ChelAnnan31

Applying For Tourist Visa After sending in K-1 application

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My Fiance and I are almost ready to submit the application form I-129, and my question is, would it be wise to apply for a tourist visa after for him if we have already sent the K-1 application? I have been to Ghana a few times already. He wants to come visit me here. I'm scared that if we apply for him a tourist visa and they deny, is that gonna look bad when he goes for his interview for the K-1? Or should I just plan my regular visit there until we know if he will be granted a K-1 visa? Pls I need some advice. Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

plan my regular visit there until we know if he will be granted a K-1 visa

This. The remote chances of his being granted a tourist visa from a tough embassy would fall even further when it was learned that an I-129F was in process.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Sorry but I doubt they would grant him a visa this is a tough embassy, and you would be wasting money, so save your money for your visit or wedding things

Timeline

Thank you so much TBone Tx. I been in an uproar racking my brain about this. I just come back from Ghana and try to go every 8 months, so I will definitely just continue my visits there until this is all over with!! :dancing:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If he qualifies why not apply?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Yea that is what I will do dear, Been traveling there every eight months for the past 3 years, once or twice more wont hurt me... Thanks as well Mrs Bonsu :goofy:

Edited by ChelAnnan31

Timeline

He qualifies but Ghana is Ghana ooooo. Its tough there and just dont want to take the wrong chances and delay this process longer than it already is. We been apart 3 years, dont want to add more time to it if you know what I mean. Thanks dear for your encouragement tho!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Lots of people visit during the process, having a denied visitor visa does not slow down the process.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Lots of people visit during the process, having a denied visitor visa does not slow down the process.

Yes, but this Emabssy barely wants to give you a fiancee or spousal visa, visit ha!

Timeline

I agree with Mrs Bonsu save your money for visits ..Tried last October for visa for my fiancé to come visit denied ...tried for K1 had interview in May denied.will be traveling back in Oct to get married and return home to apply for Spousal visa...very tough CO'S at this Embasy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.