lynboa

K1 in AP and 221 (g)

100 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Ok the visa coach also help with spousal petitions though, whichever one I decide on I guess. But has anyone heard abt him before? And another thing is I have read a lot of articles that states you need to know the reason for refusal before u even try and refile because same issue can resurface. To the best of my knowledge the only question he told me he answered wrongly was how I immigrated to the states I don't know if there were other reasons u know.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

The stupid don't believe relationship denied visa result. .don't waist anymore money on a coach just marry as I will do and others have. as was stated in above message everything in file gonna be there ..so what is coach gonna make different for you. .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I have come across the visa coach a few times, not sure what such a service could add in your situation, just help filling in forms.

You have not chosen to share all the details of your application with us and there is no reason you should, there are however a number of clues in what you have posted that suggest why the visa was refused. Seems that they do not believe the validity of the relationship.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Did you include a fresh signed letter of intent from both of you at the interview ?

Did you include any engagement ring receipts or any photos celebrating your engagement ?

Any future plans given the CO about when, where, how you have talked about your future wedding after arrival in the US ?

Did you front load your petition ?

Analyze the interview literally question for question and answer for answer to get insight what the CO didn't like. Your clue is in how the

interview went in detail.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

I found this old thread about Fred Wahl http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/295583-fred-wahl/

Why pay that much for what you can get here for free on VJ ? Research and study the guides, take a break to really read up on both visa types

and if something is still unclear come back and ask for help. If this guy is not familiar with the pattern and quirks of your embassy then

it can turn in to another failure. Every embassy is different in what they want and are looking for. Embassy reviews and your regional forum is where

you can also get specific advice.

Fred Wahl is a match maker and can't give legal advice if push comes to shove.

You are ultimately in the driver's seat and it is best to invest time in understanding the process yourself in my opinion.

If you don't want to invest time to DIY then hire a competent attorney who is familiar with your embassy, not the guy down the street because he is

closest.

Spoiler

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

Alright so im defnately not gonna use the visa coach because been here barely a wk and i guess i have learnt so much from you guys.I wish i had stumbled across this community earlier but its ok, at least i got you guys now.I just cant thank you all enough.Back to the matter

@Boiler, i guess i have been clear enough. I gave all the details but i'm gonna go ahead and give a detailed one. So we hired a lawyer to help us file for a k1 visa for my fiancee who is overseas. To be very honest the only thing he did for me was just put a stamp on the application and mailed it,like Ebunoluwa puts it. He did absolutely nothing for me. So on the day of interview my fiancee took emails,pictures,whatsaap msgs,fb messages as a prove of our relationship. We had evidence as far back as 2010. My fiancee and i met when i was in high sch. we broke up and after a long while we came back together.Since i travelled to the states with been in constant communication but then in 2012 we were both single so we decided to give it a shot. We communicated for a while and in Dec 2013 i went back home and we got engaged in the traditional way. Both families were togther for the occasion. I stayed for two months and came back to the states in Feb 2014. So in Aug 2014 i filed the i129 FOR HIM. In Dec 2014,i went back to visit him and spent a month with him. These were the questions asked him

1. His name and place of work

2.How we met

3.My date of birth

4.my profession and place of work

5.How long i had been living here in the states

6.Did he know i had a daughter

7.my daughter's name n age,date of birth

8.I had been in Ghana in 2011 but i was dating then, i went with my ex boyfriend but i did see my fiancee but we never dated. so she asked him

what transpired between the 2 of us when i first visited in 2011

9.where my father live

10.how many brothers and sisters i have

11.The year and times i visited Ghana after 2011

13. in my chat i did mention i was gonna feed a baby( so she asked who the baby was,and my fiancee mentioned that my mother babysit that baby)cosular asked why i would babysit him? my fiancee told consular baby is very familiar with me so i do feed him anytime i was around

14.Asked of names of babys parent

15.who is Akua(thats my local name )

16.She then asked asked how i immigrated to America,then my fiancee said my older sister invited me. This is the only question i know he got wrong because i came to the states with a DV lottery but he did not know. its something we had never discussed b4

SO THEN SHE SAID SHE SEES A RELATIONSHIP HERE BUT SHES NOT CONVINCE ITS GONNA LEAD TO ANYWHERE.SHE CAN'T TAKE A DECISION SO SHE'S SENDING APPLICATION BACK TO THE STATES. ps SHE DID MENTION WHY WE HAVNT MARRIED ALL THIS WHILE. so that is our story,hope this suffice

Timeline

I see no issue with what you narrated but he should have known and you should have discussed how you came to the USA.

He basically made up the story that your sister invited you. I am a naturalized USC and we discussed how I came over, it just came naturally

to talk about it. In my opinion he should not have been denied over this one question though because you visited several times and stayed quite a while

and had a nice engagement ceremony with both families present.

Don't now what more they want.

She asked why you didn't marry all this while ? What was the answer ?

