PlusUltra

Help My Granny!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys! Its me again LOL

My granny has been petitioned by my aunt so that she could be a permanent resident in the US. She is clueless regarding her paperwork and she doesn't know what Visa class she falls under. My uncle is the one who fixed up all her papers but he doesn't have a clue as well.

If you could ever so kindly help us out on the below questions, that would be awesome! :)

1. She has an interview scheduled on July 9 and yes, she CAN'T make it. How can we call up USEM and change her schedule or postpone until she has decided to really push through with her petition?

2. Is it possible for her to push through with her petition but she doesn't like to stay in the US for a long time. What's the shortest possible time for her to stay in the US? Is it possible for her to get a re-entry permit or something?

Any insight is much appreciated! :)

K1:

May 12, 2015: I-129F Sent

May 19, 2015: NOA 1

June 23, 2015: NOA 2

September 22, 2015: Interview (Approved)

AOS:

June 3, 2016: AOS Sent via USPS Express Mail

June 22, 2016: NOA 1

August 19, 2016: EAD/AP Approved

April 25, 2017: AOS Approved

ROC:

February 1, 2019: I-751 Sent via USPS Priority Mail

February 8, 2019: NOA 1

August 24, 2020: Card Received

N400:

March 6, 2022: N-400 Filed Online

March 7, 2022: NOA 1 & Biometrics Reused

October 20, 2022: Interview (Approved)

November 10, 2022: Oath Ceremony

I130 Minor Children:

December 20, 2022: I-130 Filed Online

November 15, 2023: Approval Notice

November 19, 2023: NVC Received

December 11, 2023: DQ'ed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I thought Granny was trying to get a Tourist Visa?

If this is the same granny I can't see a 81 year old wanting to move to a new country to live..........

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

She can go back on the next flight, but if she does not want to live in the US why are you doing what you are doing?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If aunt is granny's daughter then granny is under the IR5 visa category (parent of a US citizen).

If they read carefully all the NVC letters they received they'll find it there. ?

She can go back on the next flight, but if she does not want to live in the US why are you doing what you are doing?

Usually, it's the only way to visit their family in the U.S. Tourist visas are hard to come by in 'Pinas.

Timeline

Very expensive visit, especially when you add in the cost of Travel Insurance.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Very expensive visit, especially when you add in the cost of Travel Insurance.

Travel medical insurance does not apply. An LPR's home is the U.S. You can't use travel insurance if you are living in your US home and not traveling.

Timeline

If itwasusedfor immigrating then O agree, but the suggestion here is it will be used for visiting, maybe once, maybe as long as they can get away with it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.