Rob L

Guns in America: For every criminal killed in self-defense, 34 innocent people die

119 posts in this topic

The endless threads on guns in America do no good at all. What is being forgotten is that the bill of rights gives all Americans the right to own firearms. The SCOTUS has upheld that right and it is the law of the land. Everyone just needs to face that fact. It is one of the facets of living in the USA. I really doubt that the Constitution will ever be changed so if someone wants to live in the USA they need to deal with it and stop b!tching. You are just wasting your time and energy.

Did you vote for Obama? (2nd time I have asked you this question).

I just don't understand how a male in the USA could have your mentality regarding guns.

I grew up hunting and fishing, I was given a 12 gauge shotgun as my birthday present, it was a big deal for me, It was like becoming a man and going from hunting with a BB gun hunting with a real gun.

I don't think my voting record is important to this discussion but I did indeed vote for Obama twice. Had the Republicans put up a half decent alternative I would have considered a vote for him or her. But alas they did not.

Back to topic. I fail to understand what makes gun owners so sensitive when it comes to dispensing with their fantasies that they and their peacemaker are all that stands between a world of danger and the world of the good. That having a gun in the home is the only responsible thing to do.

That occasionally a gun owner does thwart a bad actor only feeds the fantasy. The problem being far more harm than good happens daily and that is an inconvenient fact.

I don't want the government to go forth and take those precious guns away. I just don't want the gun lobby fantasy to encourage more proliferation of guns based on the false premise that guns make people safer. It appears that gun owners aren't satisfied with merely owning and possessing their guns, but they also have a strange need to buy into the delusion guns make them safer, but worse a complete compulsion to insist that everyone believe that.

Own a gun. It doesn't make you safer. You are free to do it. 'Merka!

The endless threads on guns in America do no good at all. What is being forgotten is that the bill of rights gives all Americans the right to own firearms. The SCOTUS has upheld that right and it is the law of the land. Everyone just needs to face that fact. It is one of the facets of living in the USA. I really doubt that the Constitution will ever be changed so if someone wants to live in the USA they need to deal with it and stop b!tching. You are just wasting your time and energy.

'Merka!

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Why on earth would I need to know his circumstances? Increased risk is simply that, increased risk.

Read this slowly:

You might be happy to take the risk having a gun in the home poses. But the reality is that a home with a gun is less safe. Quite frankly it's a simple thing to understand.

If you are taking the risk don't do so because you believe that you are likely to find yourself in a John Wayne situation where you and your trusty peacemaker will be saving the day. That's fantasy.

My gun my choice

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't want the government to go forth and take those precious guns away. I just don't want the gun lobby fantasy to encourage more proliferation of guns based on the false premise that guns make people safer. It appears that gun owners aren't satisfied with merely owning and possessing their guns, but they also have a strange need to buy into the delusion guns make them safer, but worse a complete compulsion to insist that everyone believe that.

Own a gun. It doesn't make you safer. You are free to do it. 'Merka!

'Merka!

"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."

George Washington

First President of the United States

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Some people prefer guns, some prefer whistles, everybody should be free to make their own choice.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."

George Washington

First President of the United States

Problem is, Washington never said these words.

In conclusion, QI hypothesizes that the quotation originated in an issue of “Hunter-Trader-Trapper” in 1926. The passage was composed by C. S. Wheatley and not by George Washington. Unfortunately, the text was misread, and the words were incorrectly attributed to Washington. The faulty ascription was widely propagated in newspapers by the 1970s and 1980s.

http://quoteinvestigator.com/2015/02/26/firearm/

Nice try but as usual: FAIL!

Yes it is. Deal with it.

Another upstanding member of the reading and reality challenged? I have already made very clear that I don't support taking away your precious guns. But'feeling' safer and being actually safer are not the same thing. Deal with it.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Another upstanding member of the reading and reality challenged? I have already made very clear that I don't support taking away your precious guns. But'feeling' safer and being actually safer are not the same thing. Deal with it.

I didn't express a opinion either way. I just pointed out that it is a moot point to begin with. I think your reading comprehention (sp?) needs some work.

Timeline

Abandon all logic those who enter CEHST.

Remember it is all about making some people feel good, nothing more.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Abandon all logic those who enter CEHST.

Remember it is all about making some people feel good, nothing more.

Isn't that the truth. It is why I haven't posted in so long, it is an exersize in futility. I guess this is what I get for being bored. However, I feel good about myself and my life without the need for validation from the interwebs, so all is good.

Timeline

On the other hand a quick dabble in here makes you realise why things are why they are, explains all those ####### moments.

On the other hand a quick dabble in here makes you realise why things are why they are, explains all those ####### moments.

This is true. I have gotten cynical over the last few years and I realize that all the time and energy spent on rants do no good at all. It is entertaining watching some people get worked up over something that can't be changed. It's a little like being pissed because the sky is blue and taking to the net to b!tch about it.