19 posts in this topic

Hello all!

I have found this website useful to get answer that are hard to obtain. Anyone who is searching knows how difficult it is to get official answers from the Embassy. I thought id add our story. I'll try to keep it simple. Our journey was quite easy up until our K1 interview and we hit a problem that id like to share with you.

MAY 8th - K1 INTERVIEW at the London US Embassy.

During this process, Jason and i were so careful in making sure that we had the correct documents for the interview. Our Visa was not granted on the day due to a missing document from the medical examination.

Some years ago i was convicted of a DWI when i was working in the United States. Usually the medical department ask for a police report when doing the examination (which i did), however the police report was clean as my offence was committed in another country, SO........ the medical department had no reason to do an alcohol dependant test. ADVICE! DECLARE EVERYTHING!!!!! Even though i provided everything the medical department asked for, if you feel its worth mentioning. MENTION IT!!!

Anyway, the officer at the embassy told me to book another Medical Appointment and she kept my Passport in readiness to issue my visa when obtaining the updated document. No second interview was required.

MAY 11th - I attended a new appointment at the Doctors and i had an alcohol dependant test. Basic sit down about alcohol use. No blood tests required. I'm pretty sure further tests are required if the doctor has reason to believe there is an issue.

MAY 13th - The updated medical was sent to the embassy.

MAY 15th - After i had sent numerous emails to the London Embassy i finally got confirmation that they had received the missing document. CEAC status - ADMIN PROCESSING (the scary kind)

MAY 20th - CEAC status - Ready (ready for interview) so confusing as i was told i did not need another interview. From the research i did online, i was not to worry. This status message will show until the creation date changes.

Many date updates happened throughout the next waiting period but no status change.

June 2nd - CEAC status - READY (open case). The creation date changed to current date. The application changed from IMMIGRANT to NON IMMIGRANT. Message stated to check back in 2 days. From my research, this CEAC status indicates that the visa in the final stages of processing. The reason they ask to check back in 2 days is because the case falls back into ADMIN PROCESSING which scares people. Don't worry! This is totally normal.

June 3rd - CEAC status - ADMIN PROCESSING. Like i said, this is generally a good sign. Don't Worry! Next update should be ISSUED!

June 4th - CEAC status - ADMIN PROCESSING.

June 5th - CEAC status - ADMIN PROCESSING.

WEEKEND :(

June 8th - CEAC status - ADMIN PROCESSING (worried)

JUNE 9TH - CEAC status - ISSUED (SO HAPPY)

I don't have the visa in hand yet, but that should be sent out soon!

We had a lawyer! Although he initially helped us through this K1 procedure, he was absolutely no help when we hit this problem. The embassy rarely reply to emails. Trust me, i sent a thousand emails and maybe got 3 replies. It's stressful. Jason and I did our best to keep up positive spirits which can be hard during these complications and waiting periods. Patience is KEY here.

I would like to encourage people to share their stories as it helps applicants relate and get some reassurance.It sure helped me make more sense of it all. I hope someone out there can relate to our story and that it helps put their mind at ease.

Jason and I are so excited to get married. I wish everyone who goes through this process the best of luck. LOVE WINS!!!

post-210560-0-89848500-1433865635_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gavin&Jason

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all!

I have found this website useful to get answer that are hard to obtain. Anyone who is searching knows how difficult it is to get official answers from the Embassy. I thought id add our story. I'll try to keep it simple. Our journey was quite easy up until our K1 interview and we hit a problem that id like to share with you.

MAY 8th - K1 INTERVIEW at the London US Embassy.

During this process, Jason and i were so careful in making sure that we had the correct documents for the interview. Our Visa was not granted on the day due to a missing document from the medical examination.

Some years ago i was convicted of a DWI when i was working in the United States. Usually the medical department ask for a police report when doing the examination (which i did), however the police report was clean as my offence was committed in another country, SO........ the medical department had no reason to do an alcohol dependant test. ADVICE! DECLARE EVERYTHING!!!!! Even though i provided everything the medical department asked for, if you feel its worth mentioning. MENTION IT!!!

Anyway, the officer at the embassy told me to book another Medical Appointment and she kept my Passport in readiness to issue my visa when obtaining the updated document. No second interview was required.

MAY 11th - I attended a new appointment at the Doctors and i had an alcohol dependant test. Basic sit down about alcohol use. No blood tests required. I'm pretty sure further tests are required if the doctor has reason to believe there is an issue.

MAY 13th - The updated medical was sent to the embassy.

MAY 15th - After i had sent numerous emails to the London Embassy i finally got confirmation that they had received the missing document. CEAC status - ADMIN PROCESSING (the scary kind)

MAY 20th - CEAC status - Ready (ready for interview) so confusing as i was told i did not need another interview. From the research i did online, i was not to worry. This status message will show until the creation date changes.

