towmal

Documents present during interview and codes help. Thanks

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello guys, first of all thank you all for posting your reviews and tips. You might not think it does but it truly does help people like me who are still on this journey. My interview date is on Jul 27. Just wanted to confirm this with the experts here. So this is from the interview letter and it says what I should present etc.. Question I have is marked in RED.

PASSPORT J (Need to bring in)
- BIRTH CERTIFICATE J (Have original to bring in)
- MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE J (Have original to bring in)
- FINANCIAL EVIDENCE Y ( Y code means The NVC sent this form or document to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate)
So do I still have to take anything with me like my AOS docs, or my sponsors income tax or paystub etc as proof of support?
- CANADA POLICE CERTIFICATE J (Have original to bring in)
FEE PAYMENT $ (PAID)
-PROOF OF APPLICANT'S CURRENT LEGAL RESIDENCE J (Will bank statements mailed to me at my address be sufficient?)
Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

They will ask for the 2014 tax information if you haven't already supplied it, so be prepared.

If your spouse was married before, be sure to bring the divorce documents (I didn't as my letter from NVC had it coded "F" and am now in AP)

I had proof of address, but they didn't ask for it. I had proof of relationship and they didn't ask for it.

My advice is to bring everything.....because if they ask for it and you don't have it, you will be in AP purgatory like me! :ranting:

Timeline

They will ask for the 2014 tax information if you haven't already supplied it, so be prepared.

If your spouse was married before, be sure to bring the divorce documents (I didn't as my letter from NVC had it coded "F" and am now in AP)

I had proof of address, but they didn't ask for it. I had proof of relationship and they didn't ask for it.

My advice is to bring everything.....because if they ask for it and you don't have it, you will be in AP purgatory like me! :ranting:

Thank you for your reply. I understand I have to provide my income tax 2014 which i have. And I was never married before so doesnt apply to me.

I was referring to when it says Evidence of finance and Y which means sent to consulate already...should I still require to bring anything regarding AOS to the interview, like the petitioners income tax, pay stub or AOS form.

Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Thank you for your reply. I understand I have to provide my income tax 2014 which i have. And I was never married before so doesnt apply to me.

I was referring to when it says Evidence of finance and Y which means sent to consulate already...should I still require to bring anything regarding AOS to the interview, like the petitioners income tax, pay stub or AOS form.

Thanks.

My husband's interview is July 16th. I'm sending him an exact replica of what was sent to the NVC. Along with anything that needed to be updated since then (updated employment letter, updated pay stubs, etc.) Now is not the time to be lazy. Now is the time to be safe rather than sorry. It's better to have too much than too little :)

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

Timeline

Thanks.

Just so I understand....you are the Canadian that is immigrating to the US correct?

If that is the case, you are the applicant and your US spouse is the petitioner. The petitioner must prove to immigration by way of tax receipts that they can support you, so you will need the US person's tax info. I was not asked for the AOS, or my husband's pay stubs, just his 2014 taxes. At no time did they ask for my tax info or employment info.(I am the one immigrating to the US)

Timeline

Just so I understand....you are the Canadian that is immigrating to the US correct?

If that is the case, you are the applicant and your US spouse is the petitioner. The petitioner must prove to immigration by way of tax receipts that they can support you, so you will need the US person's tax info. I was not asked for the AOS, or my husband's pay stubs, just his 2014 taxes. At no time did they ask for my tax info or employment info.(I am the one immigrating to the US)

Thank you you basically answered my question. Yes I am a Canadian Citizen and my US spouse is the petitioner. I have my wife's 2014 income tax and I will be taking that with me. AOS and other proof was already sent to consulate as per my letter and the code Y.

Timeline

Thank you you basically answered my question. Yes I am a Canadian Citizen and my US spouse is the petitioner. I have my wife's 2014 income tax and I will be taking that with me. AOS and other proof was already sent to consulate as per my letter and the code Y.

Good luck! Hope it all goes smoothly for you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.