yangyang199888

interview no result need help!

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

the officer only ask me and my wife about 10 questions and he did not separate us. We both think the interview go really well. We have lots of joint stuffs and photos. Until he give us this

Notice of Interview Results

You have just completed your interview. USCIS is unable to complete your case at this time. Your case is being continued until a final decision can be made. Please see below for further explanation.

REASON FOR CONTINUANCE

Your case is being held for review. At this time, USCIS does not require any further information or documents from you. Should further information or documents be required, you will receive a notice in the mail. We may also schedule you for another interview, you will receive notice in the mail. Otherwise, a final decision will be mailed once your case is complete.

and told us to wait 120 days. Is anyone here have get the same note like us and what happen to your case? We really need some help! Thanks! PS I am so worried because my friends told me when they give you this note with 120 days most likely they will ask for second interview or go to your place. What I do not understand is, if the officer think we have issues why he did not separate us? My friend had interview at the same day but in different city and they got the same note but only for 30 days and the officer told them because the system was down. Do you guys think maybe this is the reason why we got this note? Thanks!

Edited by yangyang199888

Hello,

I was told at the interview that my green card was approved but I got it only 2 months after the interview. And I got 2 documents (though without signatures):

One – notice of interview results - has my name, immigration officer's name, my A-number and the date. And it says “your application has been recommended for approval. A final decision will be mailed once your case is complete”. The only other option which is not selected says “USCIS is unable to complete your case at this time. Your case is being continued until a final decision can be made. Please see below for further explanation” and below reasons for continuance listed.
The second one – Pursuant to Section 216 of the Immigration and Nationality Act, you have been granted CONDITIONAL permanent resident status as of APR 30 2015. You must file Form I-751, Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence between 1-31-2017 and 4-29-2017…

(http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/550968-interview-conducted-a-month-ago/ - here is my thread with worries)

I was frustrated and worried that they lost our papers. Because I was told on the spot that I was approved, I even remember the officer saying that I've been a conditional permanent resident as of the day of the interview but nothing changed online, nor green card was coming. And also I personally talked to the woman who came on the same K1 visa in the same state a month later, applied for AOS later, had the interview 3 weeks later than me in the same field office and got her green card a week after the interview and I was calling, asking for any information etc. but I couldn't get any.

So, anyways, I got my green card 2 months after the interview. They never asked for anything, no RFE, no second interview, though I was not afraid of it and did not mind it if it helped to speed the things up. It was a long wait for me, hopefully it wouldn't be so long for you. And good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

what visa did your spouse hold when entering the USA?

Are you a USCitizen? by birth? or by adjustment?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

and you ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

possible reasons (that I know about):

1. IO not having adjudicating authority, need supervisor to review or

2. A-File not in front of IO (this happens sometimes)

Thanks for answering me about your USCitizenship status, as if you were a USCitizen because of a spousal visa or AOS, 5 or more years ago, well, they want to pull your A-File and review it as well.

as to the stuff from your friend, sorry, no input about it.

possible reasons (that I know about):

1. IO not having adjudicating authority, need supervisor to review or

2. A-File not in front of IO (this happens sometimes)

Thanks for answering me about your USCitizenship status, as if you were a USCitizen because of a spousal visa or AOS, 5 or more years ago, well, they want to pull your A-File and review it as well.

as to the stuff from your friend, sorry, no input about it.

Thanks Darnell, I believe we did well on the interview, Hopefully I can get the result soon, I really do not want to wait 120 days....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from AOS/Family-Based Case Progress subforum to the "AOS from WS&T Visas" Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

IO was not in the mood I guess or IO decided to refer your case to a Supervisor for disposition or maybe some questions. Just hope for the best. But can you recall anything that might have given the IO something to rethink? It will be a waiting game for you and you will just have to check the status from time to time.

N-400 process

03/03/16 Submitted N-400 application and docs
03/09/16 USCIS ackn rcpt (txt, email, and NOA1) and chk cashed
03/29/16 Biometrics (walked in - orig date 04/05/16)
04/04/16 In Line for an Interview (txt, email, and checked case status)

05/16/16 Scheduled for an Interview (Case Status Online)

05/20/16 Received I/L
06/24/16 Interview date (PASSED)
07/20/16 Oath-taking at LACC ( I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!)

my wife and date about 1 year and half and we got married, my wife just finish her school last month, so before she finish her school she only come back home on the weekend but after she finished her school we see each other everyday. we live about 4 hours apart. I guess this make the officer worried?

IO was not in the mood I guess or IO decided to refer your case to a Supervisor for disposition or maybe some questions. Just hope for the best. But can you recall anything that might have given the IO something to rethink? It will be a waiting game for you and you will just have to check the status from time to time.

my wife and date about 1 year and half and we got married, my wife just finished her school last month, so before she finished her school she only came back home on the weekend but after she finished her school we see each other everyday. we live about 4 hours apart. I guess this make the officer worried?

Edited by yangyang199888

I had the same thing only they didn't give me the piece of paper about it, just that they couldn't make a decision at that time. my timeline has more on the issues we had with the incompetent interviewer but we were approved about 24-36 hours after our interview.

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.