Many date updates happened throughout the next waiting period but no status change.

June 2nd - CEAC status - READY (open case). The creation date changed to current date. The application changed from IMMIGRANT to NON IMMIGRANT. Message stated to check back in 2 days. From my research, this CEAC status indicates that the visa in the final stages of processing. The reason they ask to check back in 2 days is because the case falls back into ADMIN PROCESSING which scares people. Don't worry! This is totally normal.

June 3rd - CEAC status - ADMIN PROCESSING. Like i said, this is generally a good sign. Don't Worry! Next update should be ISSUED!

June 4th - CEAC status - ADMIN PROCESSING.

June 5th - CEAC status - ADMIN PROCESSING.

WEEKEND :(

June 8th - CEAC status - ADMIN PROCESSING (worried)

JUNE 9TH - CEAC status - ISSUED (SO HAPPY)

I don't have the visa in hand yet, but that should be sent out soon!

We had a lawyer! Although he initially helped us through this K1 procedure, he was absolutely no help when we hit this problem. The embassy rarely reply to emails. Trust me, i sent a thousand emails and maybe got 3 replies. It's stressful. Jason and I did our best to keep up positive spirits which can be hard during these complications and waiting periods. Patience is KEY here.

I would like to encourage people to share their stories as it helps applicants relate and get some reassurance.It sure helped me make more sense of it all. I hope someone out there can relate to our story and that it helps put their mind at ease.

Jason and I are so excited to get married. I wish everyone who goes through this process the best of luck. LOVE WINS!!!

1484654_10155154836290184_9016672518666511721_n.jpg

Congrats. Yes, this website is of more help them any lawyer (at least for most cases) and the responses are so much quicker.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

~Three off-topic and argumentative posts and responses removed~

~Please post constructively, or do not post~

(mod hat off)

Congrats !!

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congratulations. I honestly cant imagine my immigratiion timeline to be such success without VJ. We were planning on getting a lawyer when filing our I-129F then I found this forum,Visajourney.com is the best.

AOS Date Filed : 2015-05-27

Got rejection notice on May 29, 2015 for an incomplete application

Receive rejected application on June 6, 2015

Resubmit June 8, 2015

Delivered June 9, 2015

NOA Date : 2015-06-16

Bio. Appt. : 2015-07-06

EAD and AP Approved Date : 2015-08-14

Date Combo Card Received : 2015-08-21 (Received my card about 6hrs apart on the same day they sent an e-mail that they shipped my card).

Receive Potential Interview Waiver Letter: September 9, 2015 sigh!!
AOS Approved without interview 2015-10-08 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :star: 3 MONTHS AND 22 DAYS AFTER NOA1 (F)
(L)In God I Put My Trust :star:

Congrats!!! Just out of curiosity, what type of questions did you get during your interview?

Filed I-129f petition---------------- 01.07.2015

Hardcopy NOA1 rec.----------------01.23.2015

K1 Visa Received---------------------10.09.2015

Married--------------------------------- 12.12.2015

Filed AOS/EAD-------------------------02.02.2016

AOS/EAD NOA1 rec.------------------02.08.2016

EAD Approved--------------------------04.11.2016

:reading:You can read more about my immigration journey on my blog as well as get tips and information about the process.

Timeline

When you get a chance, :time: It helps everyone that uses the forum, or is helped by the forum.

Timeline

Do what you can, including considering doing a review in your timeline. It is quite helpful for other similarly-situated couples seeking and obtaining a fiance(e) visa. Check the link in my signature block for details and access.

Congrats!

K1 Visa Process AOS Process

Mar 18 2013: I-129F mailed to CSC Nov 15 2013: I-485 with EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox

Sept 19 2013: Interview - Approved!! Jan 25 2014: EAD/AP Card Received

Oct 6 2013: POE - Chicago O'Hare June 2 2014: Permanent Resident Card Received!

Oct 27 2013: Wedding!

Congratulations! Glad to see it all worked out in the end :) We had a lawyer for the first bit too, and he wasn't much use really. When we hit a hiccup, he had no advice at all.

VJ is a great resource. Stick around, and when you proceed on to AOS and ROC, you can find many of your answers here. We dumped the lawyer and did the remaining bits ourselves.

Wishing you a happy future together :dancing:

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:dancing::dancing:

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I do not usually read long posts, but yours was just so interesting, and I expected the worst, and it turned out fine.

Great job on your post!

Hope for a speedy arrival of your visa.

Nice job.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I agree with everyone here VJ IS Great!!! Without the feed back from those that have preceded us thru the process, we'd be frantic due to the lack of feed back from USCIS, I would have thought the petition had been lost long ago. Keep up the good work everyone with the stories and advice. The journey isn't for the feint of heart.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.