Lanel24

Zero income question (merged)

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im submitting i864, im using my husbands income bec im not working, but it still below the poverty guideline, so i get a co sponsor that meets the income requirement, do i still need money in the bank of atleast $2000 more or less or Not anymore bec a co sponsor is enough eventough $0.00 in the bank?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

No need for savings as long as the co-sponsor is comfortably over the poverty line.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

bec im thinking atleast 1500 just to show bec the co sponsor doesnt have savings too i guess but he have a house in U.S but i think his not gonna include it as asset just his job that shows on his tax thats above the requirement

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Highly related thread moved from other forum and merged with this thread. Duplicate thread removed. Please post only once on the same topic -- spamming the forums is a serious matter.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Hello..

Im petitioning my daughter.. If I have zero income bec im a fulltime mom.. But my husband and I file taxes together.. Is his income is my income too.. Its household income.. But his income is still insufficient..

Does he still need to fill I864A? or not anymore

And just... I864 for me and I864 for co sponsor?

Timeline

Does anyone here who is zero income and petitioning his/her own child and used a co sponsor and get an approved visa?

I just want to make sure bec all I read here is petition for their mother and spouse.... but mine is my daughter

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

who you are petitioning doesn't matter, as long as you have a joint sponsor that can cover the beneficiary

whether a spouse or family member

Hello..

Im petitioning my daughter.. If I have zero income bec im a fulltime mom.. But my husband and I file taxes together.. Is his income is my income too.. Its household income.. But his income is still insufficient..

Hi,

I saw your question and I actually saw this website this might help you :) -http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/free-books/fiance-marriage-visa-book/chapter14-16.html. Here are some of the paragraphs below;

Questions 6-9: This question is important for sponsors whose income is not enough by itself, but who will be using the income of members of their household to help meet the Poverty Guidelines minimum requirements. First, every sponsor must state his or her own income. Then, if the sponsor wants other people’s income counted, they must be mentioned in Questions 6-9. Unless anyone of these household members is the actual immigrant, they must plan to complete a separate agreement with the sponsor, using Form I-864A. The total annual household income from the sponsor and household members goes in Question 10.

Question 13-14: The sponsor should check this box to indicate that he or she has filed tax returns for the most recent three tax years and list the adjusted gross income reported to the IRS in Questions 13a to 13c. If the sponsoris able to provide tax transcripts or signed tax returns along with Form I-864, it will strengthen the application. Check the box in Question 14 if the sponsor is providing this documentation.

Part 7, Use of assets to supplement income

The sponsor needs to complete this section only if his or her income wasn’t enough by itself to meet the Poverty Guidelinesrequirements. If the sponsor needs to add assets, which may include such items as a house, car, or boat, remember to subtract debts, mortgages, and liens before writing down their value. And remember that the value of these assets will later be divided by three before being used to meet the Poverty Guidelines minimum if the sponsor is a U.S. citizen spouse, and will be divided by five if the sponsor is a U.S. permanent resident spouse. If some of the assets being used to meet the minimum belong to the immigrant, attach a separate page describing these (and of course attach documents to prove their ownership, location, and value).

If the combination of the sponsor’s household available income and either one-third or one-fifth (as appropriate) of the sponsor’s and/or the immigrant’s assets do not yet meet the Poverty Guidelines minimum, the immigrant will still need to hand in this Affidavit, but will definitely want to seek a joint sponsor.

710-23-2014 - K1 interview (Phils): Approved
10-31-2014 - K1 Visa received
01-20-2015 - POE
02-20-2015 - Marriage
03-20-2015 - AOS/EAD/AP Packet Submission (day 0) ** date I submitted ***
03-24-2015 - NOA1 received (day 4)
03-27-2015 - NOA1 hard copies received (day 7)
04-06-2015 - Biometrics letter hard copy received (day 17)
04-16-2015 - Biometrics Appointment (day 27)
05-01-2015 - USCIS changed to Interview is scheduled (day 42)
05-06-2015 - Hardcopy of interview notice received ( I-797 C, NOA) (day 46)
06-02-2015- Conditional GC got approved (day 82) 
06-08-2015- Hard copy of Welcome notice received via mail (day 88)
06-10-2015- Actual GC received via mail  (day 90)
ROC
4/06/17 - Sent package (day 0)
4/7/17 -  USCIS received package (day 1) NOA date
4/14/17 - check encashed (day 😎
4/15/17 - NOA 1 received (day 9)
4/22/17 - Biometrics notice date (day 16)
4/29/17 - Biometrics notice letter received (day 23)
5/9/17 - Biometrics done (day 33)
3/19/18 - Case approved
3/23/18 - Approval letter received
4/6/18 - Actual 10-yr GC received 
N400 (under 3-year rule)
4/27/18 - filed N400 online (Friday) (day 0)
4/27/18 - paid/payment received (day 0)
4/27/18 - NOA date
5/21/18 - Biometrics done
7/25/18 - Interview letter date
8/31/18 - Scheduled interview. Got approved!
9/20/18 - Naturalization ceremony in Faneuil Hall, Boston, MA

"Seasons of waiting are designed to prepare you, stretch your faith, and get you ready for everything that's coming next" - curiano quotes life

Hello..

I have the same question. My petitioner does not work but she and her spouse fill taxes together. So, the income has been mentioned on the latest 3 years tax returns column and her spouse has filled i864A. Are we on the right path? My petitioner has filled i864 and her spouse has filled i864A but in both the forms income tax return is the same as both file jointly. And her son is co- sponsor for us. Edited by destroyed92

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.