mlyn1375

NVC - Anyone get through via phone?

58 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline

It is truly a hit or miss speed re-dial procedure, but they really do have customer service people. Unfortunately, half I have spoken with are clueless, one quarter are lazy and do not care, and the last quarter are very helpful. In our case mail and email has taken a week or two longer than the information and go ahead information I we get from calling.

Keep the faith, they do have true staff answering the phones.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

Has anyone had any luck getting through to NVC via phone? We have called numerous times, at different times of the day, and never get a human being. Just get the message that due to high call volumes, all agents are helping other customers.

Anyone have any tips/tricks to share?

Thanks!

YUp. My fiance was so eager to get the case number and he got it after 2 days of calling. Just keep calling and calling until a person answers.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Not all embassies even give a packet 3.....such as the Philippines. I was just more or less making a point it's not neccessary even though we all do it.

Android!

Understood. I am not aware of all of the different embassy innuendos. I am only familiar with Jamaica :) What else would we do to pass the wait! I call everyday! but my fiancé doesn't have his passport or police records yet so no sense in me calling now even if I did get a case number I couldn't do anything with it. I want to make sure all the documents are ready before we pay the fee besides the medical portion.

Android it is:)

Got through first try one time. Waited on hold about 2 minutes. Score a victory for me. I called about 10 minutes before closing.

Nice one

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

u have to call in early in the morning ..around 7.30ish ..then get u through ..and that pretty fast ..first time ive waited 10 minutes...the second time barely 15

Our Story

I'm the benificary

First met: August 23rd 2013 (F)
Engaged: November 13th 2014 :wub:
I-129f sent: March 20th 2015
Received by USICS: March 25th 2015
Mail notification + Case accepted and routed to CSC:
March 27th 2015

NOA1 hard Copy received: April 4th 2015 :dancing:

Mail notification - Petition Approved NOA2: May 8th 2015

B-) NOA2 hard Copy received: May 15th 2015 :thumbs::dance:

Called NVC & Received Case NR: May 29th 2015 :thumbs:

At NVC: Since 21th May 2015

Stuck at AP :clock:

left NVC/ In Transit to Frankfurt: 3rd June 2015 :dancing:

Ready at Embassy Frankfurt: 5th June 2015 :wow:

Packet 3 received: 11th June 2015

DS-160 Submitted: 16th June 2015

Fee paid: 18th June 2015

Package 3 sent: 13th July 2015

Ready to schedule Interview: 16th July 2015
Medical passed: 21st July 2015

Interview: 5th August 2015 :star: -> Approved

POE: 27th August 2015

Date of Marriage: 3rd September 2015 (L):luv:

:energy::energy::energy: :energy: :energy::energy:

AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

sure did!! im using my presidential power for an interview date! im calling with my iphone tomorrow should get an interview tomorrow!

Good luck with the Iphone. the call will drop no doubt. better find a payphone :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Just called 65 times and I got in! :-) Apparently they just received our case today but our number is not yet in the system so I'm definitely calling back tomorrow. :-)

For the beneficiaries (I am one ;-)): you can call as well! :-) Just get the Google Hangouts app and you can call the NVC for free wherever you are as long as you have Wifi! :-)

Edited by Kvermeiren

Timeline

Just called 65 times and I got in! :-) Apparently they just received our case today but our number is not yet in the system so I'm definitely calling back tomorrow. :-)

For the beneficiaries (I am one ;-)): you can call as well! :-) Just get the Google Hangouts app and you can call the NVC for free wherever you are as long as you have Wifi! :-)

too late i used skype :D

Our Story

I'm the benificary

March 27th 2015

AOS

Timeline

NVC number is not for free over Skype in Belgium. ;-) Either way: as long as we find a way to get in! :-)

Neither here..but I got a Credit thingy...and it's amazing how long lasting this 5 euro credit is...

almost 1 hour called into the us..and still having over 3.15 :D

Our Story

I'm the benificary

March 27th 2015

AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Haha... That's definitely not bad either!!! :-)

Neither here..but I got a Credit thingy...and it's amazing how long lasting this 5 euro credit is...

almost 1 hour called into the us..and still having over 3.15 :D

Filed: Country: Argentina
Timeline

I am new on here and we are documenting my husband's journey to legal immigration to the US on our blog, Modern Day Settlers, and I actually wrote about this today. I am not sure if I am allowed to share my blog, so please delete if so, but I titled my post, Elevator Music Can Drive You Crazy! It is so annoying listening to the music and then hearing the man come on every few minutes. I called more times that I could count yesterday and never got through. But, our sponsor, finally got through last night. I just keep calling back a bunch of times in a row and have had to wait as short at 20 minutes to close to an hour.

Filed: Country: Argentina
Timeline

If any of you have an iphone or ipad mini, download the free Magicjack app and you can call US numbers for free. I am in Argentina and use it daily to call my family.This may help for those who are having to pay to wait on the phone for what seems like hours.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.