything.. Ask them to review your DS-261. In that way you can get the IV fee invoice.

Have you got the payment confirmation from NVC? If not then no use of waiting. Pay online for now. You can use all other proofs to get a refund, but it may take years.

For us it happened in the IV fee, I tried all options nothing worked out. So paid again as we dont want to delay the process.

Only those got the fee payment confirmation got the status changed in the system.

USCIS
NVC
04-Feb-2015-----------------Husband naturalized and IR1 upgrade request sent to NVC
Mumbai Embassy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Is your DS261 reviewed or not? Call NVC and dont ask them anything.. Ask them to review your DS-261. In that way you can get the IV fee invoice.

Have you got the payment confirmation from NVC? If not then no use of waiting. Pay online for now. You can use all other proofs to get a refund, but it may take years.

For us it happened in the IV fee, I tried all options nothing worked out. So paid again as we dont want to delay the process.

Only those got the fee payment confirmation got the status changed in the system.

Thank you SiVin for the response

DS261 was reviewed on 06/01

I was told that the IV was supposed to be issued 3-7 days after 06/01

on 06/08 they have requested it again

on 06/15 the case was sent to the sup review

few days later I was told that our case is 'going necessary administrative processing' and we will be notified once that is over and that they have no estimate when will IV bill be issued.

Lately we have been told that our case has been sent to a super review again on 07/01

I talk to the sup once, when my mother in law passed away, they have informed me then that I can request the expedite, but in all honestly, there is no urgency now so I don't see what my bases for the expedite request would be anyhow.

We sent in the proof on the AOS payment three times, nothing happened

All we hear is ' we are really sorry, but you have to wait'

I see quite a few people on here being issued IV and AOS bill at the same time.

I have asked about paying the AOS bill again, but was told that paying the AOS bill again can only delay the process even further since the payment of AOS bill won't trigger the IV bill, only DS261 should and DS261 was reviewed on 06/01

This Friday will be the 30 day mark since the email proof was sent

The hope that I still have would like to wait it out until then, and to call and call NVC again

Timeline

Thank you SiVin for the response

DS261 was reviewed on 06/01

I was told that the IV was supposed to be issued 3-7 days after 06/01

on 06/08 they have requested it again

on 06/15 the case was sent to the sup review

few days later I was told that our case is 'going necessary administrative processing' and we will be notified once that is over and that they have no estimate when will IV bill be issued.

Lately we have been told that our case has been sent to a super review again on 07/01

I talk to the sup once, when my mother in law passed away, they have informed me then that I can request the expedite, but in all honestly, there is no urgency now so I don't see what my bases for the expedite request would be anyhow.

We sent in the proof on the AOS payment three times, nothing happened

All we hear is ' we are really sorry, but you have to wait'

I see quite a few people on here being issued IV and AOS bill at the same time.

I have asked about paying the AOS bill again, but was told that paying the AOS bill again can only delay the process even further since the payment of AOS bill won't trigger the IV bill, only DS261 should and DS261 was reviewed on 06/01

This Friday will be the 30 day mark since the email proof was sent

The hope that I still have would like to wait it out until then, and to call and call NVC again

Oh okay, now I got to know where you are stuck...

Dont worry.. these days also will go off soon.. lets keep praying for the good...

USCIS
NVC
Mumbai Embassy

Timeline

Dont worry.. these days also will go off soon.. lets keep praying for the good...

Thank you SiVin

All of that are stuck can only pray

Hopefully will be over sooner then latter

Timeline

Thank you SiVin

All of us that are stuck can only pray for now

Hopefully, it will all be over sooner then latter

Edited by 1stLoveRedo

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Keep in mind, today is the first business day they've been open since July 2nd. They were closed on July 3rd for observance of Independence Day. There's a backlog at NVC, so you need to sit tight and wait a bit.

You need to meet certain "criteria" to fill out the previous work experience. If you didn't get that section, don't worry about it. Some people get it, some others don't. You can have the information handy for the interview if you want, but it likely won't be asked.

Thanks Saylin.

Guess I shouldn't be worried then.

When i logged in to the nvc it finally showed my aos fee as paid.along with the message that my case has been sent to the embassay and the iv fee can be paid when you go for the interview and any other fees . this message allowed me to fill out the ds 260 and skip the iv fee for now.did anyone else get the same message when signing in?

Timeline

When i logged in to the nvc it finally showed my aos fee as paid.along with the message that my case has been sent to the embassay and the iv fee can be paid when you go for the interview and any other fees . this message allowed me to fill out the ds 260 and skip the iv fee for now.did anyone else get the same message when signing in?

is yours I130 or I129F?

USCIS
NVC
Mumbai Embassy

SiVin,

I'm filing the i130 spouse of us citizen. I just have to send the documents now. it shows n/a for my iv fee and aos fee as paid.

SiVin, this is the message i got when logging in to pay the iv fee:

The National Visa Center has forwarded your file to the US Embassy/Consulate where you are applying for an immigrant visa. Any other required fees must no be paid directly at the Embassy or Consulate at the time of your interview.

Please contact the US Embassy/Consulate if you have any questions. You can find the contact information by consulting this list of US Embassy/Consulate websites .

SiVin, this is the message i got when logging in to pay the iv fee:

The National Visa Center has forwarded your file to the US Embassy/Consulate where you are applying for an immigrant visa. Any other required fees must no be paid directly at the Embassy or Consulate at the time of your interview.

Please contact the US Embassy/Consulate if you have any questions. You can find the contact information by consulting this list of US Embassy/Consulate websites .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.