14 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

A few weeks ago I had my VISA interview. During the interview, the consular officer informed me that my sponsor, (my wife) did not make enough money. However, the officer only looked at ONE of the W2 tax forms. There were 3 of them, totaling around $6000 dollars MORE than the minimum, along with an overall tax form (1040A). I tried to explain to the officer that my wife earned a lot more than what was on that ONE W2 form. e informed me that I would now need a joint sponsor, which will be IMPOSSIBLE for my wife to find. Needless to say, we are DEVASTATED. I have NO IDEA what to do! Can I re-submit the I-864 in hopes that he officer reviewing it will clearly see she earns enough? I sent an email to the consulate requesting a review of the tax forms about 2 weeks ago. I received an email saying they would forward it to a consulate officer for review. If anyone has any advice as to what I can and/or should do to rectify this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi,

A few weeks ago I had my VISA interview. During the interview, the consular officer informed me that my sponsor, (my wife) did not make enough money. However, the officer only looked at ONE of the W2 tax forms. There were 3 of them, totaling around $6000 dollars MORE than the minimum, along with an overall tax form (1040A). I tried to explain to the officer that my wife earned a lot more than what was on that ONE W2 form. e informed me that I would now need a joint sponsor, which will be IMPOSSIBLE for my wife to find. Needless to say, we are DEVASTATED. I have NO IDEA what to do! Can I re-submit the I-864 in hopes that he officer reviewing it will clearly see she earns enough? I sent an email to the consulate requesting a review of the tax forms about 2 weeks ago. I received an email saying they would forward it to a consulate officer for review. If anyone has any advice as to what I can and/or should do to rectify this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

This may be a great reason for people to use the tax transcripts. The officer couldn't interpret what ever was submitted correctly.

Did you get a 221 G ?

Obtain transcripts by mail or in person from any IRS office for the USC. Fax copy to consulate officer requesting review & new interview date.

Prepare for USC to contact their Senator & USCIS in the USA.

Timeline

This may be a great reason for people to use the tax transcripts. The officer couldn't interpret what ever was submitted correctly.

Did you get a 221 G ?

Obtain transcripts by mail or in person from any IRS office for the USC. Fax copy to consulate officer requesting review & new interview date.

Prepare for USC to contact their Senator & USCIS in the USA.

Hi,

Thank you for your response. My wife and I are going to get a copy of her tax transcripts, and mail them in with the I-864 and hopefully they will rectify the situation.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Current and continuing income is what is measured unless a person is self-employed. Past years' tax returns show a trend. What did you submit to show that her income NOW meets the standard?

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Anh map is correct it is current income that is most important. Was the tax form and w-2 for the current tax year 2014? Did you show other evidence of current income

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

Timeline

Anh map is correct it is current income that is most important. Was the tax form and w-2 for the current tax year 2014? Did you show other evidence of current income

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, there were 3 W2'S from 2014, however he only looked at one of them. There was also the 1040A, which is the sheet the IRS gives you when you file as married, but with spouse living in a different country. I don't have a SS#. That sheet indicated what the total amount earned was in that year. She has ordered her tax transcripts, and they will be here soon. Problem is, they want us to forward the new I864 with a joint sponsor to the courier service that I chose. So not sure if I should send the transcripts with a copy of the I864 to the courier, or send them back to the consulate.

Timeline

Current and continuing income is what is measured unless a person is self-employed. Past years' tax returns show a trend. What did you submit to show that her income NOW meets the standard?

Like I said to J&ana, I submitted 3 W2'S, AND the 104A. She worked through a staffing agency for a company, then they hired her full time, so it's 2 separate companies, thus 2 separate W2'S. She has a 3rd W2 for a part time position she held temporarily in 2014. Regardless, they all add up to $6000 over the minimum requirements, so we are confused as to WHY he wouldn't just turn the page and look at the other forms that we submitted.

Timeline

Cuurrent income means what you are earning today, this week, this month, year to date. That is what they need to see, not past income(2014, 2013, etc...)

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

Cuurrent income means what you are earning today, this week, this month, year to date. That is what they need to see, not past income(2014, 2013, etc...)

She also sent in her CURRENT paystubs along with the W2'S in the I864. I guess we will resubmit her current paystubs along with the transcripts. They didn't ask for current paystubs with the I864 but we submitted them anyways.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

You can check if you meet income requirements at USCIS.gov look for form i864p..if you qualify you can email them you're missing information.. That's what we did

Timeline

You can check if you meet income requirements at USCIS.gov look for form i864p..if you qualify you can email them you're missing information.. That's what we did

Thanks Lizzy! I know she qualifies as she made approx. $6000 OVER the minimum. I just didn't know you could email it. I will have her scan the tax transcripts as soon as she gets them. Question: How long did it take? Also, did you send a msg in the email requesting a further review? I'm not sure what to say except for the obvious like the case number, etc.

Timeline

W2's show income from the past. What the CO needs to see is proof of income being earned now. Typical evidence is an employer letter and a few recent pay stubs.

You seem to be spending too much time on past earnings and not enough on proving that what the petitioner earns now is sufficient.

Timeline

W2's show income from the past. What the CO needs to see is proof of income being earned now. Typical evidence is an employer letter and a few recent pay stubs.

You seem to be spending too much time on past earnings and not enough on proving that what the petitioner earns now is sufficient.

We sent an employer letter, her paystubs for the last year, AND documents SHOWING what she earned in 2014.What do they WANT? We gave them what they asked for. Tax transcripts are on the way from the IRS and we will email them in to rectify the situation.

Timeline

What do her recent (last couple of months) pay stubs show if annualized? What type of earnings were described in the letter?

Last year's tax return doesn't sound like the answer to the CO's question.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.