nadiah100885

Status Updates in CEAC after AP issued.

280 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

US citizen.

Visa officer asked certain question regarding our relationship and family details and thereafter at the end of interview he was like at this stage i am not going to issue u visa and initiated AP but told us that within two three months ap will be completed.

but they are not concluding the AP since 2010... :ranting:

US citizen.

Visa officer asked certain question regarding our relationship and family details and thereafter at the end of interview he was like at this stage i am not going to issue u visa and initiated AP but told us that within two three months ap will be completed.

but they are not concluding the AP since 2010... :ranting:

Gosh, that sounds like a denial, but hopefully not. What have you done since 2010? Any congressional assistance requests?

Signature coming soon...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Good Morning all,

So, there was finally an update on my husbands case today. Last update was June 23. I'm not sure if they are actually working on his case though. I sent an email last Monday but got no response to the email. Today it has been 1 week since I sent that email, but still no response. Also, today it has been exactly 2 months since the embassy recieved all the requested documents.

Has this happened to anyone before?

Timeline

Do you think that the update on my case is due to the email I sent last week or the fact that they are actually working on my case?

I know I've had emails go unresponded to before and they didn't update the case. If you don't get a response in the next few days, maybe they actually touched your case?? Hopefully!!!! :)

Signature coming soon...

Do you think that the update on my case is due to the email I sent last week or the fact that they are actually working on my case?

I assume the update was just a change in date correct? But still ap?

I think it's possible the email could have helped someone take a look at your case...either way, someone looked at it which is a good thing!! Hopefully now they take some action!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello everyone my husband is also going through this ap prossess last month of july 31 he had his interview everything was quite good CO was nice with him he said everything is good but his medical was expired so co give him white sheet with 221g and said update medical need to be submit sop my husband done wih his new medical and send to them right after couple of days since all this prosses case got update couple of days so i just wanted to know how many days they will take to issue visa any idea please pray for us thank you.

Timeline

Naju, since everything went ok with the interview it will probably take about 30-60 days, since all they requested was an updated medical. But just know that once the AP process starts it could take, days, weeks, months or even years. I don't want to give any false hope. But Inshallah it will not take to long and your hubby will have visa in hand soon :)

Adel, it is always good when your status date changes, it usually means they are working on your case, so if you are seeing updates every week, definitely take that as a good sign :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Naju, since everything went ok with the interview it will probably take about 30-60 days, since all they requested was an updated medical. But just know that once the AP process starts it could take, days, weeks, months or even years. I don't want to give any false hope. But Inshallah it will not take to long and your hubby will have visa in hand soon :)

Adel, it is always good when your status date changes, it usually means they are working on your case, so if you are seeing updates every week, definitely take that as a good sign :)

Thank You for your reply nadiah100885 ill pray everyone get there visa on hand soon inshahallah keep in faith.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hello every one...

in response to my mails to embassy, I am getting the same stereotype replies from US embassy Islamabad for the last 5 years... I dont know whether they are working on the case or they are just sitting idle and put the case into the drawer...

Dear Sir/Madam, (17 Aug, 2015)

Our records indicate that the visa application for this immigrant visa case is still pending under administrative processing. Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to predict how long this processing may take. The wait could possibly be quite lengthy. However, please rest assured that as soon as this processing is finished, we will contact the applicant using the contact information he/she has provided on his/her application. Thank you for your kind understanding.

If the applicant has not heard from our office after six months, please contact our office again using the web-based email form available on the website of the American Embassy.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section, American Embassy

Islamabad, Pakistan

We are waiting longer than I thought we would be. Still in AP. At least we should be close. I noticed some cases that may have interviewed the same day as my fiance have been issued, but not issued for about a month after the interview. I was thinking maybe that's when the SAO's were back. On a Facebook page, someone said they were at the Afghan passport office and a worker said they received a bunch of Afghan passports to verify from the USEM. We don't know if that's true or not, but if it's true, then maybe his was in that bunch? The timeframe fits, but you never know.

Hopefully waiting....

Signature coming soon...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.