I pm'ed you for your other questions you asked me.

Spoiler

Timeline

I see no issue with what you narrated but he should have known and you should have discussed how you came to the USA.

He basically made up the story that your sister invited you. I am a naturalized USC and we discussed how I came over, it just came naturally

to talk about it. In my opinion he should not have been denied over this one question though because you visited several times and stayed quite a while

and had a nice engagement ceremony with both families present.

Don't now what more they want.

She asked why you didn't marry all this while ? What was the answer ?

I pm'ed you for your other questions you asked me.

I suspect that the person who may have interviewed him, gives everyone a hard time I try to let everyone know this is very tough Embassy! They really don't wanna approve anyone from her evidence and everything that they have done he should have been approved, it's easy to denie a k1 at this Emabssy that is why I suggest marriage then reapply for the marriage visa I have been to this Emabssy twice and I only saw two consulars who were approving visa's

Timeline

Hi guys I'm new here. I need help guys Pls help me find some answers to my questions. My fiancée went for the interview in home country and he was told by the consular that he sees our relationship as a mere one. He had provided tons of evidence you can't even imagine. So she told him his application was gonna be send back to the USCIS for review. So I checked his case today and it say AP. What is going on as AP here means good news to a lot of people on this forum. Please I need your help. You guys are awesome.by the way his also in the 221(g) thing

all I can say go back to GHANA and marry him only positive chance

Timeline

Ok the visa coach also help with spousal petitions though, whichever one I decide on I guess. But has anyone heard abt him before? And another thing is I have read a lot of articles that states you need to know the reason for refusal before u even try and refile because same issue can resurface. To the best of my knowledge the only question he told me he answered wrongly was how I immigrated to the states I don't know if there were other reasons u know.

they (co) from GHANA don't believe any relationship is bonafide only a few get threw N I believe they do that so it want make them look bad if I was you I would go N get married I had to get a lawyer N they file all the paperwork and I supply the evidence and if I run into any problems during the interview because I'm planning on being there for my husband interview by the grace of God if I can be of vany assistance just let me know

Timeline

Thank you so much Ebunoluwa, his interview was on the 8th of June this month Pls I am so confused and depressed as it stands. You mean I need to contact my congressman to find out if the application have been returned? How do I go about contacting him, Pls can you show me the steps? This was on Monday you think they havn't returned it already? Pls help me my dear. Thx very much

Wow...Our interview was on June 8 as well. We were denied the K-1 visa. The CO stated that she had doubts. We had tons of evidence but all the questions were not about us as a couple. It was crazy. We waited 8 hours before we even got interviewed.

We got married a week later. So now we file for CR-1 and move forward with this process. In Ghana it can take up to 6 months for them to send your case back. I wish you the best in whatever route you decide to take.

s-event.png

s-event.png

s-event.png

Marriage: June 15, 2015

File I-130: June 29, 2015

USCIS PD: June 30, 2015

NOA 1: July 2, 2015 (Nebraska)

NOA 2: December 10, 2015 (161 days)

NOA 2- Hard copy: December 16, 2015

Case Sent to NVC: December 17, 2015

NVC:

Case received: December 21, 2015

Case and IIN#: January 5, 2016

Choice of Agent -DS-261: January 6, 2016

AOS Fee Invoiced: January 6, 2016

AOS Fee Paid: January 6, 2016

IV Fee Invoiced: January 7, 2016

IV Fee Paid: January 19, 2016

DS-260 Completed: January 19, 2016

Sent AOS & IV Packets: January 28, 2016

Scan Date: January 29, 2016

Case Complete: March 2, 2016

Interview Scheduled & Letter Received: May 25, 2016

Interview Date: July 18, 2016

Visa In Hand:

POE:

Timeline

ok guys so i have decided to go on the CR 1 route like you all advised, I am travelling next month to home country to get married to my fiancee,any advise on what kind of evedence to gather while im there? Another thing is, i need a step to step guide to help me compile my application,pls help me find the guide to the CR 1 application. I had been reading through most of the spousal application route forums and i realised a lot of people have problem understanding the K3 and the CR1 application,im also very confused on what to do first ie(i130 or the i129) pls ur advise on this route,thanks i do appreciate you all.

Timeline

ok guys so i have decided to go on the CR 1 route like you all advised, I am travelling next month to home country to get married to my fiancee,any advise on what kind of evedence to gather while im there? Another thing is, i need a step to step guide to help me compile my application,pls help me find the guide to the CR 1 application. I had been reading through most of the spousal application route forums and i realised a lot of people have problem understanding the K3 and the CR1 application,im also very confused on what to do first ie(i130 or the i129) pls ur advise on this route,thanks i do appreciate you all.

Disregard the K3, it is no longer viable and will be administratively closed at NVC where you will go forward with the I-130.

Here is the guide for the CR1 : http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Spoiler

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.