rajib177

Adding children after visa interview

9 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi, I am a permanent resident. Applied for my wife. Her interview is scheduled on July 7th. She is pragnent and her delevary date is July 22nd. She will attand the interview but will travel with our baby. How can I add my baby to this application after the interview?

And my citizenship exam is also scheduled on July 8th. If I become a citizen is it going to help me to bring them here fast or being a permanent residence is better?

Please help me answering these questions.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Sine you will become a citizen after your wife's interview, it won;t matter for her, but it may mean you can to CRBA for the child (ie it will be a US citizen immediately).

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

My citizenship exam is on july 8th, but if i pass the exam i have to wait for the oath ceremony. Then i will be a citizen. During this time if my baby born she will not count as citizen. Before her birth i have to be citizen. And the time is so close. I have asked some friends about how long it take to go for oath after the citizenship interview. Its about a month. But her delevary date is only 14 days later after my interview.

If i am right should i change my citizenship interview date? So my child will be derevative under same case?

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This may or my not be of help, but babies seldom come when they're scheduled to. If your wife is successful at her interview and is granted the immigrant visa, it depends on how soon she'll be able to travel, and heavily pregnant women aren't usually allowed to travel unless its an emergency.

Additionally, you'll have to notify NVC that you've taken your citizenship oath and to upgrade your petition for your wife, and that will take time.

*** Father Immigrated with 9 y/o sister in 2009

• I-130: Oct 2010  //  NVC appr: Nov 28, 2010 // RFE rec'd: May 14, 2014 // RFE returned with DNA test Jul 28, 2014  // I-130 approval rec'd Aug 18, 2014 // NVC rec'd Oct 31, 2014 // Welcome letter recd Feb 22, 2016 // AOS bill / IV bill paid Mar 27, 2016 //  Sent in supporting docs, Aug 11, 2016

*** Father became naturalized Citizen in Nov 2016, sent in opt-out request, received Nov. 2016, 

• Case complete Nov 11, 2016 // Interview Package rec'd May 5, 2017 //   Medical May 17 ,2017 // Interview: Jun 2, 2017 // Passport rec'd Jun 8, 2017 // POE: Jun 22, 2017 // SSN changed Oct 08, 2017 // GC/I-551 rec'd - Jul 15, 2017

** Filing for naturalization (N400)

• PD 3/31/2022
  • Biometrics: 4/26/2022
  • Interview Date: 11/21/2022
  • Oath Ceremony:

Timeline

My question to you guys is if I become citizen after my baby born is it good or permanent resident status is good? My main concern is adding my baby to my existing petition as soon as possible because my wife interview date is scheduled.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you become USC after childbirth and after F2A visa is already issued then you can no longer add the baby. You must file a new i130 for the child or file CRBA (if you meet the residency requirements).

Timeline

Ok. So if my status don't change what is the procedure to add my child with my wife petition? Her interview date is on July 7th and her delevary is on July 22nd. She is going to attend her interview.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok. So if my status don't change what is the procedure to add my child with my wife petition? Her interview date is on July 7th and her delevary is on July 22nd. She is going to attend her interview.

She can ask the embassy directly since she's there already so she can get full details. She'll be dealing with the embassy from now on. After birth, expedite processing of baby's birth certificate and passport. You prepare new AOS too. The fees will be paid at the embassy during baby's appointment/interview.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.